SS30378 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SS30378 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Chest more than once??

Probably been answered for others but what do you think?? Lifting for 20 months now, size increasing everywhere but chest is lagging. Arms 19in, big shoulders, traps and so on. When I think about it my arms and shoiulders are being trained more than once a week obviously, (separate day for arms bi's and tri's, back day works bi's chest day works tri's and shoulder day works tri's and they grow wonderfully!) Would it be worth hitting chest for a second day, maybe some isolated exercises like flys and some cable exercises. I mean I can press a lot of weight (315 for 6 on incline, 350+ for 5-6 on flat) my chest is nice and sore after each workout so I feel as if I worked it well. I do do a lot of cables and dumbell presses to to try and really focus on my chest also. Why wont it respond as well as everything else??? Any advise or comments??
    Just shy of 5'6" (leverage baby!)
    193 lbs @ 10% (thats what the hand reader told me!)
    19" arms (way out of proporton to the rest of me!)
    time lifting 20 months
    bench 405, squat north of 455, deadlift again north of 455
    61 LBS ALL NATURAL SO FAR!
    WHO SAYS YOU NEED ROIDS TO GET BIG???

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    points to sig---> hmmm 19inch arms at 5'6 with 10% at 22...not believing it bro. Too much focus being placed ont these so calld bodyfat percentages. But back to the question

Originally Posted by SS30378
    Probably been answered for others but what do you think?? Lifting for 20 months now, size increasing everywhere but chest is lagging. Arms 19in, big shoulders, traps and so on. When I think about it my arms and shoiulders are being trained more than once a week obviously, (separate day for arms bi's and tri's, back day works bi's chest day works tri's and shoulder day works tri's and they grow wonderfully!) Would it be worth hitting chest for a second day, maybe some isolated exercises like flys and some cable exercises. I mean I can press a lot of weight (315 for 6 on incline, 350+ for 5-6 on flat) my chest is nice and sore after each workout so I feel as if I worked it well. I do do a lot of cables and dumbell presses to to try and really focus on my chest also. Why wont it respond as well as everything else??? Any advise or comments??
    Yeah i think try doing higher reps 8-10 or OMG lowering the weight with Time Under Tension. SLOOOOWWW down the reps. Soreness doesn't equal muscle growth. I am guessing that your delts and tri's are really overpowering your chest. Hey don't take my word for it wait for someone that is over 215lbs and has 17 1/2 inch arms to tell you.
    Cha Cha Cha

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Having a 2nd chest day is fine if you can make the room in your routine. I generally like to give the chest at least 3 days rest and that allows for two chest workouts a week if I wanted. I like the idea you mentioned of having one focused more on compound work and the second one placing more emphasis on 'isolation' work like flyes and crossovers.

In that case the second workout could be shorter and split with just about anything and since triceps involvement won't be an issue it could follow a shoulder workout or precede a triceps workout without fatigue being an issue. Quite a few possibilities there.

dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question

pics?

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think having a second chest day would be a good idea.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dparm99
    pics?
    This guy came here asking for advice. Not to pose for you.

Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    61 LBS IN A YEAR AND A HALF ALL NATURAL, WHO SAYS YOU NEED ROIDS TO GET BIG???
    LOL!!! So you did need roids, though.

I'm not against them, just a funny signature

SS30378 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SS30378 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: On roids

No never used roids in my life or PHs for that matter, just ate a ton and lifted heavy. Use creatine aminos and vitamins though along with a bunch of protein shakes (I work at the gym so those are my diet while I'm there) Just trying to get my chest to be proportional with the rest of me. So that means i need about a foot more on my chest (that sucks!). Just wondering if a 2nd day on chest would be a benefit to me or actually hurt me. Pics?? Today is chest day so I'll get you some pics and show you why I need a foot on my chest. I'll be back on here later tonight with some pics, I'm not much of a poser but I'll give it a go! Later...
    time lifting 20 months

Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siafu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No never used roids in my life or PHs for that matter, just ate a ton and lifted heavy. Use creatine aminos and vitamins though along with a bunch of protein shakes (I work at the gym so those are my diet while I'm there) Just trying to get my chest to be proportional with the rest of me. So that means i need about a foot more on my chest (that sucks!). Just wondering if a 2nd day on chest would be a benefit to me or actually hurt me. Pics?? Today is chest day so I'll get you some pics and show you why I need a foot on my chest. I'll be back on here later tonight with some pics, I'm not much of a poser but I'll give it a go! Later...
    PH's aren't that bad. They are dirty for sure, but not too bad.

Don't wory, that message of mine was more like a joke .
    "193 lbs @ 10%", you're in shape I suppose

E-stats: 6'5" 575lbs 6%BF cheezefacta's Avatar
    cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cheezefacta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Im going to believe you without the pics...I hate when people call you out and ask for pics or videos. STOP HATIN'!

Ok I just understood you said "you never used steroids OR pro hormones", fine.

So what does your signatures "A HALF ALL NATURAL" part mean? I'm just confused

I don't care when people call me out, plus I need to learn how to post pics anyways. Seriously though, I gotta get my chest going, If you look at me from the front I look huge with arms and shoulders flared out but from the side all you can see is my damn arm and trap. I gotta get thick from all angles, thats my concern. So Ill still post pics and you can see for yourself!
    time lifting 20 months

I don't care when people call me out, plus I need to learn how to post pics anyways. Seriously though, I gotta get my chest going, If you look at me from the front I look huge with arms and shoulders flared out but from the side all you can see is my damn arm and trap. I gotta get thick from all angles, thats my concern. So Ill still post pics and you can see for yourself!
    I never DOUPTED YOU!!! Jesus! I'm so confused, that what does "half naturally" mean in your signature, that's all. If you think protein shakes and creatines aren't natural, then you basicly say food isn't natural.

What I meant

I mean it to say I put on 61 lbs in 1 1/2 years naturally (actually a little over that its been 20 months now since I started) without any hormonal drugs. I'll rephrase that in my sig if its confusing...
    time lifting 20 months

:d

I mean it to say I put on 61 lbs in 1 1/2 years naturally (actually a little over that its been 20 months now since I started) without any hormonal drugs. I'll rephrase that in my sig if its confusing...
    hehe, well, to me "half naturally" means that half of your gains were with gear . But I guess we have a differend view of reality. What's red to you is orange to me

Ahhh, but remember I've only been lifting for 20 months total so unless I used gear before I started (trust me I havent!) I've never used it. I've got nothing against people who use gear or PHs but I have no plan to use it anytime soon, my natural abilities are still goin so ill roll with that for now. Ill just delete time frames in the sig, make thing easier. "I've gained 61 lbs naturally and I'll leave it at that" HaHa! Later
    time lifting 20 months

You don't have to say "believe me". I believe you, and your liftings are impressive for lifting only 20 months. I'm sure you have done everything 110% right.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off, I want to say good job on what you've done and for wanting to improve your whole body, "from all angles". Too many people want a big muscle group, usually chest and arms, but don't care about proportion with the rest of their body.

As for your chest, you wrote that you (1) lift heavy, and (2) get really sore, but you don't see growth. The mistake of believing that you NEED either of those for growth might be what's keeping you back. As odd as it may seem sometimes what works for your back or arms, might not work for chest or legs. I know that my back does great with heavy weight, but my chest responds very well to lighter weights.(I have a 46" chest and have never benched over 200).

You might just need to do something different, like change your weight/reps or frequency of workouts. Try new exercises and play around with TUT, plyometrics, unilateral training. Try everything. Don't just get stuck in the "more weight" mindset.
    I don't know either lol

dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    If i want to see pics then i'll ask for pics! And considering he was saying how out of proportion his chest is, pictures are relevant, not that's it's any of your concern!
    Anyway getting back on track - I definately think you should try adding a second chest day, i have recently done this and i think it's starting to pay off.
    Last edited by dparm99; 08-30-2005 at 02:33 AM.

www.iammassive.co.uk Yorkshirelad's Avatar
    Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Yorkshirelad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by spirit3530
    points to sig---> hmmm 19inch arms at 5'6 with 10% at 22...not believing it bro. Too much focus being placed ont these so calld bodyfat percentages. But back to the question

Yeah i think try doing higher reps 8-10 or OMG lowering the weight with Time Under Tension. SLOOOOWWW down the reps. Soreness doesn't equal muscle growth. I am guessing that your delts and tri's are really overpowering your chest. Hey don't take my word for it wait for someone that is over 215lbs and has 17 1/2 inch arms to tell you.
    Im 220lbs 6ft 2" around 14% Bf but my guns are only 16 inchs. But hey trainingg chest twice a week is a winner. My chest was dog turd so i started training chest on my days off for a few weeks and the strength and size soon built up.
    Respect to the losers........
    !!! THEY DETERMIN THE WINNERS !!!

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts

hahhaha! nice!