Questionable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto Question (A new one, maybe)

I recently purchased 2 items in hopes of having something different to eat.

Number One, Twinlab brand Energy Fuel. Contains damn near nothing, no carbs, no calories, nothing. Also, :Guarana seed extract, caffeine, taurine, ginsing root extract, green tea leaf, ginkgo biloba extract, carbonated water, citric acid, natural and artifical, sodium benzoate, potassium benzoate, sucralose, carmel color, yellow #6, red #40, blue #1.

Number Two: Carbolyte brand bars. 259 cal, 161 fat cal, 17.5 fat, 10.5 sat fat, 1.12 carb, 1.12 dietary fiber, 0 sugar, 7g protein. contains splenda.

The thing that piqued my curiosity is this: Malitol, a low digestable carbohydrate has been omitted from the total carbohydrate content as it can only convert to a negligible amount of glucose in the body. The amount of malitol accounts for approximately 39% of the caloric value of the bar.

So, i'm asking: are these foods keto-friendly?

Thanks in advance.

(first post!)

Questionable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump.

chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Keto Question (A new one, maybe)

Originally posted by Questionable
    I recently purchased 2 items in hopes of having something different to eat.

Number One, Twinlab brand Energy Fuel. Contains damn near nothing, no carbs, no calories, nothing. Also, :Guarana seed extract, caffeine, taurine, ginsing root extract, green tea leaf, ginkgo biloba extract, carbonated water, citric acid, natural and artifical, sodium benzoate, potassium benzoate, sucralose, carmel color, yellow #6, red #40, blue #1.

Number Two: Carbolyte brand bars. 259 cal, 161 fat cal, 17.5 fat, 10.5 sat fat, 1.12 carb, 1.12 dietary fiber, 0 sugar, 7g protein. contains splenda.

The thing that piqued my curiosity is this: Malitol, a low digestable carbohydrate has been omitted from the total carbohydrate content as it can only convert to a negligible amount of glucose in the body. The amount of malitol accounts for approximately 39% of the caloric value of the bar.

So, i'm asking: are these foods keto-friendly?

Thanks in advance.

(first post!)
    1. Not sure?? I saw sucralose in there, but at zero calories I don't think it'll have anything in there that would affect you. Its just a fat burner right, so it should be cool. If you're that worried bout it take it and test yourself about an hour later...

2. should be OK, but why would you want that bar. I've heard stuff like malitol can't kick you out of ketosis, but I think I'd rather have some steak or cheese instead.

Sorry can't be of more help...