Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BIGSMITH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best way to break plateau

first off take a week off, especially if you've been working out continuously for many months or years. next tweek your diet if you are not already doing so eat more protein and cosume more frequent healthy meals 5-6 a day instead of three larger meals. this more frequent meal consumption will keep your body in pos. nitrogen balance wich in turn builds muscle. lastly change your workouts, by this i mean add or exchange one exercise for another to shock your system into growing. these changes should help break your plateau.

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    :What Is The Best Way To Break A Plateau?:

Follow these 7 steps for success in overcoming your plateau. If you follow and check all 7, odds are that you will be in very good shape to overcome and continue your goal in building a great body. Follow these steps for ultimate success.

7 Steps for Breaking a Plateau

Step 1: Nutrition

Nutrition is the most important part in breaking a plateau. No matter how hard you work out, if you don't have proper nutrition to rest up and rebuild you will find yourself in a never ending plateau. It can be frusturating and most people will quit because 'their genetics suck'. Nutrition is key in building a great body and in most cases with plateaus, nutrition is lacking. A balanced diet of carbs, protien and fat will help. Always keep a 50/30/20 ratio or so for best results

TIPS ON NUTRITION
    - Keep a log on nutrition.
    - Have 6-8 small meals per day.
    - Have a balanced nutrition (carbs/proteins/fats).
    - Eat healthy, alot of fruits and vegetables.
    - Drink alot of water.

Step 2: Overtraining

Overtraining will get you no-where. The mind set 'more is better' is complete false, and will only bring you up to a plateau. By overtraining, i mean training a muscle group more than 2 times per week, or day after day. When you train you cause a muscle fiber tear to occur. Afterwards you eat good and hope for the fibers to rebuild and get bigger. Now if you tear the fiber again before it's build, there's no purpose. It won't grow. It won't get stronger and it will leave you dissapointed. So to keep your body growing, and not reaching a stop, overtraining shouldn't occur. It is bad anyway you look at it.

TIPS ON OVERTRAING
    - Do not train a specific muscle group more than 2 times per week.
    - More is not better.
    - 'Watch your sets', don't overdo it during your workout 8-12 sets is enough.
    - Do not train the same muscle group day after day.
    - Do not overtrain so you don't reach a plateau.

Step 3: Rest

Do you realize that reaching a plateau might be because you haven't had any rest in a while? The human body needs rest. Sometimes all you need to do to overcome a plateau and to get bigger is taking a week off and not doing anything. That sounds so good, because it is. By resting you take stress off your body, and your body changes and relaxes so when you get back to your schedule it is refreshed and ready to take a beating again. Resting is an important part of a healthy lifestlyle and sometimes more than one night of sleep is needed.

TIPS ON REST
    - If overworked, take a rest.
    - Rest for 1-2 weeks or until feeling better.
    - Resting/Time off is not bad, it can greatly benefit you.
    - Do not hesitate to take a break, if you feel stressed out and
    you are constantly sore, 1 week off may be the answer.

Step 4: Mix up your Routine

Sometimes you need to mix up your routine. The human body is made for adapting and adjusting for to your lifestyle. Research shows that after 2-4 weeks of continuous activity the body can actually get accustomed and you will reap less rewards. By changing your routines you will give your body a fresh start, and in no time overcome your plateau. You can mix up your sets, have 3 instead of the usual 2, or mix up your reps from 6-8 to 8-10 or vise versa. Chagning your entire split has been known to work, or changing the days you work out on, or time of day. When you have a plateau to overcome don't forget to mix things up.

TIPS ON MIXING THINGS UP
    - Mix things up every 2-4 weeks.
    - Don't forget to mix sets and reps up.
    - Change an entire split to suit your needs.
    - Add different workout or activities to your schedule (aerobics, extra walking, etc.).

Step 5: Supplements

Supplements can always give you an extra boost and that might be what you just need to overcome a plateau. By using supplents you will have an advantage over your body providing it with extra stuff so it overcomes. Using supplements is not only a smart idea but a must in breaking plateaus. It will help and you will feel glad. Bodybuilding.com has a excellent store, filled with wonderful supplements to help your goals at very affordable prices and i highly reccommend buying from them. Out of the thousand of useful supplements i will show the 5 most common and useful ones.

TIPS ON SUPPLEMENTS(CLOSER LOOK)

Creatine
    Creatine is a wonderful supplement. It almost doubles ATP enegry stores which are responsible for energy and short term movements of muscles, or during a heavy workout. By having extra ATP, you will be able to lift more, and last longer than people with normal creatine levels in them. Creatine is all natural and used by thousands of athletes worldwide.

Whey Protein
    Whey protein is a must. It's protein that is fastly dissolved in the blood stream. It's a must for after a workout and any other time you need protein in you, fast! With normal diets, most people don't get enough protein and by supplementing with whey protein you are increasing your protein and helping your body build up. It's a must in the fitness lifestyle.

Multi Vitamin
    In today's diets we don't get enough vitamins and minerals. You simply cannot supplement all your needs with food, so multi vitamins are extremely needed. Even people that don't workout use them, imagine how important they are to atheltes, especially when looking to overcome a plateau.

Glutamine
    Glutamin is a very popular supplement. It is an amino acid that prevents muscle loss and helps recovery. Good for when bulking and a must for cutting. It can give you a boost with recover and that can 'push' you through your plateau. It is a must to have and it is completely natural and used by thousands of athletes worldwide.

Fat Burner
    Fat burners are not magic pills that burn fat. They are filled with ingridients that 'wake up' the metabolism and make it faster. That will result in burnign more calories and then fat loss. If you are cutting and stuck and not losing body fat, then consider using a fat burner. From personal experience i can say that they work, and especially when in a plateau they can help a lot.

Step 6: Keep a Log

Keeping a log is very important. Especially when you are stuck in a plateau. You can always look back and see what you did wrong or how you did it. It can always bring you up, help you do better. You can find mistakes you did and change your routine for success. Or you can take out last years log sheet and see what you did for success and do it again and overcome that plateau you've been facing. Logs are simply a good tool that keep you on track, knowing what you did and what will follow.

Step 7: Shock Your Body

Sometimes you have to shock your body. By shocking i mean changin a routine, adding great instensity or doing something extreme. Now we have to be very smart not to overtrian or injure ourselfs, but adding intensity has always helped for me. It has shocked my body into believeing that it needs to work harder and it naturally overcame the plateau that i was facing. You need to do something drastic, unless it's time for rest, to really shock your body and tell it 'whos boss'. It won't be easy but afterwards you will thank yourself and reap the sweet reward.

Other Small Factors

Here are some other factors you need to consider to overcome your plateau. These are little things that you never thought can hinder your gains, but you will be surprised at how much they can effect the results you are getting. Remember a chain is as strong as its weakest link. You have to find that link and strengthen it.

Stay Hydrated

Even when you don't think water is needed, you might be wrong. Water is used to clean up your body from toxins and waste. It increases metabolism and helps prevent fat gain. Water is a small thing in your diet but very important and can play a big role on overcoming a plateau. Try to drink more water, in the gym between sets, during school/work and in your car. Carry a big 1 gallon with you to stay hydrated at all times.

Time between sets

How much time do you spend in between sets. In good conditions it shouldn't take more than 3 minutes, although more is needed during a heavy set. Don't wonder why you don't over come your plateau if after every set you go and talk to Bob about the new car you think of buying and come 15 minutes later for your second set. You have to be intense, and train hard. Sweat during lifting and you can tell you are working hard. By increasing intensity, you should be able to break away from the plateau that you are facing.

Have Goals

Sometimes when you don't have goals you find yourself in one big plateau, and let me tell you there's no fun. If you don't know where you're going how can you tell your slowing down? You can't. You have to have short and long term goals to be successful. Keep a log and write down goals and try to meet them by each due date. Be realistic and push yourself and you shouldn't be facing any plateaus.

TO CONLUDE...

Well this is it, i hope you read all the information, apply it and overcome. I, myself have been facing plateaus lately. All the information above should help. I hope you do the same thing, because i know how it is, and how frusturating plateaus are. Do not be tested to quit, i have lost many brothers from the iron game and it sucks. Seeing someone with great potencial dropping off. Do not give up and fight with your plateau and soon you will overcome it. Remember the words of Arnold, "Strenght is not winning, but going through hardships and overcoming".
    Last edited by bigcalves; 04-27-2005 at 07:25 AM.

bobio257 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nothing happens without effort

Whenever you see yourself in a plateau, it is important to notice that you are caught in a comfort zone. In order to break out of the comfort zone there are 3 things that definitely need to be changed: weight, reps, and routine

1. Weight- Although tiny and often overlooked, are probably the most important weights on the whole rack. Here's a quote for you "45's show strength, 2.5's build it." Every week or two, try slapping one of these little guys on there. Your muscles will adapt to the weight, and strength is built. It's not like it's a lot of weight to add on, either. If you bench 135, and slap on a pair of 2.5's, that's only a 4% increase in weight. If you lift 225, it's 2% increase. I think you can handle it, and the stronger you get, the easier it is to add. I usually keep a log of how much weight and how many reps I do. The second I do one rep more than I wanted to do. I add the 2.5's for my next set.

2. Reps- Every few weeks, I like to change the number of reps I do per set. I gradually increase the weight and decrease the reps. When I can't decrease the reps any lower, I jump them back up to the number I started with. By this time, I can lift more than I could the last cycle. The muscles are forced adapt to the change in weight and reps.

3. Routine- Lastly, it is time to look at your routine. When you get to the top of the stairs, it's time to find another staircase. I think that analogy pretty much sums it up. When you get into a plateau, it's time to look at your routine, and maybe try doing different exercises to work those muscles because you're obviously in a comfort zone with the exercises you have now.

So keep these concepts in mind and keep lifting. Being comfy is made for the couch not the weightroom. Hardwork and a good diet are the bread and butter of any good routine.

ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000) ravadongon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Holy Potatoes! , TOTW is really starting to get alot more competitive...Good work guys

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ravadongon
    Holy Potatoes! , TOTW is really starting to get alot more competitive...Good work guys
    Agreed.

Very nice articles guys. Great work!
    If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I can smell a first place for Big Calves

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IGF
    I can smell a first place for Big Calves
    hehe thanks. i did spend a long time and focus on this

soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soufi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

good thing I stepped out this week. I am calling it between bigcalves and fortifiediron,

Good luck to everyone!
    Throw Far. Throw Loud.

antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i vote a tie between a bunch of us....
    I'm just here for the gangbang.

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I give it to bubba g.. he really kicked it up a notch this week.... left no stones unturned, his article kept me on the edge of my seat. a very good read...
    Last edited by bubba g; 04-27-2005 at 04:03 PM.

Originally Posted by bubba g
    I give it to bubba g.. he really kicked it up a notch this week.... left no stones unturned, his article kept me on the edge of my seat. a very good read...
    hehe we know who posts in 2 different screen names, and forgot to switch.

or is being sarcastic.

2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2hightofly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

nice article backa

I really liked Backa53's article. I think the shaking things up is a really important idea. I learned alot from it. keep up the good work!

just to let you know that the mods can see the persons IP adress, so even if you switch usernames you look pretty obious.

PS: bigcalve's article is the best!!!!!!! :

ANyways guys, good luck to all!

Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Backa53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigcalves
    just to let you know that the mods can see the persons IP adress, so even if you switch usernames you look pretty obious.

PS: bigcalve's article is the best!!!!!!! :
    In fact, if they are to see, which they probably would, it would probably turn them off the article. I know if there were two close articles I'd pick the guy who doesn't have two screen name

Good luck all.

Originally Posted by Backa53
    In fact, if they are to see, which they probably would, it would probably turn them off the article. I know if there were two close articles I'd pick the guy who doesn't have two screen name

Good luck all.
    ya, i wasn't talking about u but about bubba g, because in his post he refers himself in 3rd person, as if another person is making it. But that might be just me. just my observation..

anyways good luck to all.

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bigcalves
    hehe we know who posts in 2 different screen names, and forgot to switch.

or is being sarcastic.
    LOL.... No this is the only screen name I have.

(Although I am aware my opinion is biased)I truely feel that my article was the best. I mentioned more possble causes of a plateau than anyone else. I also offered more solutions. It was worded well, layed out well, thorough yet not dragged out, not painfuly analytical. I am really happy with it..

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My article is poor and not well studied. Not even close to the work I generally do. Therefor does not deserve to win.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

Originally Posted by FortifiedIron
    My article is poor and not well studied. Not even close to the work I generally do. Therefor does not deserve to win.

Kc
    take it out, edit then..

Kc
    I think your article was good. really good infact. I just think it really covered one method.

Also I agree it is not your best work..

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/pa...f=1&noupdate=1

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Kc
    I actually thought that your article was pretty good man. Definately a contender for one of the top 3 positions.
    If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

XxFernandoxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, some of you wrote incredible articles.
    I found some of these articles very informative and I learned a lot.
    Thanks for writing these.

Good Luck to you all.
    Last edited by XxFernandoxX; 04-27-2005 at 07:46 PM.

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bubba g
    I think your article was good. really good infact. I just think it really covered one method.

Also I agree it is not your best work..

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/pa...f=1&noupdate=1
    I could have went on to discuss in-depth why training each body part more then once a week was benefical. I could have gave signaling research and other information that could have made it better.

However the main point of the post (whatever you wanna call it) was to conclude that just about everything will elict hypertrophy. That is why you should never get caught up into one method and why periodization is good for this. It allows you to properly cycle all these variables practically in your training protocol.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

XxFernandoxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I could have went on to discuss in-depth why training each body part more then once a week was benefical. I could have gave signaling research and other information that could have made it better.

However the main point of the post (whatever you wanna call it) was to conclude that just about everything will elict hypertrophy. That is why you should never get caught up into one method and why periodization is good for this. It allows you to properly cycle all these variables practically in your training protocol.

Kc
    Yea, I know what you mean dude.
    Too bad that you didnt actually include much of that in your article.
    Last edited by XxFernandoxX; 04-27-2005 at 07:47 PM.

MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I thought everyones article was very good, however I thought bubba g's article was the most insightful and the most detailed. He brought forth very good suggestions from many different angles of attack. Personally, I think that the most important thing to breaking a plateau is to determine what it is that is holding you back, which bubba g detailed first off.

Good job to everyone though!
    murphy240@hushmail.com

Kc
    I think your article was very good. No doubt you really know your stuff. I hope it didn't sound like I was putting your article down..... I was just agreeing with you that you have written far more indepth articles.

great job this week everyone..

drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This topic of the week really reminds me how much i hate the term "shocking your muscles". It has been so many times throughout these articles. Everytime I hear about shocking your muscles, I think of the guy from dodgeball who said he was going to do some burnouts on his biceps to really shock the muscle!

I would also like to say that a lot of these articles are fawled in small ways. ONe article suggest NO2!!! Another article suggest working the same body part 3 days in a row (granted there is a warning but without roids you can piss that idea away UNLESS in the small chance that he meant 3 days in a row of training with different levels of overload such as maximal/sub-maximal, etc than it might be possible MAYBE)! Plenty of articles mentioned the idea of dropsets, which do nothing extra to overload the muscle but fatigue it! On the issue of fatigue, preexhausting is also mentioned which I personally thought was sarcasm at first. Another article suggest extra walking!!! What the hell does extra walking do, I guess I better go walk around the mall a bunch, because I always see athletes that walk to improve their health or physique (Please!!!)

And by the way where in all these articles is stretching. Maybe I overlooked someone who wrote it in, but no one mentioned the benefit of stretching esp. extreme stretching.

In adidtion to my many compliants, I would also like to complain that one person mention increased volume but made no mention of decreased volume...HMMMMMMMM. Oh well....

Although there is many of these small fawls there is many good points and I really hope that the right one is chosen. Good Luck to those of you who actually help others more than possibly harm.
    Last edited by drugzkill; 04-27-2005 at 09:10 PM.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Originally Posted by drugzkill
    This topic of the week really reminds me how much i hate the term "shocking your muscles". It has been so many times throughout these articles. Everytime I hear about shocking your muscles, I think of the guy from dodgeball who said he was going to do some burnouts on his biceps to really shock the muscle!

I would also like to say that a lot of these articles are fawled in small ways. ONe article suggest NO2!!! Another article suggest working the same body part 3 days in a row (granted there is a warning but without roids you can piss that idea away UNLESS in the small chance that he meant 3 days in a row of training with different levels of overload such as maximal/sub-maximal, etc than it might be possible MAYBE)! Plenty of articles mentioned the idea of dropsets, which do nothing extra to overload the muscle but fatigue it! On the issue of fatigue, preexhausting is also mentioned which I personally thought was sarcasm at first. Another article suggest extra walking!!! What the hell does extra walking do, I guess I better go walk around the mall a bunch, because I always see athletes that walk to improve their health or physique (Please!!!)

And by the way where in all these articles is stretching. Maybe I overlooked someone who wrote it in, but no one mentioned the benefit of stretching esp. extreme stretching.

In adidtion to my many compliants, I would also like to complain that one person mention increased volume but made no mention of decreased volume...HMMMMMMMM. Oh well....

Although there is many of these small fawls there is many good points and I really hope that the right one is chosen. Good Luck to those of you who actually help others more than possibly harm.
    I didn't see your article anywhere....

I don't think stretching will help you get through a plateau. Although I agree it is very important and I stretch every single day weather I work out or not...

drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10) drugzkill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bubba,

Your article was well written and has great info (def in top 3) even though I personally have 1 or 2 things taht I disagree with your entire article.

As far as stretching goes, ask any one that has done it they will explain to you why it makes you grow faster. DC Training incoporates it. Any that has done the CRAPP they will testify to its benefits.

Extreme Stretching can mock muscle memory, aid in recovery and generally increase your gains.

Also I like to note here that plateau should never happen because as fortifiediron has mentioned workouts should be periodized and have loading and deloading phase (which sometimes i just replace with a week off).

If all your workouts are planmed according to periodization and gauged with different intensities at which your body can accomadate and recover then you should never have plateaus esp. when your diet is right.

Edit- by the way I didnt post an article because I didnt feel like it. I'm just an observer hoping that people dont get misinformed. And dont get me wrong either I think each article except maybe one has tons of valuable information, I just think many of them have small fawls.
    Last edited by drugzkill; 04-27-2005 at 09:38 PM.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Another article suggest working the same body part 3 days in a row (granted there is a warning but without roids you can piss that idea away UNLESS in the small chance that he meant 3 days in a row of training with different levels of overload such as maximal/sub-maximal, etc than it might be possible MAYBE)!
    Nope, I meant full on training 3 days same muscle group as hard as possible. Might be possible? whats so impossible about it?