MeteXploR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Pros/Cons of Supersetting

What are the pros and cons of supersetting bicep and tricep exercises. I do 7 total sets and 3 exercises for both, but I don't have time to do 14 individual sets.

Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stinker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MeteXploR
    What are the pros and cons of supersetting bicep and tricep exercises. I do 7 total sets and 3 exercises for both, but I don't have time to do 14 individual sets.
    The obvious benefit for you will be time saved. Other benefits would include a good hypertrophy effect and the active recovery the muscles get from being worked as an antagonist. The downside would be that you may need to tie up more than one machine, and supersets = very high energy excertion.

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's a good way of saving time and keeping yourself warm between sets. I've done it lots of times before, and I looked like a madman runing from one place to the other, lifting non-stop
    It's a pain in the ass when you find out that someone is using the equipment you need though.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MeteXploR

Pros
    Great pump
    Quick workout

Con's
    Can't go as heavy as you normally would
    Chicks dig big calves

bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbronswyk2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pros: Time saving,Great while cutting,Burns more calories
    Cons:Not good for building size,strength,cant go heavy

When I am cutting I will incorporate it into my workout for 2 of the 4 week cutting cycle. It also gives me more time to do cardio since I dont like to exceed 2 hours in the gym.
    You will never know what you can achieve untll you try.

Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chimeraman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do supersets all the time.

Pro:
    Save time
    keeps heart rate up

Cons:
    not good for heavy lifting
    puts tendents under a lot more stress, which can lead to injury
    - Far too many stupid people in the world. I say we remove the warning labels off everything and let nature take it's course.

- LETS GO LIFT SOMETHING HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    actually its great for building size...its a shock to the muscles that they normally wouldnt expect

TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    pros:
    turns 15's to 16's
    saves time
    pumped bis work as cushions when doing cgbp, I like it.
    A **** load of blood/nutrients are pumped to upper arms, must be a good thing.

con: If used too often, possibly overtrain?

How do they put tendons under more stress when you're working with less weight then u normally would?
    Sig line can't be a novel

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have to say, supersetting is not a block to going heavy. If you train your metabolism to handle the metabolic upgrade, you can go as heavy as if you weren't supersetting.

It only takes 30 seconds to regenerate half of the creatine burned by a heavy set in a muscle. Creatine is the fuel of choice for the strogest and fastest muscle fibers. If you are doing heavy supersets, and your metabolism is up to ATP and creatine regeneration, then you can maintain the strength to go as heavy as you can under more rest. Rest is recupperation, or regeneration of fuel.

A robust metabolism is adequately able to regenerate faster.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better