ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100)

O/T Do you have ADD and are taking medication for it?

If so, please drop me a PM. I would like to discuss certain things with you.

Thanks.

ThailerDurden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah will I was having trouble with ADD but then my doctor gave me- holy **** look at that spider! Wait did I just write that? My hands hurt. I'm hungry bye.

basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i do pm me pm isnt workin right now

TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ADD is just an excuse for parents who cant control their kids and kids who cant control their emotions. Medication is just gonna bring you to a state of depression. The mind is more powerful than you think, be smart and learn to control that **** dont make excuses.
    "Bodybuilding is about training muscle, not lifting weights" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Stop Whining!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger.

basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your ****in stupid add and adhd are 2 different things dip****. adhd measn you are hyper add means you cant concentrate. learn before you speak.

lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheNextArnie87
    ADD is just an excuse for parents who cant control their kids and kids who cant control their emotions. Medication is just gonna bring you to a state of depression. The mind is more powerful than you think, be smart and learn to control that **** dont make excuses.

Actually i somewhat agree with you. Just like dyslexia there was a pressure from the middle class to find an external problem for ADHD like behaviour. No one wanted to take personal responsibility at the fact their kid was out of control. ADHD as a result was therefore termed.

However, from a medical perspective there is significant evidence that ADHD is actually a neurological disorder. Studies show that individuals with it are suffering a shortage of dopamine in the prosencephalon - specifically the frontal lobe (striatum). As a result, the drugs of preference are dopamine agonists (e.g. ritalin, dex). And the research shows that in the majority of cases these drugs are effective and do control the majority of the adhd maladapative behavioural patterns.

But in psychiatry everyone has looked upon as sort of machines who have no free will. Our thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, behaviour are believed to be simply the result of our neurochemistry. The maxtrix scenario therefore has some relevance. What is real? And how do we know that our current state of consciousness is the right one. Look at this for e.g.

Serotonin:

High levels: -

You are optimistic

You are confident, suffer a high degree of self-serving bias

You believe that that you are liked etc.

low levels:

anxiety

depression - negative thoughts, believing ur inferior

negative outlook - seeing only the negative parts of life
    ----

Dopamine:

high levels:

too much attention - leading to idea of reference delusions.

Delusions of grandeur

Other delusions, such as erotomania, persecution etc.

Paranoia

Mania like behaviour

Low levels:

impulsive behaviour

little attention

poor social skills.

and so on..

Therefore we can see that while we believe in free will in actual thought we have minimal and our behaviour is just the result of our neurochemistry. Ofc, this is no excuse for bad behaviour but sometimes the problem is too great to treat using just solely psychological methods (e.g. CBT, REMT, counselling etc).

Kev

TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by basketballer756
    your ****in stupid add and adhd are 2 different things dip****. adhd measn you are hyper add means you cant concentrate. learn before you speak.
    Thats it ADD kid, go bang your head against a wall. People with ADD still have problems with controling anger, im from Australia every 2nd kid here claims to have ADD or ADHD, dont try and educate me on something you are clearly one sided on. Open your mind to the possibility that these kids are just looking for an excuse to act up. I dont think there were such high reports of cases of ADD/ADHD in the old days when kids feared their parents.
    "Bodybuilding is about training muscle, not lifting weights" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Originally Posted by lord_hope
    Actually i somewhat agree with you. Just like dyslexia there was a pressure from the middle class to find an external problem for ADHD like behaviour. No one wanted to take personal responsibility at the fact their kid was out of control. ADHD as a result was therefore termed.

However, from a medical perspective there is significant evidence that ADHD is actually a neurological disorder. Studies show that individuals with it are suffering a shortage of dopamine in the prosencephalon - specifically the frontal lobe (striatum). As a result, the drugs of preference are dopamine agonists (e.g. ritalin, dex). And the research shows that in the majority of cases these drugs are effective and do control the majority of the adhd maladapative behavioural patterns.

But in psychiatry everyone has looked upon as sort of machines who have no free will. Our thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, behaviour are believed to be simply the result of our neurochemistry. The maxtrix scenario therefore has some relevance. What is real? And how do we know that our current state of consciousness is the right one. Look at this for e.g.

Serotonin:

High levels: -

You are optimistic

You are confident, suffer a high degree of self-serving bias

You believe that that you are liked etc.

low levels:

anxiety

depression - negative thoughts, believing ur inferior

negative outlook - seeing only the negative parts of life
    ----

Dopamine:

high levels:

too much attention - leading to idea of reference delusions.

Delusions of grandeur

Other delusions, such as erotomania, persecution etc.

Paranoia

Mania like behaviour

Low levels:

impulsive behaviour

little attention

poor social skills.

and so on..

Therefore we can see that while we believe in free will in actual thought we have minimal and our behaviour is just the result of our neurochemistry. Ofc, this is no excuse for bad behaviour but sometimes the problem is too great to treat using just solely psychological methods (e.g. CBT, REMT, counselling etc).

Kev
    Very well said bro, rep for you.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs down

99% of kids who claim to have ADD are just spoiled brats.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Excellent post lord_hope! Hopefully I just helped your rep significantly.

mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50) mhadder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the medication they give you.. which is called "Ritalin" is basically another name for speed, thats what the medication is... small dosages of speed

lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lord_hope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks alot guys.

i barely ever get in trouble and i dont act up im very mature the docter said i have add NOT adhd. add is when you cant concentrate and adhd is when your all hyper and act up tis why it is attention diseficit hyperactice disorder or something like that. add has nothing to do with being hyper its adhd that does.... good job

Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheNextArnie87
    I would say that many doctors are quick to prescribe meds to kids these days and give them labels such as ADD & ADHD to describe abnormal behavior. I also think that many of these kids don't necessarily need medication for their behavior. However, I know quite a few people with ADD and ADHD and for these individuals it is not an excuse but a way of life and tough one at that. I dont have ADD or ADHD but i can see what they go through and how life is thougher on them. Show some respect, not everyone is as perfect as u.

Registered User thefifthfreedom's Avatar
    thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    to be honest i might have ADD too...im just hoping that i dont and that i just do random stuff because im bored

but i dont think it bothers me unless im driving or something

Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50) Punched will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude if all that crap they say about add is true then i have it but i dont consider it a bad thing for me. Half the time i get impulses to do something its to workout. i think the meds are for the pyscho ones

Call Me The Space Cowboy sholiz's Avatar
    sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sholiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with what has been said about being too fast to claim ADD/ADHD.

Damn you parents! The kid is 6 years old, he isn't MADE to sit in a chair for 6 hours! He's meant to run around and be a kid.

I think teachers are just as quick to blame ADD/ADHD aswell.
    Admin @ Iron Mass [dot] com