rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anterior Pelvic Tilt?

This August marks the 6th month that i've been dieting and excercising and so far i've lost about 50 pounds, 275 to 225ish, but what i've been noticing is that my stomach always seems to be way out of proportion to my body. If you were to guess my weight based on my stomach it would probably be 275-280 pounds. At first i thought it was just where my body first stores fat and it would be the last to take it off but then i came across Anterior Pelvic Tilt and that it causes disproportionately large stomachs. So i need an opinion. Do i have APT or not? Personally i can't tell that's why I need some other opinions. I attached some pics to show you what i'm talking about
    Attached Images
    Sky's the limit and you know its tough but you keep pressin on -B.I.G.

kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think you're still holding alot of fat around your stomach, its too hard to tell right now. I used to have an anterior pelvic tilt, doings lots of core work (2-3x a week) and stretching my lower back and hamstrings seemed to fix it.

good stuff on losing the weight, once you get leaner you'll be able to tell more.. for now hit up core work hard and stretch tight areas of your back/hamstrings

good luck

k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have a very slight Anterior pelvic tilt, meening your hip flexors are tight and is making you lean foward just a little bit. A way to correct this is simply to stretchyour hip flexors, and work on your glutes. Even with APT, there is still a large portion of fat in your abdominal area that makes you seem heavier. All I can say is keep going bro, You're doing great if you were able to drop 50 lbs. Never settle and create new goals. Goodluck.

k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_2the_ablam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by d_k View Post
    I think you're still holding alot of fat around your stomach, its too hard to tell right now. I used to have an anterior pelvic tilt, doings lots of core work (2-3x a week) and stretching my lower back and hamstrings seemed to fix it.

good stuff on losing the weight, once you get leaner you'll be able to tell more.. for now hit up core work hard and stretch tight areas of your back/hamstrings

good luck
    Just wanted to add that if you have a APT, you should not be stretching your hams at all, since they are already in a weakened, lengthened state along with your glutes. You are bending forward because the muscles in front of you are tight. Stretch those.

rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvbball is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by k_2the_ablam View Post
    You are bending forward because the muscles in front of you are tight. Stretch those.

Exactly which muscles in the front, the lower abs?
    Sky's the limit and you know its tough but you keep pressin on -B.I.G.

Registered User Gregtronixizzle's Avatar
    Gregtronixizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i personaly think your fine..just lose some more weight and you will see it evening out !

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle....rmanceTraining

Here's a great article on hip placement and overactive/under active muscles that are associated with APT.

Basically, if you have APt, your hip flexors and your lower abdominal complex is overactive and are tight, and your hams, gluts and lower back are in a stretched state, making them inactive, or less active.

Edit: even with that said, you only have it slightly and that's probably due to the amount of weight your body is/was used to carry around. Not to mention you're probably sitting down as you read this and for a large majority of the day for that matter, which can also contribute. Your number 1 priority is still to lower your BF% as healthy as possible. This problem will eventually correct itself with proper stretching and the less weight your body has to carry around.
    Last edited by k_2the_ablam; 07-28-2007 at 03:31 PM.