Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What Do Fat People Eat? (Serious)

Let me say straightaway: This is NOT a mean, hurtful post against fat people. This is a very sincere and curious post.

That said, I know there are probably people on this site who once were fat (and BTW, I commend you for your transformations), or perhaps know people who are morbidly obese. I often see obese people and wonder: What the heck do they eat? And a lot of them are young! Still in their 20s and they're already morbidly obese. Even kids! I just wonder what their eating schedule is like and what foods they consume to get that way.

I guess I just don't understand it and want to help these people. I just feel like walking up to them and saying: "What are DOING to yourself?! WHAT do you put in your mouth???"

When I see fat people at Mickey D's (yes, I go there occasionally), I feel very saddened. When I see fat people at the gym, I feel happy and think: "Good for you!" At least they're trying and doing something about it.

Does anyone know (from either firsthand experience or second-hand experience) what people like this eat? HOW do they eat SO MUCH that they're a few hundred pounds overweight and they're not even 30 yet???

Again, please don't take this as offensive. I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm just curious HOW someone could eat so MUCH that they get THAT much overweight...
    "If you're looking for a quick fix, you're in the wrong sport. Bodybuilding is a lifetime journey, not an overnight jaunt." - NaturalMsO

★☆★★☆
    "MRS tAkin ova?"
    "Yes, the women are taking over."
    ★☆★★☆

McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50) McBitt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    former 300lbs here. I used to eat alot of fast food and sit on my ass watching tv all day. I was always eating something and never got full (i smoked alot of pot too). When you always stuff your face you never get a feeling of fullness.

injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) injured44 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ive been everywhere from 155 pounds to 230 pounds

im 5'9

when i was down to like 165 was when i was an athlete in high school, and had a reason to be in shape...

after that i got depressed about life for various reasons and just didnt care much, plus i stopped playing sports, and riding my bike like back then, so it all added up and i was over 200 pounds for the first time in my life in my early 20's.... highest i hit was 230... now im sitting at about 205.... its tough losing weight with the older metabolism, and i had an injury that prevented me from doing **** for like 2 months.... so lifes tough i think getting fat stemmed from depression, and getting older for me.... i guess

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pop, fast food, alcohol, whatever is convenient.

Candy, cupcakes, twinkies, pizza, ice cream, lot's of processed carbs.

I think full calorie pop is the biggest, though.

It's mainly a portion control thing, obviously.

Coming from a former 265 obese fatty at 15 years of age.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

11 months from glory captain_marvel's Avatar
    captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalMsO View Post
    Let me say straightaway: This is NOT a mean, hurtful post against fat people. This is a very sincere and curious post.

That said, I know there are probably people on this site who once were fat (and BTW, I commend you for your transformations), or perhaps know people who are morbidly obese. I often see obese people and wonder: What the heck do they eat? And a lot of them are young! Still in their 20s and they're already morbidly obese. Even kids! I just wonder what their eating schedule is like and what foods they consume to get that way.

I guess I just don't understand it and want to help these people. I just feel like walking up to them and saying: "What are DOING to yourself?! WHAT do you put in your mouth???"

When I see fat people at Mickey D's (yes, I go there occasionally), I feel very saddened. When I see fat people at the gym, I feel happy and think: "Good for you!" At least they're trying and doing something about it.

Does anyone know (from either firsthand experience or second-hand experience) what people like this eat? HOW do they eat SO MUCH that they're a few hundred pounds overweight and they're not even 30 yet???

Again, please don't take this as offensive. I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm just curious HOW someone could eat so MUCH that they get THAT much overweight...
    Don't be outlandish. You've been on a BB site for 4 years and don't know why fat people are fat.

When I was fat I ate alot of fast food and junk food and didnt get alot of exersize. Simple as that.

What most fit people fail to realize is that obesity is a mental issue more than a physical issue. The reason people eat so much is becuase it is helping them cope with another issues (that is sometimes deep down that they don't even realize). Indulging in the taste of really tasty sweet unhealthy foods helps them cope. Much like a drug addict or any other addict.

Most fit people think that fat people are just lazy people that dont care. But 90% of the time thats not the issues. An obsese person cannot motivate themselves as easily as a fit person becuase they have underlying variables that are holding them back. Until they fix the mental issues most fat people dont have the strength to fix the physical issues.

Now for just "chubby" people the issue is diff. They just may not be getting enough exersize and/or they just dont know much about nutrition. Not necc as mental issue.

In any case I lost 180 pounds a good while back so I would know. I'm in great shape now at 5'11 190 10% BF and still improving.
    Last edited by captain_marvel; 07-16-2007 at 02:10 PM.

is staying positive! :) Miz-Zou's Avatar
    Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miz-Zou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Too Much.

A lot of people aren't willing to give up their tastes for a food that's good for them but doesn't taste good. There are tons more reasons, but this is one of the biggest.
    ★★★AJ Lee Crew★★★ - Officer of Punk Destruction
    ★★★EMMAlution Crew★★★ - Director of Broadcasting Down Under
    ✪ Rampaigers Crew ✪ - Head of Chocolate Application to Pasty Booty
    $$$ Sasha Banks Crew $$$ - President of Ratchet Relations

mWo

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    both of my parents are fat......

my dad eats twice a day...no breakfast. He'll eat at work...something like a sandwich and a bag of popcorn. Then he'll come home lay on the couch, eat a bowl of ice cream, eat dinner and go directly to bed.

My mom only eats once a day, she'll eat dinner. That's it....

both are fat

Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Senecan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Last football season, I had a reason to be "a little big" I weighed 250...Then once I realized I wouldn't play again I started losing the fat but keeping the muscle. I guess it all boils down to people's value systems. Some people don't find their health very important to them...

Both my grandma and my aunt are morbidly obese and I dont try and help them because I know they won't listen or anything...I just think to myself "Well they seem to be happy with what their doing to themselves".

I think if aliens invaded the earth and started eating all the fat people, people will start exercising and dieting.
    "When you're not in the gym, someone else is; and they will beat you."
    "If it was easy, everyone would do it."
    "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
    "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
    “To be number one, you have to train like you’re number two”

Jan 1st: 227 @ 16%
    Jan 7th: 223
    Jan 14th: 217
    Jan 21st: 216
    Jan 28th: 214
    Feb 4th: 213

kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I was overweight, 300 pounds, and my daily diet was about 1600 calories a day. I ate things like homemade tacos, homemade speghetti, homemade burgers, or chinese food. stuff like that. I drank about a can of soda a day, and the rest was water.

I was on a 1600 calorie a day diet. I never considered it a diet, i just was never that hungry, and i still got to 300pounds with 80pounds fat. without the fat i would have been 220 lean. im 5 food 10 inches

After I started working out, my fat just dropped off and now my muscles r hyooooge

Registered User user437490845hjgd's Avatar
    user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user437490845hjgd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was pretty damn fat a few years ago. I ate three meals a day, never snacked, and had fast food maybe once every two weeks. The three meals would have generally been fairly healthy if not for the HUGE serving sizes. Later, upon upon weighing my food, I was shocked - some meals would have been 4000 calories.

When my mom was part of the food picture especially, thinking back, geez, I must have been eating 6 servings of pasta in one sitting. If I had baked potatoes, it would be three. With chicken, it was four or five pieces plus all of the other stuff on the plate. Basically I had a twisted view of what constitutes an appropriate food portion, together with a shameful lack of physical activity.

captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000) captain_marvel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    both of my parents are fat......

my dad eats twice a day...no breakfast. He'll eat at work...something like a sandwich and a bag of popcorn. Then he'll come home lay on the couch, eat a bowl of ice cream, eat dinner and go directly to bed.

My mom only eats once a day, she'll eat dinner. That's it....

both are fat
    Thats probably because they have an extremely slow metabolism from eating like that. Of course its not alot. Its just too little and the completely wrong foods. When that happens your metabolism becomes so slow that it doesnt take alot of food to be fat.

My Business Is Serious InternetsUser's Avatar
    InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetsUser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pretty simple: they just don't care about what they eat.

Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I was overweight, it was because I worked ALOT, and fast food was more convienent.. I would hit the drive through before work, at lunch and on the way home.. I got off of work and had an infant and my ex-wife worked nights, so I would just sit home with the baby.. That and I hurt my back and couldn't workout per docs orders... So depression kicked in after that.. A lot of factors... A busy life is one of them...

Plus, a lot of people don't like hard work, and it's easier to eat a double cheese burger and sit on your a$$ than it is to go get a turkey sandwich, and hit the gym and do a quality workout...

anonymous
    I put on about 50 lbs. during my freshman year of college

I would skip breakfast or eat left over pizza

then have a huge lunch of whatever cafteria was serving
    same for dinner

then at night I would get in about 2000 or more cals from alcohol

then eat a TON of mcd's or pizza

that'll bulk ya up

CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000) CEO Alex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pizza/ice cream while they're sitting at home watching Maury all day.
    Just posting from the bridge I live under. :)

NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by captain_marvel View Post
    Don't be outlandish. You've been on a BB site for 4 years and don't know why fat people are fat.

When I was fat I ate alot of fast food and junk food and didnt get alot of exersize. Simple as that.

What most fit people fail to realize is that obesity is a mental issue more than a physical issue. The reason people eat so much is becuase it is helping them cope with another issues (that is sometimes deep down that they don't even realize). Indulging in the taste of really tasty sweet unhealthy foods helps them cope. Much like a drug addict or any other addict.

Most fit people think that fat people are just lazy people that dont care. But 90% of the time thats not the issues. A obsese person cannot motive themselves as easily as a fit person becuase they have underlying variables that are holding them back. Until they fix the mental issues most fat people dont have the strength to fix the physical issues.

Now for just "chubby" people the issue is diff. They just may not bet getting enough exersize and/or they just dont know much about nutrition. Not necc as mental issue.

In any case I lost 180 pounds a good while back so I would know. I'm in great shape now at 5'11 190 10% BF and still improving.
    I'm not being "outlandish." Yes, I've been a member here for a long time, but I've never really researched this topic. Until now. So, hush up.
    "If you're looking for a quick fix, you're in the wrong sport. Bodybuilding is a lifetime journey, not an overnight jaunt." - NaturalMsO

★☆★★☆
    "MRS tAkin ova?"
    ★☆★★☆

beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerbaron105 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    former 250lb fatty

wednesdays were 49c hamburgers at mcdicks...do the math

and i often ate 3 big bowls of pasta in one sitting for dinner, iwas never full, i still am never full, but at least my muscle devours my food for me
    *ZMA, Superpump MAX, Green Tea Extract, Garlic Extract, Fish Oil, Joint Supp.*

Come at Me!!!

the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10) the_invince is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Most fit people think that fat people are just lazy people that dont care. But 90% of the time thats not the issues. A obsese person cannot motive themselves as easily as a fit person becuase they have underlying variables that are holding them back. Until they fix the mental issues most fat people dont have the strength to fix the physical issues.
    are you assuming that fit people don't have mental issues? that they don't exercise to cope with other issues? that they don't have problems staying motivated? those factors are by no means specific to overly obese people. both people started out as average(barring any medical situations) and somewhere along the line made a choice to stay fit(which is unbelievably difficult) or to stuff themselves(which is remarkably easy), which in reality does say quite a bit about that person's character.

Thumbs up Reps to All You Ex-Fatties! ;)

Wow. A lot of amazing stories here. Thank you for posting and sharing. I want to say congratulations to all of you who were obese at one time (or still are but are working hard to DO something about it) and have transformed your physique.

I feel reps are in order here... If you haven't gotten yours yet, it's because I'm on recharge.

Thanks again for the replies, and keep up the great work!

★☆★★☆
    "MRS tAkin ova?"
    ★☆★★☆

Live, Laugh, Dissect RavenStorm's Avatar
    RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to be at 245-250, I'm now down to 225.

Ice Cream, McDonalds, Fried Chicken, a lot of sugary foods, Cereal, Pizza, Pop/Soda, etc...
    ░▄▄▄░░▄░░▄░▄░░▄░░▄░░░░▄▄░▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄
    █▄▄▄█░█▄▄█░█▄▄█░░█░░░█░░█░░█░█▄▄▄█░█░░░█
    █░░░█░░█░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░█░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█
    ▀░░░▀░░▀░░░░▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▀░▀▄▄▄▀

"Idk what the fuk was going on with me. My dick just stood up. " - Bleachway

HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Most fit people think that fat people are just lazy people that dont care. But 90% of the time thats not the issues. An obese person cannot motivate themselves as easily as a fit person becuase they have underlying variables that are holding them back. Until they fix the mental issues most fat people have, they dont have the strength to fix the physical issues.
    Hit the nail on the head. When I was WAY overweight, as in 70 lbs ago, it wasn't the working out that was hard, but rather the wanting to work out. There is a huge mental mess that goes on inside the head of someone who is obese. Generally, no, they are NOT happy - I don't care who says that they are. It's BS. But until they learn to love themselves enough to stop killing themselves......nothing will change.

Originally Posted by Miz-Zou View Post
    Too Much.
    Funny, that's the first thing that came to my mind too. To be honest, when I was much bigger, I didn't pay attention to calorie/nutrition content. Sure, I knew what was healthy and what wasn't, but even if I was eating healthy I wasn't paying attention to portion sizes. Of course, the other part of being very overweight is the notion that "heck, I'm already fat, what harm is one more french fry going to do?".

Originally Posted by CEO Alex View Post
    Pizza/ice cream while they're sitting at home watching Maury all day.
    I do believe that there are some who fall into that category. On the other hand, I work in downtown Chicago and see hordes of overweight people who are leading productive lives, with successful careers and families along with the material success that seems so important to you, CEO Alex. Their only visible failing is their weight.....try not to overgeneralize about a whole category of the population, hmm?

KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KJ6182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There are a lot of fat people because the cheaper, more mainstream food source make people fat. Like in the supermarket, it is cheaper to buy from center of the store where the non-perishable foods are, as opposed to fruits and vegetables that are actually more expensive.
    This is due to a farm bill that lowers the tax for the big food companies leaves a higher tax for the healthier food. Strong lobbying from the big food industries keep this tax low and to keep it that way on the shelves and is thus more convenient for the everyday shopper to buy the junk food.
    This is also why many lower class people are fat, not simply because they eat too much.

Attention K-Mart shoppers Archangel_Lost's Avatar
    Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rationalization. As soon as these people go on a diet, their brain starts pumping out reasons to stop. Like, why lose weight if they're just going to have loose skin? Why lose weight if their face/grill is messed up anyway? Why lose weight it they're a ginger/manlet? (j/k, j/k, j/k! ) But seriously, it's just a mental thing. They have a looooong way to go, unlike we BBers, who only cut for 3-4 months tops. It would take many obese people a year or two of solid dieting to get to a normal weight. And that would be 1-2 whole years of depriving themselves of the one thing they've relied on for comfort in happiness during most of their lives.
    Lifts:
    Squat: 460x1
    Bench: 400x1
    Deadlift: 575x1
    OHP: 250x2
    Weight: 180 lbs.

Don't have heroes; look up to no one. Because as long as someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second.

totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50) totalrookie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I was overweight - at 273 - my McDonald's meal would be (honestly) - 3 McChickens (2 for the ride home) or a 20 piece nugget - a big mac supersized meal (diet coke, obviously) - the reason I did this was three-fold.

I know I can consume all that still - back then, I did not understand that I didn't need all that - just because I CAN eat it all without feeling stuffed doesn't mean I should - so it was lack of information. I was never taught anything about nutrition and from a young age - my parents would always take me to McDonald's, which leads me to my 2nd reason...

HABIT - it was habitual to eat this way. I used to think that a bed of pasta with 2 breaded chicken patties smothered in FF cheese and marinara sauce was healthy - the portions were crazy big- but because it wasn't McDonald's I figured - yeah! I'm eating healthy!

The third reason for me was environment. In college, my friend and I would rip beers all Friday - order Domino's (medium pie, cheesy bread, buffalo kickers- that was just for me) - so the body was burning the alcohol - I was consuming more fat, then I'd go to sleep. I'd wake up at noon or one - then we'd order Chinese so that was a mixture of habit/environment.

Now, when I look back - it's crazy. I get kind of sad when I see how long the Drive-Thru line is at McDonald's (sometimes it's like 2PM - WHY IS THERE SUCH A LONG LINE AT 2PM TO EAT THAT GARBAGE?!?) and I think back and realize - that was me - 2 years ago.
    reppin the dirty jerz 201

dont live with frustration
    ive learned through years of patience
    your day will come.

I'm not being "outlandish." Yes, I've been a member here for a long time, but I've never really researched this topic. Until now. So, hush up.
    Yes I think you are a bit outlandish. This isnt a physics problem, its not much to "research". You've been here long enough to know what leads to fitness so its only common sense what leads to the exact opposite. Unless you were obsese at one point in your life I wouldnt expect you know about that mental side behind it, but now i've educated you on it.

Cheers.

Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Budweiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    Pop, fast food, alcohol, whatever is convenient.

Candy, cupcakes, twinkies, pizza, ice cream, lot's of processed carbs.

I think full calorie pop is the biggest, though.

It's mainly a portion control thing, obviously.

Coming from a former 265 obese fatty at 15 years of age.
    you're awesome!
    "did you just say that with a lisp?" - Fitty

"Guns don't kill people, quarter inch holes through a vital organ kills people." - Mindripper

Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dollar menu was the shyt when I was fat... I would have 3 double cheese burgers at lunch with some fries and a soda.. and the same for dinner... and 3 or 4 breakfast burritos... with "orange juice"... Snack on chips and cookies and everything during the day... It was nothing for me to drink 6 or 8 20 ounce Pepsi sodas in a work day...

Thinking back on it... I should have been a lot fatter than I was... Thank god I have a relatively fast metabolism... Damn...

Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lawdog1379 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Now for just "chubby" people the issue is diff. They just may not bet getting enough exersize and/or they just dont know much about nutrition. Not necc as mental issue.

What fit people don't have problems? Fat people are fat because they don't give a damn about their appearance. They feel, "Hey, you either like me for who I am or don't". Why do you think people get fatter when they get married. It's an age old saying.
    Vidi Et Scio

HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by the_invince View Post
    are you assuming that fit people don't have mental issues? that they don't exercise to cope with other issues? that they don't have problems staying motivated? those factors are by no means specific to overly obese people. both people started out as average(barring any medical situations) and somewhere along the line made a choice to stay fit(which is unbelievably difficult) or to stuff themselves(which is remarkably easy), which in reality does say quite a bit about that person's character.
    No, that is not what he was saying at all. He was saying that obese people use food to cope with their mental issues.

And no, I don't believe that most overweight people actually make a conscious choice to be that way, rather they make the choice to not put in the effort to be fit. Sounds like a miniscule difference, but the chasm is huge.

Yes, it does say quite a bit about anyone's character if they are CHOOSING to live a healthy lifestyle. And really, once you're living healthy it becomes quite easy because it becomes habit.

On a sidenote, if I even try to stuff myself these days, I can't. Reduced stomach capacity from living healthy for over a year.

Originally Posted by the_invince View Post
    No one said that. YOU assumed that. That can be the case also that is just the opposite extreme. No factor is specifically relevant to an entire population of anyone. There are exceptions to every rule. Last time I checked there were more variables and factors in life than "oh im going to be fit or fat". There are tons of mental and enviromental factors that come into play. As I said I was 370 poounds at one point in my life I am now in great shape. So I would know what i'm talking about.
    Last edited by captain_marvel; 07-16-2007 at 02:13 PM.