TreasonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Counting Calories

I have never counted calories before but I am having a really hard time dropping weight. Please review this and let me know if I am doing anything wrong. My goal is to drop fat and not strip away Muscle. I am not concerned with the amount of time it takes as long as it happens. Thanks

I am 6'1" 300 Pounds (not a total fat ass) Been Training 2 years.

Current Plan Daily Calories

Calories 4050
    Protien 511.31Grams/day
    Carbs 369.5 Grams/day
    Fat 58.5 Grams/day
    This is split between 8 meals spaced 2 to 3 hours apart with 2 meals within an hour and a half after weight training. Weight Training in the morning 5 days a week cardio 20 min sessions in the afternoon 4 times a week.

Supplements:
    Protien
    Creatine
    Gaba
    Glutamine
    Multi Vitamin

I am going to follow this plan and watch my weight. I plan on dropping a max of 2 pounds a week. If I go above 2 pounds I will increase the calories if I do less than 2 I will decrease the calories by 150. If any of this is off the wall let me know. I had help shaping this plan from a couple of people at my gym and supplement store.

Thanks in advance guys!!

James

RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Talking

Even at your weight you are still getting above maintenence calories. To lose weight you have to create a calorie deficet. You are getting, imo, to much protein, to many carbs and not enough fat. Shoot for a 200 calorie deficet. Multiply your body weight x10 then subtract 200(2500 if you can't do math). I really dig keto dieting. So I would say try the spread sheet. If keto is not your poison then try a moderate carb, high protein, and low fat diet.
    If you have never done a keto diet before, you may think you are getting in to much fat and not enough carbs. Trust me that is not true. If you decide to take the keto route(Which would be a great way to go,because you can build small amounts of lean mass while continuing to strip body fat) the first couple days will be rough, but don't worry about it. Also you would get to carb up(which I do nto have a spread sheet for) which invovles eating the same amount of calories, but emphasizing on just carbs and protein.
    Last edited by RoughN'Tough; 06-07-2002 at 10:59 AM.
    "Sucess is a simple measurement of the commitment, sacrifice, and pain one endures to achieve a dream"-Unknown

"its about knowing what you want, and accepting what you have to sacrifice"- From Big Cat's article on Building a Professional

RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RoughN_Tough is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Here is the spreadsheet
    type in your weight then move then hit the tab button
    Attached Files
    "Sucess is a simple measurement of the commitment, sacrifice, and pain one endures to achieve a dream"-Unknown

"its about knowing what you want, and accepting what you have to sacrifice"- From Big Cat's article on Building a Professional

TreasonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lift Pretty Heavy I stay in the 4 to 6 rep range with a 3 min rest. I figured I would need the carbs to keep my energy up. I'm going to give the spreadsheet a try and see how I feel after 2 weeks. I just really don't want to strip any muscle off and I don't want the amount of weight I lift to go down too much. Thanks for the advice I thought I was taking too many calories. Also what foods would you suggest to get the required amount of fat? Beef products maybe?

Thanks a lot!

dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000)
    dnp?

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by TreasonX
    I lift Pretty Heavy I stay in the 4 to 6 rep range with a 3 min rest. I figured I would need the carbs to keep my energy up. I'm going to give the spreadsheet a try and see how I feel after 2 weeks. I just really don't want to strip any muscle off and I don't want the amount of weight I lift to go down too much. Thanks for the advice I thought I was taking too many calories. Also what foods would you suggest to get the required amount of fat? Beef products maybe?

Thanks a lot!
    Flaxeed oil, almonds, and maybe some CLA.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lightbulb

Also peanut butter(natural) and some stuctured EFAs. Keep the beef you eat as lean as possible.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....

As long as your fat consumption is high enough, I have found next to no muscle loss, from keto dieting.

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by RoughN'Tough
    As long as your fat consumption is high enough, I have found next to no muscle loss, from keto dieting.
    I weigh 176pnds, what would you say my fat consumption should be?

Approximatley 80grams