Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Athiests

BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50) BVAV will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SeniorDiscount View Post
    agreed.

Are you a christian? I find it fascinating that you're so defensive about your faith and the suppposed morals you're governed by since you're a rabid hate monger. In fact most church goers that I've met are just like you talking out of two sides of their mouths. Seems like it never fails that the most faithful are the most self righteous and the meanest.
    R.I.P raprazant

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BVAV View Post
    Are you a christian? I find it fascinating that you're so defensive about your faith and the suppposed morals you're governed by since you're a rabid hate monger. In fact most church goers that I've met are just like you talking out of two sides of their mouths. Seems like it never fails that the most faithful are the most self righteous and the meanest.
    He's probably a white european male...
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

glitter boy (no hetero) TwiloMike's Avatar
    TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by joedonj View Post
    I am new here so please don't flame. I have noticed reading some of these threads that a lot of non believers seem very angry at Christians. Is it the faith that bothers you or the feeling that alot of Christians are hypocrites. Please discuss
    My particular issue is the forcing of the tents of their faith, mainly by Christians since this is the USA, onto me. I've no problem with people having private religious beliefs.
    "genepool & TwiloMike: the e-love story", available in hardcover early 2009.

Albert Einstein- "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

whatisfightclub- "Where there's homo theeeeeeeeeeres Twilo! :D"

Minotaur- "Я Великая Княжна Ольга Николаевна :D"

OFFICIAL Female Misc. Male #2
    Official Homo of The Female Misc

I <3 hockeychick

Mod @ BeyondLowCarb.net

TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IraHays View Post
    lol

Edit: you forgot Jew haters.
    He didn't forget. He selectively omitted.

Albert Einstein- "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

I <3 hockeychick

Mod @ BeyondLowCarb.net

aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000) aeons is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DaCougarMech View Post
    well said. one thing that continually pisses me off is when i try to prove a scientific point, and the fundamentalist will counter by stating that my point is wrong because either: god exists, god did it, or god willed it. they never state a valid reason. they just continue on to rely on their logical fallacy of an arguement. if they're trying to frustrate rhyme and reason, they're doing a damn good job of it
    dude same here, I was discussing with a friend about that. He said something like "okay then how do you explain the sun giving us light etc and being there perfectly, if it were 1 inch closer we'd burn or farther we'd freeze." I just shook my head and laughed.

I do not believe the Bible has been rewritten. Re translated yes but not rewritten.

I am not the judge of who goes to hell

I believe God created Adam and Eve. When you say before Christianity was born do you mean before Jesus came?

As far as the lowewr your IQ is the more likely you are to believe I have no comment. I know smart people who believe and smart people who don't

Yes I believe Noah's Ark is literal

No I dont think God is egotistical for wanting to be worshipped. He is perfect and wants us to worship him and to follow his commandments.

No i don't believe in evolution

God gives each man free will and they choose to believe how they want
    Do you believe that god is omnipotent and omniscient?

I <3 hockeychick

Mod @ BeyondLowCarb.net

TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's not so much anger rather than disgust at how poorly logic set in among some people. The Bible, like any other religious text, was created by man and imbued with man's virtues and vices under their interpretation of an almighty deity.

DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aeons View Post
    dude same here, I was discussing with a friend about that. He said something like "okay then how do you explain the sun giving us light etc and being there perfectly, if it were 1 inch closer we'd burn or farther we'd freeze." I just shook my head and laughed.
    lol. i hate this type of arguement
    tell him that had the sun been further or closer, that he would not exist and the arguement would never arise. specifically, ask him to throw a rock. then ask him whether or not it was the will of god that the rock landed exactly where it is. if he had deviated in strength or if the wind had blown, then the rock would have landed someplace different. but the fact of the matter is that there was an effect to the cause. tell him that he could have easily not been born and the world would have continued. tell him that the world could have not formed and the universe would have still continued
    We're All Gonna Make It, Brahs

RIP Zyzz

.HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by riptor View Post
    I think alot of it has to do with the fact that the same topics come up over and over again. And when someone uses something that has been shown to be incorrect time and time again it gets a little annoying. Some people, atheists and theists, basically just say the same few things over and over again, and sometimes people get frustrated with that.

likewise

.HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100) .HOLDFAST. is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TricepsNGirls View Post
    It's not so much anger rather than disgust at how poorly logic set in among some people. The Bible, like any other religious text, was created by man and imbued with man's virtues and vices under their interpretation of an almighty deity.

I think I'm just annoyed at claims like this by people who have never actually read anything about the subject but just assume because it sounds right.

The anger I believe lies in neither side being able to convey their argument to someone who will listen. These arguments are better left to people who are not on the internet but out in real life.

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Violator009 View Post
    The thing is most people look at born again christians and think they should think and act and do the things exactly like christ did. Christianity is a life changing process, it is a way of life. So when some people hear some christians swear or find out they had sex before marriage, they get up on their high horse and judge these christians in their ignorance saying, " you should be following your bible". We are all made of flesh and the flesh is weak so we all fall short sometimes, this is where repentance comes in that gives christians a clean slate and the ability to work on our short comings, but this in no way is a license to sin. It is God who justifies, not man...
    it is also not a license to judge others. it's one thing to be like, "yeah, sometimes i sin, and so does everyone else." it's another thing to come in here, enraged about a few certain sins, sticking your noses in everone elses business.

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    which sins are you talking about that we ignore and the ones we focus on
    christians tend to focus on homosexuality, abortion, and to a slightly lesser degree, sex before marriage. almost every christian has sex before they are married, as shown by studies; i have yet to meet a christian that doesn't lie now and then. a lot of christians speed, cheat on taxes to some degree, are proud and boastful, commit adultry, lust, smoke, over-drink, over eat (there's a lot of fat christians about), and do other things. get the picture? not every christian does everyone of these things, but the point is, any christian that focuses on someone elses sin is not only judging but being a hypocrite.

they also want to make certain sins illegal, but if you were to make their favorite sins illegal, they would **** a brick.

i think they tend to focus on certain sins because it's what their leaders have told them to focus on, and it helps them be distracted from their own sin. it makes them feel better about their own lives, so they can go about, partaking in various sins while saying, "gee, at least i'm not a f*g or a baby killer."

actually i still struggle with depression to this day. Not to the extent that I once did because I feel like my life has a better purpose now.
    why don't you try medication and/or therapy? you're just living in a fantasy world, while you could be focusing on reality.

Originally Posted by tom288 View Post
    This is why I get aggrivated with Atheists, they misuse what you say and/or cannot follow logic. It's not the fact that you can move on when science is proven wrong, its for the time before that you WILL NOT admit that science COULD be wrong and that faith in religion is absurd. Yet all is forgotten when science turns out to be wrong. I have found the truth, and if you can understand a simple argument, it wasn't actually science that I was knocking, it was your, quite ironically enough, faith in it.
    lol, WE can't follow logic. says the guy who believes in an omniscient/omnipotent, loving god when there is absolutely no evidence of one. you were knocking something i don't have. i believe in something because of the evidence that has been presented to me, not because i have faith.

sure, everything could be wrong. maybe i'm not really sitting here typing, but i'm lying in a labratory somewhere, with a tube up my ass, living in a virtual reality system.

i don't think you understand what faith actually is. faith is believing something you can't prove. well, the things i believe in have been proven; they have evidence that leads me to believe a certain something. it would be completely moronic to say something like evolution could be false. or that the earth is not round. some things are just so obviously true when you look at the EVIDENCE. sure, i could say as i just did, and say that maybe i'm in a virtual reality and everything i know is false, but that's just being stupid. there's always a chance that you are wrong, but sometimes, it's so incredibly insignificant, that there is absolutely no point in addressing that possibility.

if faith is believing in something for which there is not evidence, then how can you call it faith when we only believe in that which we believe has been proven. how can you call it faith when we stop believing something once we see evidence that leads us else where? you say we won't except that science could be wrong, but the very fact that you accept that we change our views with new evidence shows you don't even believe the bull**** you're saying about us. pick up a dictionary.

and what do you mean, " Yet all is forgotten when science turns out to be wrong." you can't even cite an example, can you? tell me the last time the majority of atheists believed something that we felt was proven by science, that turned out to be wrong, and we "forgot" about it. just try.
    Last edited by AKR; 06-21-2007 at 02:39 PM.

I do not believe the Bible has been rewritten. Re translated yes but not rewritten.
    how exactly does someone retranslate something without rewriting it? that doesn't make any sense.

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I really think this boils down to joe grapsing on to religion because it gave him purpose. He claims to believe everything in it, but doesn't believe in evolution, which is absolutely mind boggling. Ive asked him several times to breifly describe evolution and he wont reply. I dont think he's honestly looked into it, his pastor probably told him evolution was fake and he ran with it.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

that is the mosaic law which Christ fulfilled when he died. The Mosaic law was not given to the Gentiles but to the Israelites.
    nope.

mathew 5:17 Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "

Originally Posted by AKR View Post
    they also want to make certain sins illegal, but if you were to make their favorite sins illegal, they would **** a brick.
    I LOLd.

I <3 hockeychick

Mod @ BeyondLowCarb.net

tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom288 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nope.

mathew 5:17 Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "
    Actually Yep.

The Mosaic law was given to the Jews.

Originally Posted by tom288 View Post
    Actually Yep.

The Mosaic law was given to the Jews.
    that wasn't what i said nope to. nice how you ignored your other statement.

DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am new here so please don't flame. I have noticed reading some of these threads that a lot of non believers seem very angry at Christians. Is it the faith that bothers you or the feeling that alot of Christians are hypocrites. Please discuss
    Some of them are just a bunch of haters! and hypocrites themself they should just enjoy life...my friend never grew up with religion he never went to church and he doesnt even hate christians he told me "why should i? my folks just never went to church i have no reason to dislike god or religion i just never grew up in it".I get along with him we are cool,I respect that I dont preach down his throat and he doesnt spew religious discrediting down mine.

but these other type of atheists who sound like a bunch of scorned women and make it known they hate god and every thing a christian stands for are the worst to me.

just enjoy life and let people be i respect my friend not having a religion or growing up without god and he respects that im religious and believe in god.

why cant more atheists realize not all christians are the same?
    Last edited by DaHooligan; 06-21-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Originally Posted by DaHooligan View Post

but these other type of atheists who sound like a bunch of scorned women and make it known they hate god and every thing a christian stands for are the worst to me.
    Atheists dont "hate god", we just dont think he/she/it exists. I dont hate Santa, just dont think he exists.

and he respects that im religious and believe in god.
    I respect your right to believe in god, I dont respect the belief in and of itself however.

DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a Christian who takes everything in the Bible literally. I became a christian around the age of 22. I did not grow up in a Christian home but I am proud to say my mom has accompanied me to church the last 2 weeks.
    What "CAUSED" you to become a Christian? ( If you are a Christian)

DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DIATRIBE079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iamGigantor View Post
    I think it's hilarious that people actually do believe in God. There's no evidence for it so they may as well be believing in Alice in Wonderland or something else equally insane.
    The evidence is all around, you are the evidence!

DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaCougarMech is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DIATRIBE079 View Post
    The evidence is all around, you are the evidence!
    all i see is evidence of the easter bunny
    We're All Gonna Make It, Brahs

RIP Zyzz

joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how exactly does someone retranslate something without rewriting it? that doesn't make any sense.
    by saying rewritten it sounds like you are saying it has been changed.

by saying rewritten it sounds like you are saying it has been changed.
    by saying it was retranslated, you are saying it has been changed.

joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    by saying it was retranslated, you are saying it has been changed.
    i meant retranslated into another language

nope.

Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the law so that thre may be righteousness for everyone who believes

oh hay joedonj!!! can you breifly describe evolution in your own words??? kthnx!