Realtest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Realtest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How important is the Pump in Bodybuilding???

I have been Bodybuilding for a while and I hear alot about you do not have to get pumped up if your lifting heavy and resting 3 minutes in between sets is optimal for maximum muscle.As far as I could tell when taking less then 1 minute of rest in between sets not only do I get a better workout but I can see my muscles growing after I train while using the Pump method and also gaining muscle weight.I think for a natural Bodybuilder he has to put more intensity to maximize gains while limiting sets.I don't think resting 3 minutes in between sets is good for bodybuilding.Just my opinion. Any thoughts out there,I'D love to hear them ???

Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: How important is the Pump in Bodybuilding???

double post

Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: How important is the Pump in Bodybuilding???

Originally posted by Realtest
    I have been Bodybuilding for a while and I hear alot about you do not have to get pumped up if your lifting heavy and resting 3 minutes in between sets is optimal for maximum muscle.As far as I could tell when taking less then 1 minute of rest in between sets not only do I get a better workout but I can see my muscles growing after I train while using the Pump method and also gaining muscle weight.I think for a natural Bodybuilder he has to put more intensity to maximize gains while limiting sets.I don't think resting 3 minutes in between sets is good for bodybuilding.Just my opinion. Any thoughts out there,I'D love to hear them ???
    resting between sets depends on the body part, but you probably should never go over 3. the pump doesnt actually matter for muscle growth, it just feels great and is motivating. if you're doing exercizes leaning towards more isolation or if you're doing super sets you probably should keep your rest times under a minute. But you cant tell me you're doing to do a heavy set of squats or a really heavy bench and then wait 50 seconds and do another.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Pump", "burn" , and soreness are not reliable indicators of a good workout, nor is the absence of such reliable indication of a bad workout - no matter what the plastic bimbos on Bodyshaping chirp.

Never rely on how a lift "feels". All that matters are results - are you or are you not progressing toward one or more of your goals? If your goal is strength, are you getting stronger? If your goal is size, are you getting bigger? If your goal is cutting fat, are you getting leaner?
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As Milo said, pump doesn't mean much in terms of growth. But "feel" to a degree is important IMO. Not so much that you think to yourself the exercise felt good or not, but more towards if you "feel" it in the area you're working. If I'm squating I sure don't want to feel like I'm working mainly my back. Feel can be a good indicator of how your form is.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Realtest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Realtest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Getting bigger and more Muscular is what im looking for without putting fat on.Im 6'1 220-225 lbs in descent shape but a 39 inch waist.If i had to do the most demanding work outs I would do them because I am planning on a Boxing career and I have to do something quick to change my schedule or way of working out.

Originally posted by MiloMan
    "Pump", "burn" , and soreness are not reliable indicators of a good workout, nor is the absence of such reliable indication of a bad workout - no matter what the plastic bimbos on Bodyshaping chirp.

Never rely on how a lift "feels". All that matters are results - are you or are you not progressing toward one or more of your goals? If your goal is strength, are you getting stronger? If your goal is size, are you getting bigger? If your goal is cutting fat, are you getting leaner?
    Im pretty stong with a Bench of around 325 but I have neglected my legs over the years and very far behind on them.One thing is that over the past 4 years since I hit 30 yrs old I have had trouble with cutting fat.I got up to 265lbs and even at a tall 6'1 I looked like a Gorrilla and it was not all muscle.My waist got to about 48-49 inches.I didn't look good or feel good and I noticed girls looked the other way.Im about 220 lbs now with a 39 inch waist.Im not sure if i should lose 15lbs to get rid of my waist or do cardio because losing weight makes me weaker.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not very.

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Overload
    As Milo said, pump doesn't mean much in terms of growth. But "feel" to a degree is important IMO. Not so much that you think to yourself the exercise felt good or not, but more towards if you "feel" it in the area you're working. If I'm squating I sure don't want to feel like I'm working mainly my back. Feel can be a good indicator of how your form is.
    I agree. You shouldn't be training exclusively for the pump.
    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.