neghsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight Loss / Weight Lifting

I am currently doing a 5 day a week weight lifting schedule, aswell as a high protein moderate to low carb diet. The way it's looking today i'm headed for about 35 - 40 Carbs, 1400 - 1600 Calories, and 160 - 200 grams of protein.

I weigh 205lbs and according to the online calculators I found, my resting metabolism rate should burn around 2400 calories a day without any exercise.

These numbers sound about right? Am I cutting it too close on the calories? 2lb of fat a week is my goal, so I need to burn off 1000 calories a day. Am I cutting it too close on the calories? at this rate I will be burning around 1300 - 1500 calories a day after exercise. My body isn't going to eat up some muscle for energy is it?

Oh yeah I am eating every 2 hours, 5 times a day. 1:00, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, and 9:00 (right after weight lifting) *I get alot of sleep atm*
    Determined...

shameless bump ^
    Determined...

Diabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your calories are too low and youre trying to lose fat a little quickly. I would create a calorie defiency of no more than 500 cal

2lb per week is the upper limit and youl lose less muscle at 1lb per week

Bodyfat % and the mirror are more important than the scale

your carbs are too low to maintain at that level and your protein should go up by a good 50 g

also 50-70 grams of Quality fat per day (efa's seeds' nuts) and 3 cups of fibrous veges per day

post up your full diet (with nutrient data) and measurements
    Last edited by Diabolic; 08-04-2004 at 06:05 PM.

I lost 130lbs over the course of a year turning me from 330lb obese bastard to 206lb obese bastard. I've got another 30lbs of fat or so to lose and I want it gone. There was some health study that said safely you can lose 2lb per week tops, so that's what i'm shooting for. I am getting alot of food just not alot of calories. For instance today I had:

1:00 Shake (180 Calories, 2 Carbs 20 Protein) - Bar (190 Calories, 3 Carbs, 18 Protein)
    3:00 Chickn (100 calories, 26 Protein), Cauliflower (200 Calories, 14 Protein, 8 Carbs), Noodles (100 Cal, 3 Carb, 5 Protein)
    5:00 Whey Shake (240 Calories, 15 Carbs, 50 Protein)
    7:00 Chicken (300 Calories, 60g Protein), Candy Bar (140 Calories, 6g protein, 2 carbs)
    9:00 Shake (180 Calories, 2 Carbs, 20 Protein)

The Shakes are slimfast high protein low carb shakes. The way I lost all that weight was low carb and I don't want to stop now. So I figure keep the carbs under 50. I don't hardly get ANY exercise during the day except for weight lifting / cardio 5 nights a week for an hour and a half. So I figure I burn maybe 300-350 calories tops. Saturdays and sundays i burn 100calories or so from cardio.

My goal is to have 30lbs of fat lost in 4 - 5 months.

By the way the candy bars and bars above are all high protein / low carb nutritional bars (hence the low carb count). Also the noodles are low carb noodles...
    Determined...

ended up with 1820 calories and 237 grams of protein today. Aswell as about 50 carbs. I think I could use to lower the calories a bit (leaving out one of the less protein filled candy bars, and the noodles) whatya think? Anyone else have an opinion? Anyone else done low carb / high protein for weight loss?
    Determined...

yassedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looss Weight without painful excercies or surgery

Loss weight,presentation will teach you a somewhat unusual weight loss strategy”.
    unusual weight loss strategy that can help you get a flatter belly in under 7 days, while still enjoying the foods you love.Read More
    healthcare-safety.e-sourcesleads2income.net/