Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tired all the time

Ok, I get 8-10 hours of sleep every night, but I am always tired throughout the entire day, other than right when I wake up. I workout 3 days a week, Mon. Wed. Fri. and sometimes twice a day if we lift in PE, but if we do lift in PE I do different exercises for different muscles, I don't over train or anything. I have no idea why I am always so tired, but it pisses me off. I posted my diet for you all to look at, and I would love to have some feedback as to why I am always tired.

6:00AM-breakfast
    -4 whole eggs
    -1cup kashi go lean crunch cereal w/ 1/2 cup milk
    -1cup coffee
    -orange
    -multivitamin
    7:00AM-workout

8:10AM-end of workout
    1 scoop whey protein (2 if I only workout once that day)

11:30AM-lunch
    Homemade shake
    -1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    -1/2cup 2% reduced fat milk
    -1cup lowfat 2%milkfat cottage cheese
    -1 raw banana
    -1scoop whey protein
    -1cup quaker oats

12:20-workout

1:30PM-end of workout
    -1scoop whey protein (taken at 8:10 if I dont lift in PE)

3:30PM
    -broccoli + ranch dressing (or/and) sardines
    -1scoop whey protein

5:00PM
    -salad or something small

6:30PM-7:00PM
    -mom's dinner
    -something like lasagna, alfraydo, bratwurst, fish sticks, ribs, pork, chicken, steak, etc.

8:00PM-9:30PM
    -1cup cottage cheese + a little applesauce for flavor

Workout Schedule

Morning
    -Deadlift 3x5
    -Squat 3x5
    -Flat Bench 3x5
    -Incline Bench 3x5
    -Decline Bench 3x5
    -Power Cleans 3x6
    *then if there is time left I usually do barbell curls (3x5)

Afternoon (usually only 2 of my 3 workout days a week)
    -Top Lat Pulls 3x8
    -Bottom Lat Pulls 3x6
    -Chest Flies 3x8
    -Forearm Curls 3x5
    -Upright Rows 3x5

The reason I workout twice a day sometimes, is because in the morning the gym isn't open enough long enough for me to do the things I do in the afternoon plus the things I do in the morning. However, once school is out I will be doing my morning routine and afternoon routine together.

Btw, I drink a ton of water throughout the day as well.
    Last edited by tremors; 05-12-2007 at 11:36 AM.

BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50) BulkingBrit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    only thing i can think of is overtraining.

whats your workout look like?

Yellowcreampiemaxxer Hartley110's Avatar
    Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cut out the coffee...it does more harm then good. (mostly if you take it with sugar though)
    Stimulants make you use a lot of your energy up at once then leaves you bogged out.

tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10) tremors is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hartley110 View Post
    Cut out the coffee...it does more harm then good. (mostly if you take it with sugar though)
    Stimulants make you use a lot of your energy up at once then leaves you bogged out.
    Well I actually did cut out the coffee for a while, and nothing changed, so I just started drinking it again because I am always so tired and I thought it would help... However, I only put a little bit of milk in my coffee, no sugar.

Ill add my workout schedule

Super Saiyan of Legend eeSH_davey's Avatar
    eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50) eeSH_davey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd suggest, if you haven't already, begin taking a multivitamin and some BCAA's (like Arginine or Glutamine). I had a similar problem and they helped greatly.
    Franco Columbu - Favorite bodybuilder of all-time

"Desire is irrelevant. I am...a machine."

Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vicom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, you need to start eating. I wouldn't be surprised if you're tired because of the fact that you're not eating enough.

SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000) SwoleCat33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    As said above maybe try taking a multivitimain, one that is especially for enegry like One A Day, Active. This seems to have given me more energy.

Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartley110 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can also have people slap you across the face really hard throughout the day.

jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You're not eating any carbs in your post workout shakes!

You can't just take protein - you need to replenish your gylcogen stores. I sure wouldn't be suprised if that's why you're tired all the time.
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"

Originally Posted by jreynolds_4 View Post
    You're not eating any carbs in your post workout shakes!

You can't just take protein - you need to replenish your gylcogen stores. I sure wouldn't be suprised if that's why you're tired all the time.
    would a protein bar with 15g of carbs be enough? Because I barely have the time at school to drink the protein shake. Sometimes I have to ask to go to the bathroom, and drink it in there.

But I am also tired on the weekends, and I don't lift at all on the weekends.

oh, and I do take a multivitamin I just added that to my meal schedule

Originally Posted by tremors View Post
    would a protein bar with 15g of carbs be enough? Because I barely have the time at school to drink the protein shake. Sometimes I have to ask to go to the bathroom, and drink it in there.
    For me I have 95gcarbs after workout LOL
    6pm Post-work out
    710calories 59gprotein 10gfat 95gcarbs
    2 scoop on whey 240cals 2gfat 6gcarbs 48gprotein
    1 large banana 120calories 1gprotein 30gcarbs
    1 large apple 110calories 29gcarbs 1gprotein
    1/2 cup oats calories 150 protein5 27carbs
    1 tbsp natural pb 90cals 8gfat 3gcarbs 4gprotein

jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you have to use a protein bar because of school I'd get one of those meal replacement bars.
    Met-Rx has a big 100 gram bar or something. I'm sure there's other brands. Get one of them with like 50 grams of carbs and 30 grams of protein.

I don't think 15 grams of carbs after a workout is enough, no.
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely looks a low on complex carbs to me, you need them throughout the day especially with your strength-range workouts. Brown rice, oats, and beans of any kind are my staples.

You should look into cardio as well- both HIIT and steady state. My energy went through the roof once Track season started, the difference in the morning is amazing.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Originally Posted by 101CavGrunt View Post
    Definitely looks a low on complex carbs to me, you need them throughout the day especially with your strength-range workouts. Brown rice, oats, and beans of any kind are my staples.

You should look into cardio as well- both HIIT and steady state. My energy went through the roof once Track season started, the difference in the morning is amazing.
    Track season just got over a week ago actually.

strive to be the biggest KPHammer's Avatar
    KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KPHammer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=25691

alot of people have this problem. the article above is pretty good though.
    *OTHS 1000 lb. club member*

"Strength is the product of struggle and pain"

"We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It's not about denying a weakness may exist, but about denying its right to persist."

-currently bulking-

Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100)
    puberty, youre still growing. thats why. seriously...its puberty. you sleep alot more and are more tired..
    Hey, because it's you!

-Dedication takes no vacation!-

"Man who gets stuck in pantry, has his ass in jam."
    -Paul Sangenito

~Texas Is The Home Of The Players And Pimps~

Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

"A physical exam can point up large tonsils or other causes of sleep apnea. "
    My tonsils are HUGE

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Track season just got over a week ago actually.
    And what's your cardio routine look like?

I've still got another couple of weeks to go here. Sleep apnea is a bitch too- my dad has it. Do people say you snore a lot?
    Last edited by 101CavGrunt; 05-12-2007 at 01:33 PM.

ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10) ksc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You may have a thyroid condition, please consult your physician. The following information is what I have learned and is linked to what I have researched using google. You may have a low functioning thyroids glands. The thyroid is located in your neck and releases the thyroid hormone, hormone which is responsible for energy,fat loss, and the immune system. Your doctor may perscribe you some thyroid hormone increasers which you should take in the morning. For you this could be a good thing as a thyroid hormone increase is considered a weight loss supplement. I don't know depends on your goals. Hope this helps and sorry for the lengthy post.

Edit: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/goalthyroid.html

Examples of what the effects may be of the medicine you get perscribed.
    Haven't worked out in...9 months, **** vacation

And what's your cardio routine look like?

I've still got another couple of weeks to go here. Sleep apnea is a bitch too- my dad has it. Do people say you snore a lot?
    Yeah, I wake my friends up snoring sometimes when I sleep over.

But for my cardio, I havent done any since track, but I will start HIIT soon.

Edit: I still felt the same during track, even though I was running 5miles+ a day.
    Last edited by tremors; 05-12-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Yeah, I wake my friends up snoring sometimes when I sleep over.
    Sounds like my dad (haha, pun... not...). He'd go to sleep at 9ish, wake up at 6 and take an hour long nap around 6 and still be dead all day. Turned out he had an EXTREME case of sleep apnea (check the Wiki article). When he went to the sleep clinic, they told him he stopped breathing about 70 times an hour.

He has to wear a breathing mask while he sleeps, but he's the exception. Sounds to me like something worth going to the doc for.

PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000)
    low on carbs, overtraining, result of low testosterone from overtraining
    stay off from gym for a week, and start again, with solid routine instead of training two times a day. bad idea

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Could be anemia - an iron deficiency.

I had that, and I was the same way - really tired alll day.

I started taking Centrum Multivitamin, and I now am cured of constant fatigue.
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000) Z06 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Vicom View Post
    Wow, you need to start eating. I wouldn't be surprised if you're tired because of the fact that you're not eating enough.
    Lol, are you kidding me?
    -- Traditional Wet Shaving Crew --
    -- Cold Shower Crew --

Goals:
    May _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Aug
    18 - . . . . . . . . . . . 64

Originally Posted by PumpingSteel View Post
    low on carbs, overtraining, result of low testosterone from overtraining
    stay off from gym for a week, and start again, with solid routine instead of training two times a day. bad idea
    How am I over training if I work different muscles at different parts of the day?

How am I over training if I work different muscles at different parts of the day?
    Man does have a point. Overtraining is working your muscles out with enough intensity that they can't fully recover between workouts.

You're squatting, deadlifting, power cleaning, and doing all 3 bench variations in one workout 3 times a week. There's a good chance that your core in general + shoulders are overtrained. Look at Rippetoe's for an example of training intensity. You might want to look into a split program.

Man does have a point. Overtraining is working your muscles out with enough intensity that they can't fully recover between workouts.

You're squatting, deadlifting, power cleaning, and doing all 3 bench variations in one workout 3 times a week. There's a good chance that your core in general + shoulders are overtrained. Look at Rippetoe's for an example of training intensity. You might want to look into a split program.
    I searched "rippetoes" on the main site, and nothing came up

trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well i know nothing about how you should set the balls up. i just think if he has the right equipment (enough holder things), he should set them all up however he wants so he can just do 10 or so kicks within a minute or two.

u mean stagger them distance-wise? that's a good idea too. maybe do a couple from 40, then do most of em from 45 to show consistency, maybe 2 from 50 and 1 from 55 if you can. i dunno.

Red face

Originally Posted by trojannation View Post
    well i know nothing about how you should set the balls up. i just think if he has the right equipment (enough holder things), he should set them all up however he wants so he can just do 10 or so kicks within a minute or two.

u mean stagger them distance-wise? that's a good idea too. maybe do a couple from 40, then do most of em from 45 to show consistency, maybe 2 from 50 and 1 from 55 if you can. i dunno.
    What are you talking about?