WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50)

what is the difference between deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts and romanian deadlifts?

They all seem to look the same to me, and they all feel just about the same to me. Please correct my misjudgement on this exercise.
    Willie
    h2o6

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    deadlifts are normal deadlifts, stiff-legged are as tey say, you keep your legs stiff, switches emphasis alot more to the hamstrings and unless your real flexible you wont get back to the ground each rep, and romanian i cant remmeber what they are

WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50) WillieInc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh ok, so basically, deadlifts I keep my knees bent, and stiff leg I'd not bend my knees? Well, it looks like I've been doing stiff leg deadlifts all this time LOL.
    Thanks
    Willie
    h2o6

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool

lol no prob, i started the same way

and for other variations there are Bavarian deadlifts, where you stand on a stepper or box and DL from the floor tohave an extended ROM, helps your strength off the floor...or 18" deadlifts where you DL with the bar set on 18" pins in the rack to work the upper half

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: what is the difference between deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts and romanian deadlifts?

Originally posted by WillieInc
    They all seem to look the same to me, and they all feel just about the same to me. Please correct my misjudgement on this exercise.
    Look them up here:

http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/home.htm
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Re: Re: what is the difference between deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts and romanian deadlifts?

Originally posted by MiloMan
    Look them up here:

http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/home.htm
    uh oh....I don't bend my knees at all! I thought the point to deadlifts was to stretch out the hamstings. In those pictures, I notice the grip in the SLDL, the guy's ands are front and backwards. This is new to me. God do I have so much to learn!!!!

Bring it on!
    Willie
    h2o6

Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WillieInc
    uh oh....I don't bend my knees at all! I thought the point to deadlifts was to stretch out the hamstings. In those pictures, I notice the grip in the SLDL, the guy's ands are front and backwards. This is new to me. God do I have so much to learn!!!!

Bring it on!

That's known as a power grip so you can get more leverage on such exercises as deads, shrugs etc. As for SLDL's, I'd suggest leaving a slight bend in your knees, locking out on any exercise isn't a good idea unless you're maxing. It puts unnecessary stress on the joints and takes it off the muscles. The same goes for standing calf raises, you also get better leverage to work the muscle group you're hitting. Hope this helps bro.
    Hai guise.

BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigpoppaproppy
    romanian i cant remmeber what they are
    Also nicknamed Keystone Deadlifts by Fred (Dr Squat) Hatfield.

The key to these is to rotate the hip gurdle forwards, This prestretches the hamstrings. You shouldn't be able to do anywhere near as much ROM as with a SLDL if you do these properly.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WillieInc
    oh ok, so basically, deadlifts I keep my knees bent, and stiff leg I'd not bend my knees? Well, it looks like I've been doing stiff leg deadlifts all this time LOL.
    Thanks
    no you don't KEEP your knees bent
    you start with them bent but they wind up straight

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You also keep your legs slightly bent even with stiff legs.

Bingogym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Trappy
    That's known as a power grip so you can get more leverage on such exercises as deads, shrugs etc. As for SLDL's, I'd suggest leaving a slight bend in your knees, locking out on any exercise isn't a good idea unless you're maxing. It puts unnecessary stress on the joints and takes it off the muscles. The same goes for standing calf raises, you also get better leverage to work the muscle group you're hitting. Hope this helps bro.
    If you lock our on the excercises you max yourself out on, wouldn't that be WORSE, then if you do them with working set weights? I mean, it will put more stress. And when it comes to SLDL, I think it is probably the only exercise in which locking out really is the proper form, although there are alot of things contradicting it. I always keep my knees locked though.