ryan_killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question for "A-rod" or anyone with a good vertical jump

A-rod:

I noticed you have a 36 inch vert. Did your vert improved from your weight training, or did you always have it? Any info. on your vert would be appreciated. If anyone else, has a good vert., was it from your training?
    No fate but what we make-Terminator 3

Lighter and stronger eazy2juice's Avatar
    eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eazy2juice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    just PM A-rod
    I'm back

What are you going to do about it?

AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AmonRA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd like to know too. Disclose the secret of a good vertical plz
    "The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

My Stats:
    Height 6'1
    Weight 171lbs
    Kuwait

ARMY Strong!

cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    being a good athlete got me there
    It doesnt matter how big, how cut, or how much you can lift, because there will always be someone bigger, more cut, or stronger than you. You should train to be the best you genetically can be. This is what should motivate you everyday.

highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most people don't realize how much affect on your vertical your abs have. I increased my vertical from 20 to 30 inches in 8 weeks training my abs.
    "The biggest risk in life is not taking one"

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. " - John Wooden

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"

big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) big_baller has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm sorry but that is complete bs.

10 inches on your vertical jump in 8 weeks alone is bull crap as well as saying you just worked your abs.

Look out for my journal in 3 weeks to watch me go from a 70 cm standing vertical to 85cm in a year.

RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RACKITUP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I got/had a 36" vert, (sprinter for my county) so i did lots of speed training, weight training, and PLYOMETRICS!! Do death jumps, (off of a block) and explode up as high and quick as u can. As for weights, i did explosive strength training in the off season, and then dynamic speed training during the season, doing weights will increase your power, and will increase vert to a degree, i cant say how much tho. I accredit plyometrics to the majority of my vert improvement

RKP
    RACKITUP's Training logg, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=464176

<--Sea here?

NEWSFLASH
    **Fat guys eat too many carbs
    Muscley guys eat alot of protein
    Skinny guys argue that you dont need protein**

DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DB15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Deadlifts are key
    Athletes.com

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Basically i was born for jumping , my elementary school coach send a letter to my mon saying i was destined to be a great athlete and **** , the weight training did help but not bodybuilding style of weight training ALWAYS EXPLODE THE WEIGHT UP , focus on cleans and snatches in the weight room { but make sure you train your whole body : squats , deads , benches , rows , power curls , jump squats and etc ( freeweights own machines ) }.
    Plyometric exercises and sprints are also key .......
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

Rsottoway43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Olympic lifts, plyometrics, isometrics, heavy lifts, squats, deads, cleans, bench, training your ass off, eating right, sleeping much. Bout all you can do to alter your vertical...you can do jump shoes and what not, i did jumpsoles and gained about 6 inches but havent used them but once.

Just train with heavy weights doing olympic lifts or compound movements, get the proper rest and nutrition and see what happens for you...also stretching is a big key, so make sure you stretch....A LOT!!

Ryan

nateakabear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    parallel squatting and hammering my calves made my vert go up 6 inches in 3 months. I had never really trained calves much before that though.

logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500) logester is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think its funny how you guys have 5 less in vertical than michael jordan.
    Last edited by logester; 03-03-2004 at 06:06 PM.
    Age = 23
    Weight = 189 (Attempting to cut but too much fast food ^^ will figure it out soon)
    ARMS : 16.25+

If you ain't a creep msg me for fb.

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by logester
    i think its funny how you goes have 5 less in vertical than michael jordan.
    I cant belive it , i think he jumped well more than that by watching his thing , extremely impressive
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

AND DONT BULK UP , FAT WILL SLOW YOU DONW
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) glk19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dude your that big and still run a 4.7 40 with a 36" vertical? thats unheard of. how much do you weigh and how tall are you?

by the way, im not doubting you or calling you out, im just amazed by it.

Originally posted by shibby6615
    dude your that big and still run a 4.7 40 with a 36" vertical? thats unheard of. how much do you weigh and how tall are you?

by the way, im not doubting you or calling you out, im just amazed by it.

I `m not that big at 205 lbs 5 '11 , BTW it doesnt look as if you are calling me out or anything dude ..........
    5'11 @ 220lbs.