Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast Implants

lesley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Breast Implants

I'm sorry if I offend anyone here but why on earth do some of you ladies get breast implants? I think they look very silly on the cut figure for the comps (looks like two flat balloons beneath the bikini top). You go to the gym and pump up them pecs only to hide them behind implants. I mean Nicky Warner looks gorgeous on her photo but look at the perfect circular outline on her right boob? Sorry but I think its pathetic!

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I think it is a matter of each to their own....

I think some women's implants look very natural and if it wasn't for the fact that there body fat was so low, the htought of them being implants wouldn't have occurred to you.

You obviously don't have small breasts yourself. Even when I was at my "biggest" which was 135lbs at 5"6, I barely filled a 34B. Now I have lost body fat and gained muscle in the chest, I am lucky to fit into a 32A. And my body fat is still nearly 20% - I cannot imagine what will happen when I go lower. Most of the time i am ok with it, but sometimes it makes me feel a little unfeminine and I have trouble fitting into certain clothes because I am so small....

Some women's implants are hugely out of proportion with their body and i admit they look a little silly. But if you go to a good, reputable surgeon and can afford it, why not?

wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think the only time they look "out of sorts" is on the competition stage--otherwise, if it makes you feel better about yourself, then go for it--as susggested, sometimes they can look too big and I think in the minds of some women who get them they are overcompensating for what they think they lack--I, too, as a male, have body issues and am told all the time I have a great body but when I look in the mirror I do not see it oir I only see the flaws...therefore, I understand why a woman with an A cup suddenly gets D implants--she is filling a need that she has and overcompensates because no matter how big she gets them she will likely "feel" like an "A" cup still when she sees herself--at least that is how I sometimes view it myself, since I was a fat kid and even though I am in shape now I see myself as "fat" sometimes in the mirror so it motivates me to work that much harder in the gym--hope I made some sense here--Douglas
    Religion has certain ideas at the heart of which we call sacred. Meaning, Here is an idea that you?re not allowed to say anything bad about; you're just not. Why not? because you're not!? If somebody votes for a party you don't agree with, you're free to argue about it as much as you like; everybody will have an argument but nobody feels aggrieved by it. But on the other hand if somebody says 'I must not move a light switch on a Saturday', you say, 'I respect that'.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it's probubly nto for when on stage it's probubly for walking around in the 'off season'

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm with Lou. I always wonder why people have such strong opinions about whether or not someone gets breast implants. There was a woman at my old gym (who was a size D -- had kids & they ended up much smaller & somewhat saggy) that would get so mad about women having implants. I would say someone had a nice figure & she would say "They bought it! They're fake!" I just felt like she was jealous of these women and was awfully tacky. It's their body -- they should be able to do what they want with it & most times, if it's not overdone sizewise, it provides proportion that they weren't naturally given and looks perfectly natural.

To a woman, not having breasts or having very small breasts may effect how they feel about themselves sexually since breasts are looked at as sexual by the opposite sex. I'm not saying this is always so, but if it makes someone feel that way, they should certainly be able to do something about it without negative connotations.

Some people are just anti-plastic surgery, I think. However, if they are they should just not get any. I had a rhinoplasty (nose job) in my early 20s and have yet to regret it. I absolutely hated the arch in the bridge of my nose & it did help me to feel more confident about my profile, pulling my hair up, etc. I look back at pics now and think "Yikes! Glad I had that done!"
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not as negative as I used to be about implants. I do think many go overboard on the size, which on a fit woman look pretty bad. Why not a B, or C? It's not like it will shrink further than that.

If I were a woman, I would want visible breasts too.
    Last edited by MDC; 12-08-2003 at 12:15 PM.

FitMandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i feel the same way about breast implants that i do about all plastic surgery- if there is something about yourself that makes you feel absolutely horrible and insecure all the time, and you would be a happier person if you got surgery because you would relax about whatever it is that bothers you, then go for it.

but some people get breast implants because they feel like they "have to" for fitness and/or bodybuilding, and i think that is sad. it is sad that the judges reward the women for their implants, but even worse that these women let it affect their lives in such a major way, and for what, a trophy?
    *** look at jenny hendershott!! at the 2002 fitness olympia, i would be almost certain in saying that she was the only one onstage without implants, and she placed in the top five! you go girl

if there are any competitors out there, let me say this: i am not criticizing you, and i stand by my original statement, if you got surgery to feel better about yourself, then there is nothing wrong with that. i just feel sorry for ppl who feel like they have to get them to be able to compete.

SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Breast Implants

Originally posted by lesley
    I'm sorry if I offend anyone here but why on earth do some of you ladies get breast implants? I think they look very silly on the cut figure for the comps (looks like two flat balloons beneath the bikini top). You go to the gym and pump up them pecs only to hide them behind implants. I mean Nicky Warner looks gorgeous on her photo but look at the perfect circular outline on her right boob? Sorry but I think its pathetic!
    this has got to be one of the stupidest post i have seen on here!

after i lost wieght i had none now i have implants that are perfectly proportioned to my body

only BAD SURGEONS make "falt balloons"

"hide behind implants"!!! hello breast are part of the female body i dont want just pecs

usaully someone this against implants and so angry about them is flat and can't afford to get their own

wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if women get breast implants should men get penis implants?
    Religion has certain ideas at the heart of which we call sacred. Meaning, Here is an idea that you?re not allowed to say anything bad about; you're just not. Why not? because you're not!? If somebody votes for a party you don't agree with, you're free to argue about it as much as you like; everybody will have an argument but nobody feels aggrieved by it. But on the other hand if somebody says 'I must not move a light switch on a Saturday', you say, 'I respect that'.

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL -- some men do.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperBBGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by wantmoresize
    if women get breast implants should men get penis implants?
    another stupid comment

breasts cannot be made in the gym
    they make the physique balance out

think about a cometitive body builder with skinny arms say 13 inches it doesnt' look right-lame thought but getting implants is to have a balanced physique just like llifting weights

i work on my physique for how i want to look yr round not for the one or 2 days a yr i compete

i am a 34DD with my implant i am 10% in this pic and they are not to big i certainly think i look better with them then flat

http://www.feminin************/phpBB2...st0045crop.jpg

lesley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ""hide behind implants"!!! hello breast are part of the female body i dont want just pecs"

Yes breasts are a part of the body but implants are not! Pecs are a part of the body and you can build them with training to the size you want them to be.

I agree if anyone has a physcological problem with their boobs that they have an op or if they suffer health probs (eg sore back due to size of boobs). I certainly think for vanity and competing they are not necessary. In many cases I think that an op to help 'uplift' the breast is better than an implant once a woman gets older and they sag....

For those who have commented about me being jealous and whatever, I have a 'B' cup which is a perfect size for me as I am only 1.5m short!! yes, they shrivel when I compete but I know they'll be back out of season. I can also afford the op but I have better things to spend my money on!

Yes I do agree that there is freedom of choice and it is up to the individual at the end of the day what they do with their body. My post was merely to state my opinion on implants.

""hide behind implants"!!! hello breast are part of the female body i dont want just pecs"

Yes breasts are a part of the body but implants are not! Pecs are a part of the body and you can build them with training to the size you want them to be.
    oh ya that is sexy some pecs in a bikini! <rolls eyes>

i am also short and mine fit me just right

if you are happy with your B cup then thats great but no need to call other pathetic

lookign good SUPERBB--I think if someone (men nd women alike) have the $ and want to do something THEY feel they want/need then they should do it-life is too short

lookign good SUPERBB--I think if someone (men nd women alike) have the $ and want to do something THEY feel they want/need then they should do it-life is too short
    thanks!

i agree

SUPERBB any more pics--you look damn good and you should show it off WOWSERS!!!

thanks!

i have several pics in the over 35 section http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=147175

sabreman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree.

As for the implants. If you want 'em, get 'em. If not, don't. But, just because you don't have them, don't judge those that do. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

SuperBB your photo is gorgeous (sorry didn't see it before), I love the attachment on your arm too LOL!! is that a real man!???? LOL

Your body looks great but I can still tell you have implants! I (personally) think they are too large for you...sorry I don't mean to offend, as long as you are happy then that is the main thing but you have such a tiny frame with beautiful muscles and then ......THOSE!!

You rolled your eyes at 'pecs in a bikini', well why the hell do we go to the gym and then think about pecs in a bikini...are we not trying to build up the muscles? Bodybuilding is about building a body not sticking things in it.

sabreman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are a lot of men that happen to like "THOSE." Fake or not, she is attractive.

SuperBB your photo is gorgeous (sorry didn't see it before), I love the attachment on your arm too LOL!! is that a real man!???? LOL

Your body looks great but I can still tell you have implants! I (personally) think they are too large for you...sorry I don't mean to offend, as long as you are happy then that is the main thing but you have such a tiny frame with beautiful muscles and then ......THOSE!!

You rolled your eyes at 'pecs in a bikini', well why the hell do we go to the gym and then think about pecs in a bikini...are we not trying to build up the muscles? Bodybuilding is about building a body not sticking things in it.
    i think they fit me just fine

we want to build muscle but still be feminine
    when i wear i dress i want to look like a female that is breasts not pecs

Jay looked great in that pic and his arms are as big as my head LOL

bigsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I agree with you Lesley, SuperBBgirls implants are way too big. I think it is ok to get implants but not to the extent that it is obvious they are fake.

I met him at a bodybuilding show. He's about the size of my subzero refrigerator! LOL He's a big dude. Nice pic, SuperBBGirl.

Lesley, I laughed at the "pecs" remark also. I don't mind having a nice line of definition but I would not want that to be the only thing there when I'm wearing a bikini or a low cut gown. I'm not really looking for the "you have great pecs" remark. Although, I have heard that one -- but I don't think they were referring to my chest muscles. LOL

Thanks for the reply all, I was getting worried that this was going to turn into an argument.....far from what I intended.

I understand about you wanting to look nice in a dress but in this day and age there are bras that are filled with gel/air that can be pumped up, which can give a feminine look when dressed. I obviously do not know when you had your done but there would not be a 'need' for it nowadays.

I suppose I am quite fortunate with mine that although they are not massive and when I am close to contest they disappear slightly, they remain in proportion to my weight and soon reappear when I eat again!! LOl

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just to add a comment. The genetics gods saw fit to give me a so-so body with perfect breasts. At least I think they're perfect-- a 34C and just the right shape. I'm at about 20% bodyfat right now and they haven't changed much since I started working out at 25%, but my goal is to get down to about 16-17%. I love my breasts and I'm not giving them up. . . so, when I reach my bf goal, if my breasts are at all deflated, I WILL be getting implants. But hope that's not necessary.

I'm a 34C also. I don't think 16 to 17% bodyfat will get rid of much, if any, of your breasts.

i not only wnat to look nice in dress and bikini but when naked

so gel bra ok but implants not shrug

after working to lose 70 pounds and getting a body i wnated i had one thing left to do implants saggy loose skin gross

and any size real boob gets saggy even A cups

so i will take my perky DDs

i don't let my body fat get up enough to get boobs i would want i stay at 16-18% and they would be saggy anyway

noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hmmm... I'll just add a little useless comment here... I basically have non-existant breasts, and it's not because of low bf, but really because, well, genetically I was not well endowed in that area. Although it's a REAL pain in the ass when I comes to clothing not fitting "right" and occasionally I do feel quite self-conscious, I realized this stemmed from external world perceptions, etc and not my own internal thoughts. I frankly couldn't care less what size my boobs are, and I thought, "well, I'll be damned if I'm going to let society make me ashamed of my chest size... especially enough so to take action with surgery!" That being said, I completely respect the decision of other women to have breast implants if it will improve their life, make them feel better... whatever. But personally I would much rather reconcile with my small breasts than get new ones. To some extent I feel like that would be giving in, like saying, "you're right, mine weren't good enough" - and I've already had enough necessary, medical surgery as it is

society did not make me decide to get implants
    i got them becuase that is what i like

if i went by society i wouldnt' have any muscles cuz most men dont like them they like skinny scrawy shapeless girls

why is getting implants any differfent then losing weight and working out hard becuase YOU want to look a certain way

i work my ass off in the gym for no one but myself

noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noho has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    oh no, I wasn't saying you did... but I was saying if I got them, then society would be my reason... which is exactly why I shouldn't get them; as I said, I completely respect anyone else's decisions.

And I think people usually interpret losing weight/gaining muscle as different from breast implants because of the surgical factor; one is interpreted as natural, the other unnatural.

Alas, so much is subjective.