Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)

Best way to spread Protein intake throughout the day(Protein mix and Food)..?

What's the best way to sread my protein intake thtroughout the day, protein from both supplements and food. Right now I take in about 100g's of protein from 100% Whey supp, and around 60g's from meat and PB. What times should I spread them out.... Like in the morning evening and night... both workout and recovery days.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Who? View Post
    What's the best way to sread my protein intake thtroughout the day, protein from both supplements and food. Right now I take in about 100g's of protein from 100% Whey supp, and around 60g's from meat and PB. What times should I spread them out.... Like in the morning evening and night... both workout and recovery days.
    You could try alternating:

Solid food meal
    Whey Shake
    Solid food meal
    Whey Shake
    Solid food meal
    Whey Shake
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50) aceproceed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really don't think it makes that much of a difference. Obviously try to not eat it all at once so your amino acid levels stay higher at a steady level. But unless you're preparing for some bodybuilding contest I don't think there's any need to be really precise in your timing of various nutrients.

I don't really keep track of my protein consumption through food in the sense of timing when I eat it. But with shakes I just usually have one with breakfast, one when I get home from school, one mid-evening, and one before I go to bed.

If you take special types of protein, your best bet is to take whey near workouts or in the morning and blends or casein, slower digesting proteins throughout the day and especially prior to bed.

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you might have better luck in the nutrition section. However, i reccommend finding your bodyweight in pounds, "timesing(X) that by 1.3, then divide that by however many meals you have per day. This will give you the amount of protein per meal. I also recommend eating a protein meal every 2.5 hours.
    Solitude is a hard-one ally, faithful and patient; yeah, i think i know you.....

Thanks go to Thickmass for the festive avatar!

Thanks go to Carmen for the idea of thanking Thickmass in my sig!

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Usually when I take my protein supp I take 2 servings(46g's) at a time, I take it twice a day. Should I take the 2 servings at once twice a day, or 4 one servings? Or does it even matter?

collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collopy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see some guys like to have oats added to their shakes...what is the benefit of this to add those carbs? Is that more to fill you up as a meal replacement?
    Also, how thick does it make your shake, I would think it would make it too lumpy and thick to drink.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by collopy7 View Post
    I see some guys like to have oats added to their shakes...what is the benefit of this to add those carbs? Is that more to fill you up as a meal replacement?
    Also, how thick does it make your shake, I would think it would make it too lumpy and thick to drink.
    Nutritious, healthy calories
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes, adding oats makes it a more complete meal. If you can find Oat Meal(very fine grounded oats), it is quite easily drinkable. It is however thick...
    Solitude is a hard-one ally, faithful and patient; yeah, i think i know you.....

Usually when I take my protein supp I take 2 servings(46g's) at a time, I take it twice a day. Should I take the 2 servings at once twice a day, or 4 one servings? Or does it even matter?
    i would stick with the two servings at a time... if that is the only protein you will have for that meal... if you are eating tuna etc with it, one serve is plenty. But seirously, it doesn't really matter...

Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000) Decapolis is just really nice. (+1000)
    I find it much easier to add a scoop of protien to my oatmeal. I do this 2-3x a day and love it. Sounds easier/better than adding oats to my shake. Just my pref.
    "Never let weakness convince you that you lack strength" -

Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blast_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do:

Meal 1: Solid
    Meal 2: Solid
    Meal 3: Solid
    Meal 4: Solid
    Meal 5 (preworkout): Shake
    Meal 6 (postworkout): Shake
    Meal 7: Solid
    Meal 8: Shake

Full as hell by meal 3, but I push through.
    High Master League Zerg - Starcraft 2 Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/brotosterone
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/iblast002

"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerS_MMA

Originally Posted by teenage_guru View Post
    yes, adding oats makes it a more complete meal. If you can find Oat Meal(very fine grounded oats), it is quite easily drinkable. It is however thick...
    Do you cook the oats first, or just stick them in there dry and uncooked.