apale1520 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is personal trainer worth it for advanced lifter?

I've been in bodybuilding as a hobby for 6 yrs now and would like to get competitive but not to contest level.
    I'm currently at 180lbs estimate >15 bf% 5'8" and planning to add 20lbs more and lower fat.
    I learned everything from scratch online and feel like I'm hitting a plateau. Although I can probably reach the goal eventually with commitment, mistakes might be made without knowing.
    pretty sure my forms are not the best and some of the muscle groups are not targeted enough. (diet and routine has been the same, plain over the years)
    Did any of the advanced lifters find personal trainer helpful?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you've gotten to 5-8, 180, 15% bf from doing the same plain diet/routine over 6 years, a personal trainer isn't going to add much value if you plan on being 5-8, 200 lbs and close to single digits in bf%. But there are other things that will likely be necessary if not already on the menu.

latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you've gotten to 5-8, 180, 15% bf from doing the same plain diet/routine over 6 years, a personal trainer isn't going to add much value if you plan on being 5-8, 200 lbs and close to single digits in bf%. But there are other things that will likely be necessary if not already on the menu.
    I was about to say Almost the same thing. After 6 years not sure why you would think you need a personal trainer . Id only ever recommend one to a complete noob and or someone who feels they need someone to cheer them on and help motivate them. I personally don't get that but everyone is different.

If you know the exercises and you know proper form for each and you have a solid grasp on nutrition and proper diet then you are good to go.
    "it takes a wise man to know when he is in error and a noble man to admit to it"

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You aren't an advanced lifter if you think you need a personal trainer to help you with your form on lifts you're already supposedly proficient at. It's more likely you're a perpetual novice or early intermediate who has never really had good programming. You might benefit from a personal trainer, but it's just as likely that you'll benefit from running a solid intermediate program, recording yourself, and fixing your form issues on your own.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    You aren't an advanced lifter if you think you need a personal trainer to help you with your form on lifts you're already supposedly proficient at. It's more likely you're a perpetual novice or early intermediate who has never really had good programming. You might benefit from a personal trainer, but it's just as likely that you'll benefit from running a solid intermediate program, recording yourself, and fixing your form issues on your own.
    I'm trying to optimize my diet, forms, workout plan and become competitive.
    there's always room to improve yourself, right?
    I'm thinking a personal trainer (bodybuilding coach/contest coach specifically) may be helpful lead me to that level.
    Last edited by apale1520; 12-27-2023 at 10:22 AM.

Originally Posted by latverian41 View Post
    I was about to say Almost the same thing. After 6 years not sure why you would think you need a personal trainer . Id only ever recommend one to a complete noob and or someone who feels they need someone to cheer them on and help motivate them. I personally don't get that but everyone is different.

If you know the exercises and you know proper form for each and you have a solid grasp on nutrition and proper diet then you are good to go.
    I should specify I'm looking for a bodybuilding coach or a contest coach
    Despite I think that I have moderate experiences and knowledge, for me I find it hard to push myself to competitive
    Last edited by apale1520; 12-27-2023 at 10:36 AM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by apale1520 View Post
    I should specify I'm looking for a bodybuilding coach or a contest coach
    Despite I think that I have moderate experiences and knowledge, for me I find it hard to push myself to competitive
    You said above you're not going to compete, so unless you're looking for access to special vitamins that you don't know how to get reliably otherwise, you probably don't need a bodybuilding coach (which is very different from a personal trainer).

Your described goal physique would dwarf Franco Columbu, so I think you need to be realistic about what beyond coaching you need to get there.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Your described goal physique would dwarf Franco Columbu, .
    I used to lift with Franco's wife's ex husband, Larry. After getting to know him, I can see why they got divorced.
    Funished renal houses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No. 180 lean at that height is about it for a natural lifter.

You said above you're not going to compete, so unless you're looking for access to special vitamins that you don't know how to get reliably otherwise, you probably don't need a bodybuilding coach (which is very different from a personal trainer).

Your described goal physique would dwarf Franco Columbu, so I think you need to be realistic about what beyond coaching you need to get there.
    I'm looking for a more bulky with reasonably low body fat physique which I think is achievable without juice.
    there are a few natty bodybuilders and a natural contest in my area (at least they claim to be and the contestant's physique is believable)
    I might change my mind to contest one day, who knows
    I feel I'm not challenged enough in my current stage and progress is little

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by apale1520 View Post
    I feel I'm not challenged enough in my current stage
    This would be an extremely odd thing to hear from an advanced lifter. If anything, it would be a feeling of being overwhelmed.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16