werto40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How much should I cut? 213 lbs 6'1

Lost around 25 lbs after i bulked a bit much and have been recomping around a month now
    I assume 190-195 is a good goal for me, but hoping i dont have to go below 190 for abs.
    plan on doing a 1000 calorie deficit and starting the cut again in July
    I assume im around 20% currently, but some people say im at 25-30% which sucks pretty hard lol
    attatchments below
    Attached Images

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by werto40 View Post
    Lost around 25 lbs after i bulked a bit much and have been recomping around a month now
    I assume 190-195 is a good goal for me, but hoping i dont have to go below 190 for abs.
    plan on doing a 1000 calorie deficit and starting the cut again in July
    I assume im around 20% currently, but some people say im at 25-30% which sucks pretty hard lol
    attatchments below
    Depends on your goals, but I assume you want to look shredded and aesthetic for the summer.

Eyeballing it, you should plan to cut to 190 lbs.
    You may need to go as low as 180 lbs depending on the progress of your cut and how you lean you want to look.

For reference, we're about the same height, I'm just a little taller than you.
    Last summer I cut down to 182 lbs to get completely shredded:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1663357093

Being under 190 lbs won't mean you look small if you have a decent base and a shredded bf%

Your arms may look a bit smaller, but that's because most people underestimate how much fat they're carrying, especially in the arms.
    Everything else should look better, and some proper carb refeed days at the beach will have you looking swole quickly.

This is about 1 week after the first set of photos having proper carb refeeds and looking significantly more swole despite still being just above 182 lbs.

Once you get that lean, you'll have a long runway for a long lean bulk.

Good luck brother.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I reckon you're in the 20-25% region - when you'll see and depends on your an development and where you store fat. I'm also 6'1 and have to get under 175lb for faint abs (profile pic was 167lb), but you look like you have a bigger frame and more muscle than me.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cut until you like what you see in the mirror.

got it

[QUOTE=Camarija;1684013393]Depends on your goals, but I assume you want to look shredded and aesthetic for the summer.

yeah sounds about right
    you look awesome btw
    for now im gonna recomp cause that's going really well in terms of progress, pretty much like a bulk at this higher bf ofc
    and yes the only reason i wanna get really peeled is so i can bulk for a year, I do jiu jutsu and boxing alongside lifting 2x a week each so i need all the extra calories i can get.

Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    I reckon you're in the 20-25% region - when you'll see and depends on your an development and where you store fat. I'm also 6'1 and have to get under 175lb for faint abs (profile pic was 167lb), but you look like you have a bigger frame and more muscle than me.
    i think i store fat more so in my upper body but im not sure
    i think for me once i get below 195-200 i should look decently lean but wanted second opnions

[QUOTE=werto40;1684046343]
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Depends on your goals, but I assume you want to look shredded and aesthetic for the summer.

yeah sounds about right
    you look awesome btw
    for now im gonna recomp cause that's going really well in terms of progress, pretty much like a bulk at this higher bf ofc
    and yes the only reason i wanna get really peeled is so i can bulk for a year, I do jiu jutsu and boxing alongside lifting 2x a week each so i need all the extra calories i can get.

I mostly want to cut to a ab outline or decent ab visibility.