Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Totally man… you and I have these paradoxical ‘survival’ genetics wherein a deficit triggers this motivational brain response that cascades until it nearly kills us without intervention…

Back in the day, we would have done quite well surviving on almost nothing in the wild… but in this day and age, only hurts us under the right circumstance.

Force feeding is, as you said, conversely miserable… some people get this crazy high from just stuffing themselves whereas, now outside the extreme hunger phase, feels like torture to folks like you and me.
    Exactly. I always think about how strange it is that I'd be so well-suited for subsisting in times of famine, but set up to starve in our modern world of abundance.

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Agreed. Maybe he's a rare example of someone who actually undercounts calories; because it just doesn't seem possible.

But either way, those are some very solid stats!
    Yup. I suspect he's undercounting. Undercounting's more common than the opposite tho. It's actually very common for a lot of the bigger lifters, and bigger people in general, that I know to undercount. It's mostly thinner people that tend to overcount.

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I have a desk job

I weigh 151lb

I maintain on ~3000 calories….

BMR calculators can be off, yea, but in general they UNDERestimate BMR for muscular people
    I also have half a leg. So thats less metabolically active tissue there. I add around 6kg to my weight to estimate my true weight with a full able body. Do you have ADD or ADHD? if so your NEAT would be a lot more than mine. You might do more intense workouts too than me. I do usually just 5x5 strength training. long rests.

I am curious how you can be maintaining a 375lb bench with 2500 calories a day...
    I have been training a long time. in 2018 i benched 170kg with no pause. Since then had a few surgeries and almost died a few times. had rhabdo and lost a lot of muscle. I been training a long time and havent really progressed much over the years if anything.
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Exactly. I always think about how strange it is that I'd be so well-suited for subsisting in times of famine, but set up to starve in our modern world of abundance.

Yup. I suspect he's undercounting. Undercounting's more common than the opposite tho. It's actually very common for a lot of the bigger lifters, and bigger people in general, that I know to undercount. It's mostly thinner people that tend to overcount.
    I think MFP is pretty good at tracking and not estimating. Today so far. I got a chicken burrito plate later with a bit of rice. and possibly a shake left

Well aware on self reported date and "accuracy"
    Self reported data.
    http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM199212313272701
    http://www.plosone.org/article/fetch...esentation=PDF
    Chapter 5, page 153. https://books.google.com.au/books?id...%2C081&f=false
    Chapter 5, page 169. https://books.google.com.au/books?id...%2C081&f=false
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16321603
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...O;2-L/abstract

Last edited by allrnder; 11-23-2021 at 10:42 PM.
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    But...but the eggs you find in most stores today (at least in some parts of Europe) are "GM" or something or are useless - these so-called "anti-cancer" eggs which have zero anabolic effect and only make you fat and feel full and actually LOWER androgens and increase estrogen. The "eggs" of today are not the eggs of yesterday, much like the steaks of today...
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HannoCometh View Post
    But...but the eggs you find in most stores today (at least in some parts of Europe) are "GM" or something or are useless - these so-called "anti-cancer" eggs which have zero anabolic effect and only make you fat and feel full and actually LOWER androgens and increase estrogen. The "eggs" of today are not the eggs of yesterday, much like the steaks of today...
    Got any reputable info on that? Curious but skeptical...
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got any reputable info on that? Curious but skeptical...

Anecdotal....plus this:

GENETICALLY MODIFIED CHICKENS LAY EGGS CONTAINING ANTI-CANCER DRUG

The human body naturally produces the proteins found in the new hen eggs — IFNalpha2a and macro****e-CSF, if you’re wondering — and they each play an important role in the immune system. Drugs containing both proteins are widely used by doctors to treat cancers and other diseases, but producing the proteins in the lab is difficult and expensive.

For their study, published in the journal BMC Biotechnology, the Edinburgh researchers inserted the gene that produces the proteins in humans into the part of the chickens’ DNA that handles the production of the white in its eggs. When they tested the hens’ eggs, they found that just three eggs contained a dose-worth of the proteins.

And we all know that anything from Big Pharma which is "anti-cancer" makes you fat and feminised and suffer increases in estrogenic activity.

Also, the articles claim "in 10 to 20 years' time", but I can say for a fact that the ruined egg supplies are widely in circulation now.

Either I have extremely high T (which I don't) or they are widely in circulation now because eggs nowadays do absolutely nothing for me - whereas in the past they would.

May sound like a "conspiracy theory", but it's goddamn true!

Unfortunately, the Gironda precursor shake is outdated because eggs today are no longer the same as eggs as yesterday!
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]