View Poll Results: Which Rogue Rack Should I Buy?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • R-3

0 0%
  • R-3BT

0 0%
  • RML-3

0 0%
  • RML-390F

4 66.67%
  • None of these.

2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdub206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which Rogue Rack Should I Buy?

I am looking at purchasing a Rogue rack for my home gym in my garage once they come back in stock. I think I have narrowed it down to following four choices: R-3, R-3BT, RML-3, and the RML-390F. Regardless of whether I get the flat foot or not, I am going to be building a lifting platform, so bolting the rack down will not be an issue (if needed).

Accessories that I will also be purchasing: Landmines, Matador, Safety Straps, Multi Grip Crossmember, Plate Storage Posts (if room), Rack Mount Leg Roller, and Spud Inc Pulley (High and Low).

R-3

The R-3 seems like it would be more than enough and will support more weight than I'll ever be able to lift. In addition, it's the cheapest of all the power racks that I am looking at purchasing and the accessories are slightly cheaper for 2x3. One of the downsides is that you can only use accessories on 2 of the 4 sides of the uprights. For example, I would only be able to use the Matador on the front or back of the uprights whereas on a 3x3 rack I could attach it to the sides as well. I don't think this would be a significant issue as I could still use the accessories, I just wouldn't have as many options of where to place them. The second downside is that it only has a 24 inch depth. Preferably, I'd like a 30inch depth but the 24 isn't a deal breaker.

R-3BT

The R-3BT would give me the option to get a rack with 30 inch depth and would still be cheaper than the two options I was looking at in the Monster Lite series. The only downside is that it may be slightly less sturdy as the R-3 since the R-3 is welded and the R-3BT is bolted together. This shouldn't be a huge issue though since the rack will still be bolted to the lifting platform.

RML-3

This rack is more expensive but would enable me to use the accessories on either side of the uprights since they are 3x3. The only downside is that it's 24 inch depth and costs more money than the R-3 and R-3BT. One other small benefit is that I do think the 3x3 looks slightly better than the 2x3 but again, I wouldn't really need the extra strength of the 3x3.

RML-390F

Some of the positives regarding this rack are that you do not have to bolt this down, it has a 30 inch depth, and is 3x3. One of the positives can also be a negative though. Since it won't be bolted down, it will be slightly less sturdy and I won't be able to use band pegs with it. However, it would give me more options of where I could use it in the future in case I ever move it from my garage.

I know Rogue has the RML-390BT but it starts getting a little too pricey. Will Rogue accessories in the future be more 3x3 focused instead of 2x3? Currently, 3x3 only has a couple of more accessories than the 2x3. Any of these racks should last me for life, so I want to make sure that I purchase something future proof.

I saw some reviews of people who had 3x3 racks that stated it was sometimes hard to re-rack due to the width of the rack. It appeared that they were able to fix this issue with the sandwich Jhooks. Are there any significant downfalls of going 2x3 vs 3x3 (Infinity vs Monster Lite)? Are the accessories significantly more sturdy on a 3x3 vs 2x3? Also, what are some thoughts on 24 inch depth vs 30 inch depth? Overall, I am looking for any insight people can provide who have or use these racks. Thank you in advance!

Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bignick31985 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have an RML-3, the welded version. It's been a tank. I imagine you can't really go wrong with any of the racks and they all would be sufficient. I also have had no issue with hitting the uprights. I don't think the sandwich j-cups are worth the $$$. I tried the Rep version for my RML and rarely use them. They actually never move from the outside of the rack for OHP.

I'm 6'2", 205lbs and the 24" depth has never been an issue for me.

hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeysc23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I purchased the RML-3 folding rack before all this happened. As mentioned previously it's hard to go wrong with any of them. Rogue builds some sturdy stuff. If I was going to do it all over again ... the only slight tweak I'd make is considering a 2x3" rack. The benefits are the extra inch between the barbell and the J-Cups would have been nice especially for my wife who isn't as accustom to lifting yet. I don't get that much benefit over a 3x3" post. I wouldn't have even thought of that before I installed and was watching a YouTube video comparing a different product but 2x3".

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Now that you can get laser etched numbers with the ML series, that's the way I would go. There's no wrong choice though. It all depends on what you consider most important (price, depth, space when reracking, etc.).

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had a standup guy convince me NOT to buy his Monster Lite due to the 3x3 post. He was going to a 2x3 due the width issue. You lose a little space inside and out. The accessories were more expensive too, for just another inch of steel.

I’m still using an old Titan 2x3HD rack. I would like to get a “fancy” rack, but I keep on upgrading/buying everything around it. It functions perfectly, but isn’t cool. It is one of the cheapest pieces of equipment in my gym.

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tough choice, essentially your choice is between combinations of sturdiness and accesory flexibility.
    I have 2 racks, an infinity R690 (2’x3’ 6 post with weight storage 11 gage) and a power lift 6 post rack that is institution level construction. Its 3”x4” 7 gage steel with drop in style accessory options. What i have found to be the real world factors that may help you decide are the following:
    we use the infinity 2x3 far more then the power lift even though they both are similar capacity and the power lift is many times more stable.
    -Observations: the least sturdy bolt together option is still solid enough that lifters in my gym (including me) choose bolt together 2x3 rack over the far more sturdy power lift welded 7 gage 3x4” ultimate rack.
    - the Infinity gets used more because it is dripping with accessories and is easy to set up quickly.
    - it is very sturdy in reality. it was put together over several years, starting as a r490 4 post rack and expanded into a 6 post. I purchased a few cross braces to stiffen construction.
    The final decision should be Buying the rack with the most accessory and add on options.
    At the time i bought the 490 2x3 was still king, it may still be, but there may be 3x3 configurations that are catching up.
    Look for compatibility with other brands and inexpensive accessories. That gives you the option to buy some less critical accessories from cheaper companies and makes it easier to expand the rack over time.
    As to size, i would suggest going bigger then 24” depth if possible, the real world difference between 6” or even 18” in the 490’s case isnt much. If you keep working out at home you will probably add more things into the gym and the extra room inside the rack comes in handy.
    Even though some people are against buying cheaper accessories, i added a lot of less often used accessories from titan and other import brands that where compatible.
    You would have to check to be sure, but i believe rep’s 4000 series snd titans x3 are compatible with monster lite. If they are then the 3x3 monster lite option is good, but i would choose the bolt together to make adding components easier. I purchased a heavy cross-brace in addition to the standard pull up bar braces snd that made a huge difference.
    We still use the Power lift, its an excellent rack, but since it has only 1 pr of j cups for each set of uprights, only the in rack drop in safeties and just technique trays for accessories, its harder to set up for supersets, multiple lifters et.
    The 2x3 has a half dozen set of various style j cups, safety spotter arms additional to in rack safeties, adjustable mono lift hooks, leverage arms, band pegs, and every conceivable pull up option made, it can be set up for two different lifters easily. Like when i train with my son, we use a j cup for him and one for me at a different height or him in the rack on one bar, me out of the rack on a different bar with the spotter arms.
    Having lots of inexpensive options makes a big difference and future expansion is also critical.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    Tough choice, essentially your choice is between combinations of sturdiness and accesory flexibility.
    I have 2 racks, an infinity R690 (2’x3’ 6 post with weight storage 11 gage) and a power lift 6 post rack that is institution level construction. Its 3”x4” 7 gage steel with drop in style accessory options. What i have found to be the real world factors that may help you decide are the following:
    we use the infinity 2x3 far more then the power lift even though they both are similar capacity and the power lift is many times more stable.
    -Observations: the least sturdy bolt together option is still solid enough that lifters in my gym (including me) choose bolt together 2x3 rack over the far more sturdy power lift welded 7 gage 3x4” ultimate rack.
    - the Infinity gets used more because it is dripping with accessories and is easy to set up quickly.
    - it is very sturdy in reality. it was put together over several years, starting as a r490 4 post rack and expanded into a 6 post. I purchased a few cross braces to stiffen construction.
    The final decision should be Buying the rack with the most accessory and add on options.
    At the time i bought the 490 2x3 was still king, it may still be, but there may be 3x3 configurations that are catching up.
    Look for compatibility with other brands and inexpensive accessories. That gives you the option to buy some less critical accessories from cheaper companies and makes it easier to expand the rack over time.
    As to size, i would suggest going bigger then 24” depth if possible, the real world difference between 6” or even 18” in the 490’s case isnt much. If you keep working out at home you will probably add more things into the gym and the extra room inside the rack comes in handy.
    Even though some people are against buying cheaper accessories, i added a lot of less often used accessories from titan and other import brands that where compatible.
    You would have to check to be sure, but i believe rep’s 4000 series snd titans x3 are compatible with monster lite. If they are then the 3x3 monster lite option is good, but i would choose the bolt together to make adding components easier. I purchased a heavy cross-brace in addition to the standard pull up bar braces snd that made a huge difference.
    We still use the Power lift, its an excellent rack, but since it has only 1 pr of j cups for each set of uprights, only the in rack drop in safeties and just technique trays for accessories, its harder to set up for supersets, multiple lifters et.
    The 2x3 has a half dozen set of various style j cups, safety spotter arms additional to in rack safeties, adjustable mono lift hooks, leverage arms, band pegs, and every conceivable pull up option made, it can be set up for two different lifters easily. Like when i train with my son, we use a j cup for him and one for me at a different height or him in the rack on one bar, me out of the rack on a different bar with the spotter arms.
    Having lots of inexpensive options makes a big difference and future expansion is also critical.
    Hi HG, welcome back. Have not seen you post in a while. Helpful post, reps for your return.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I bought Rogue bars but went with another brand of rack after I realized that Rogue is 49” wide .
    My Rogue bar is 51.75” wide between the collars , and that leaves little room for error when I re-rack during bench , seeing as there’s less than 1-1/2” between the collars on each side.
    I don’t know of that would cause any issues on bench,but my newest Powertec rack was 48.75” wide and always gave me issues re-racking during squats , and the bar I used to use during squats was 52.5” wide .

I prefer my first Powertec rack which was 47.5” wide. The golden standard for me

Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The RML390F can be bolted down with brackets, they call them s-base floor mounting feet. They have 6” bolt pattern, same as the uprights. I just finished welding up a new base for mine, after I drill 24 holes I will have a 6 post RML390F.

I agree with the above post about numbered uprights, that would be my choice today if I didn’t have the 390F. It is on the 3.0 colored racks and is something I always wanted. I had to paint numbers on mine.
    ▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #76 ▪█─────█▪

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sdca7718 View Post
    I agree with the above post about numbered uprights, that would be my choice today if I didn’t have the 390F. It is on the 3.0 colored racks and is something I always wanted. I had to paint numbers on mine.
    This. I’ve learned to live without numbers on the RML I got a year ago, but as I expected, it really bugs me. Sadly, couldn’t afford the Monster line at the time, so I had to go Lite. But if you’re moving pins around a lot, particularly if you’re sharing the space with someone else, you’re going to want the laser cut numbers.

I’ve finally got it in my head that the strap safety goes into the sixth hole from the top of the Westside spacing near the hands for my bench press, and the second from the top of the Westside spacing at the feet, while the cups go two above the top of the Westside spacing.... you see what I mean? Much easier to remember or write down a number.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113