Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Kroc Rows Back Health

I was talking to a trainer at the gym describing to him what Kroc Rows are. He said they do everything they are meant for. Grip Strength and getting a strong and big upper back, but they are bad for your back because extending your arm that low with that much weight can herniate a disk. Is that true? He has never tried them and I have been doing them only for the last 3 weeks. I like them, but I care about my general back health more than using it to develop grip and my upper back. There are many other exercises you can do instead. Thanks for the help.

Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no.
    Views expressed on this domain are fictitious and represent the opinion of no entity whatsoever

tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Vampirelol View Post
    no.
    Thanks. I didn't think so, but I wasn't sure especially because I did them yesterday and today my back hasn't been feeling so hot all day. I did them after deadlifts and bench presses though.

In 5/3/1 Forever Wendler said for beginners its good to start with 1/2 your bodyweight for 20 reps. I couldn't do that so I lowered it by 5lbs and I have been adding a couple reps each week with a goal of getting somewhere over 20 before raising the weight. Right now I'm at 17,

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The back is supported doing them, it can be done as a substitute for other things if you have a sore back.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All Kroc rows are high rep Dumbbell Rows. There is nothing magical about them. And doing 3 sets of 8 with a 30 pound dumbbell wont give you a back like Matt (I guess its Shanae now?) Kroc.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    All Kroc rows are high rep Dumbbell Rows. There is nothing magical about them. And doing 3 sets of 8 with a 30 pound dumbbell wont give you a back like Matt (I guess its Shanae now?) Kroc.
    To add to this.

Kroc rows are kroc rows because kroc outgrew the biggest dbs in the gym and had to just rep them forever...
    If you can't row 100lbs am arm you probably don't need kroc rows
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    To add to this.

Kroc rows are kroc rows because kroc outgrew the biggest dbs in the gym and had to just rep them forever...
    Yeah, I guess technically its onl a Kroc row if you bring your brother to the gym to weld some dbs together.

anonymous
    Kroc rows can lead to overdeveloped Traps.

To add to this.

Thanks. I’ll do some standard dumbbell rows instead.

Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tlifter View Post
    Thanks. I didn't think so, but I wasn't sure especially because I did them yesterday and today my back hasn't been feeling so hot all day. I did them after deadlifts and bench presses though.

In 5/3/1 Forever Wendler said for beginners its good to start with 1/2 your bodyweight for 20 reps. I couldn't do that so I lowered it by 5lbs and I have been adding a couple reps each week with a goal of getting somewhere over 20 before raising the weight. Right now I'm at 17,
    I wouldn't do rows after deadlifts. A fatigued lower back is the last thing you want in a lift where the lower back plays such a pivotal role in stabilisation.
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    This post makes no sense. Not trying to be a dick but there is neither context nor an argument to back up your statement. Why would high rep db rows be more conducive to trap overdevelopment than other exercises?

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To add to this.

This,

but somehow most people think that kroc rows - high rep cheat db rows with isnane weight
    LMAO @
    for beginners its good to start with 1/2 your bodyweight for 20 reps
    Last edited by HeMB; 04-06-2019 at 11:19 PM.

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    they actually turn you into a woman

Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    they actually turn you into a woman
    i forgot to add this. cut them from my routine for this reason alone.
    Views expressed on this domain are fictitious and represent the opinion of no entity whatsoever

Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    This,

but somehow most people think that kroc rows - high rep cheat db rows with isnane weight
    LMAO @
    Well if any of you have 5/3/1 Forever than you can see on page 181 Wendler lists standards for Kroc Rows. He says Beginners should do 1/2 bodyweightx20, Intermediate 1/2 bodyweightx35, and Advanced 1/2 bodyweightx50 so at least according to him Kroc Rows are not just for people who maxed out the dumbbells.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To be perfectly honest I can't say I've ever seen someone with overdeveloped traps. Most people could use more in my personal opinion.

I like Kroc rows for the grip and getting some more volume in for the back. I was stuck at 485 for my deadlift (grip and lockout strength were my weakness at the time) and was introduced to Kroc rows but hardly changed anything else at all. I finally broke 500 after a few solid blocks of training using Kroc rows, which made me a believer.

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kroc rows is probably dumb but I think DB row is one of those exercises which you actually lose out by having perfect controlled form vs extra weight. I do mine slightly overloaded and with a little body English going on.
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by melDorado View Post
    Kroc rows is probably dumb but I think DB row is one of those exercises which you actually lose out by having perfect controlled form vs extra weight. I do mine slightly overloaded and with a little body English going on.
    I too believe this - as long as form doesn't get so loose to become an injury risk.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Shihanlifter View Post
    This post makes no sense. Not trying to be a dick but there is neither context nor an argument to back up your statement. Why would high rep db rows be more conducive to trap overdevelopment than other exercises?

n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As long as you do your rows with your lower back erectors keeping the arch in the back constant, you are fine. A large portion of people in the gym do dumbbell rows and kroc rows with a jerking motion, rounding their back when pulling the weight up.

If you do these "hunchback rows", as I like to call them, the Kroc row could be more harmful than the one arm row. If you use good form, though, you are fine. That might have been what the trainer was getting at?
    Ignore List

GregStren90
    health4life24
    LukeEverhart
    jeremybra

Well if any of you have 5/3/1 Forever than you can see on page 181 Wendler lists standards for Kroc Rows. He says Beginners should do 1/2 bodyweightx20, Intermediate 1/2 bodyweightx35, and Advanced 1/2 bodyweightx50 so at least according to him Kroc Rows are not just for people who maxed out the dumbbells.
    Hey ass, I actually have a Matt Kroc trainng DVD where he explains it as we have laid it out. So at least accoring to Kroc, Kroc rows arent for little guys like you. Now eat some neg.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have the book.
    Wendlers idea of kroc rows is a lil different to the woman herself.

I just do my rows 7m protocol... much more effective way of accumulating good volume IMO
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    is this a joke in here about Matt transitioning to a woman? (a trap)

legit not sure lol
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    What is krok rows?

moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) moremass2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Oh shoot I just did some research, kroc rows were invented by a tranny!

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This ^

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Hey ass, I actually have a Matt Kroc trainng DVD where he explains it as we have laid it out. So at least accoring to Kroc, Kroc rows arent for little guys like you. Now eat some neg.
    Hey ass, you don’t need to be hyper defensive. This entire thread is based on Wendler’s parameters because I’m following one of his programs. And calling me a little guy just shows that you are insecure with your physique. I personally don’t care about my size. I just care about strength.

Originally Posted by moremass2 View Post
    Oh shoot I just did some research, kroc rows were invented by a tranny!
    Yep but at the time he created them he wasn’t a woman.

BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Who the **** is that trainer?

By definition, technically, all back exercises can and will lead to injuries like a herniated disc if you don't watch your form. Practice the lifts and do them with your proper form and then slowly increase the poundage/reps
    Second by second, you lose the opportunity of becoming the person you want to be.

Originally Posted by BIGNHYOOGE View Post
    Who the **** is that trainer?

By definition, technically, all back exercises can and will lead to injuries like a herniated disc if you don't watch your form. Practice the lifts and do them with your proper form and then slowly increase the poundage/reps
    Well, Kroc Rows have you stretch at the bottom and you use a bit of body english aka somewhat bad form to lift more weight than you could with strict form. So technically speaking, you are using bad form. This is a video of Jim Wendler years ago doing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6T5n79Srpk

Well, Kroc Rows have you stretch at the bottom and you use a bit of body english aka somewhat bad form to lift more weight than you could with strict form. So technically speaking, you are using bad form. This is a video of Jim Wendler years ago doing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6T5n79Srpk
    Thats not a Kroc Row. Thats a regular DB row. What we keep telling you is Kroc rows are using the heaviest DB in the gym for really high reps because there isnt anything else to do.