chan372 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need advice - clean bulk with 1 cheat day in the weekend

A short history of my diet:
    I've been in cutting diet for the past 8 weeks, and I managed to cut down my weight from 72kg (BF approx. 18%) to 66 kg (BF approx. 13%).
    I can make an "enjoyable" meal plan that I don't actually need cheat day, but I have a habit of hanging out with friends in the weekend which always involve with "eat till you drop". So every week during this cutting diet, I've been following a meal plan with 10-20% calories deficit for 6 days and 1 cheat day where I eat whatever I want (I don't count the calories intake in this day and I'm eating until really full 3-4 times in a day + unrestricted snacking).

I'm planning to stop the cutting diet and to start the lean bulking.
    I'm planning to follow a meal plan with 10% surplus calories everyday: 35% prot / 40% carb / 25% fat for workout days; and 40% prot / 30% carb / 30% fat for rest days.

But I found it difficult to fit in my weekend-cheat-day-habit in this clean bulking plan.
    So I've been thinking of several ideas:
    1. just go with 10% surplus calories for 6 days in a week, and keep having 1 cheat day
    2. 10% deficit calories on the day before and after the cheat day
    3. stick with calories intake for maintaining current weight, and the surplus will be only in the weekend (doubt it will still be a lean bulk)

Would really appreciate any suggestions which ideas above is the safest / best to achieve lean bulk, or if there are other alternatives I can follow for lean bulking that fit my daily activities and habits.

HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't ask for advisc, this is nut misc

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What is a clean bulk?
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    option #1 seems like the most reasonable approach. I am on a similar plan, but try to keep the cheat day damage down. I seem to control my fork a little more if I put in an intense workout prior to the carnage.

chan372 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HotDogManB View Post
    Don't ask for advisc, this is nut misc
    Thanks for the tips, a newbie here.
    Could a moderator please move this post to a more appropriate forum/sub forum?

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    What is a clean bulk?
    I mean... bulking without (or with minimum) fat gain.

Originally Posted by solarfuel View Post
    option #1 seems like the most reasonable approach. I am on a similar plan, but try to keep the cheat day damage down. I seem to control my fork a little more if I put in an intense workout prior to the carnage.
    I'm starting my "clean bulk" today, and planning to do a 4th option: intermittent fasting (if I can call it so).
    On my cheat day, I will skip breakfast (and probably lunch), and will go crazy in the afternoon / evening with my friends.
    I'll keep posting if my plan worked...

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chan372 View Post
    I'm eating until really full 3-4 times in a day + unrestricted snacking.
    Based on this, surprised you have lost weight tbh. I have erased a weeks deficit in big 1 meal.