Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Puppy's Progress Journal

Hello everyone! Welcome to my Progress log that I wanted to create to help keep myself accountable as well as to reflect back on what's worked for me and what has not. I think it is healthy to create a diary/journal to write about how your day went and to help keep you on track of making new habits. I was reading other people's logs and realized man I need to make one cause I have no one in my life to keep me accountable so I am hoping this will do it!

Brief Workout History: During 2012 went through my first relationship breakup and was at 220 lbs at 5'7. Super overweight and didn't know what to do. I couldn't lose weight by listening to my grandmother's advice and other personal trainers so I spent 100s of hours researching/looking up science on nutrition and fatloss. Came across this forum and learned to count calories/macros. Went from 220 lbs to 175 in about 3 months staying at 1900 calories. Spent another 5 months getting down to 169. Quit college and rebounded. I started to live on my own/first apartment and kept on yo-yoing. Fast forward 4 years later, I found myself living in China and living my childhood dream and didn't care about fitness at all. Father past away so a year later moved back to the USA. I ended up enrolling into Nursing school as of last year for my RN. I should graduate this September. This is super stressful and most people end up gaining weight during this time as it is probably one of the most challenging things someone could do. It's an all year round program so its 11 weeks on and 2.5 weeks off till graduation. Also one other thing to include in here is that I have worked with 3DMJ in the past and will eventually work with them once I get low enough BF.

My current stats: 25 years old male 5'7 228 lbs ~32% BF (Pics are on my profile- too low of post count to post).

My goals: I want to become the best person I can be and not this depressed/anxious person that I am currently due to being unhappy with myself. The major goal I want to reach is to look as good as I can before I graduate in September. Goals> Get under 215 lbs> 200 lbs> 185 lbs> Re-evaluate??

One big thing with me is that I do become quite obsessed with something I care about. I am an all in or out kind of guy and know for this to be sustainable I need to switch my habits around. Every small habit I change can make a good impact on health. I do know that if I can get into the gym that will always make me focus in on my nutrition. Its simply the way I am wired.

How will I achieve my goals? I will follow the workout program that Coach Jeff from 3DMJ made me as it is good for 3+ months till I need to re-evaluate. The workout goal is 2 days on, one day off, two days on, two off. Repeat. I am in this for the long haul and my life can be unpredictable at times with school so I will do a flex of 1900 calories to 2100 calories based on how the day has gone and what my weight is doing. The macros I will aim for is 140 G protein/ 60G Fat/ 200G Carbs. I don't really care much about Fat/Carbs as I do about protein. Protein is the hardest macronutrient for me to get so I will be focusing on it.

What YOU can do to help achieve my goals- Keep me accountable and if I am slacking, DO NOT be nice... well within reason.

I will update this as much as I can. I am currently on my school break so I will update frequently. When school starts up, I may only update 1-3x a week.

(Pictures are currently the same as I am now. No body changes from when they were taken)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by PuppyLife; 03-19-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats on starting the journey. I'm about a week into my own. Looking forward to updates (with progress). All the best.

PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    3-18-19

Today went pretty well. I got my work out in and it was great. I weighed in at 228.9 this morning and ended the day at 2002 calories (54g fat 204g carbs and 175g protein). I have to admit I am feeling pretty hungry, but I do know that my body will need some time to adjust to a lower calorie amount. This is my second day of being in a caloric deficit and know I need to take it day by day. I am pretty excited to see what changes will happen the upcoming weeks. Tomorow will be my rest day for weightlifting.

Originally Posted by Km2019 View Post
    Congrats on starting the journey. I'm about a week into my own. Looking forward to updates (with progress). All the best.
    Thanks man! I appreciate it. Let's nail it and become the best version of ourselves that we can be!

Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000) Km2019 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PuppyLife View Post
    3-18-19

Today went pretty well. I got my work out in and it was great. I weighed in at 228.9 this morning and ended the day at 2002 calories (54g fat 204g carbs and 175g protein). I have to admit I am feeling pretty hungry, but I do know that my body will need some time to adjust to a lower calorie amount. This is my second day of being in a caloric deficit and know I need to take it day by day. I am pretty excited to see what changes will happen the upcoming weeks. Tomorow will be my rest day for weightlifting.
    Just keep at it, it will get easier. My appetite is pretty much gone now. I have to make an effort to get all the food I need down in a day.

3-19-19

Today has been great. It was an off day and instead of sitting around, I ended up getting a membership at a different gym near where I live and they have everything I will ever need including a swimming pool and hot tub. I did 30 mins of the elliptical and burned 400 cals (just a reference of a number) and met one of my nursing school classmates who is about 3 days out of her physique comp. I ended up talking to one of the staff members and found out that they do have adult lap swimming lessons. I LOVE the water and so I signed up and they actually started today so I had my first lesson in the evening as well. I was 30 mins early so I hopped on to the stairmaster machine and did a good 10 mins (110 cals burned). I do have issues with self isolating myself since I don't have very much family involvement and so I do think going to some sort of fitness class would be good. It gets you to socialize and get out. It's hard to break out of the mindset that group fitness classes are only for women.

I've been thinking about my goals constantly and somewhat obsessing over them to be honest. Im still excited and know that I need to stay on course no matter if its tough. I HATE the fat slob I became when I have the knowledge to get results. Issue is Consistency I weighed in at 227.8 which is slightly above a lb. I do expect to lose 2-3 lbs this week due to water weight. Ended the day with 2068 calories (64g fat 190g carbs and 183g protein). Im thinking I will lower my protein a bit to fit in more carbs/fat since those help me fill more satiated.

3-20-19

Weighed in at 227.6 this morning. I did pretty well till later in the evening. Workout was great and love getting into this new gym. Gotta get used to where everything is though. I hope I do meet some people at this one since I don't have any workout friends or anything of the sort. Any tips would be appreciated! I was at about 1500 calories till later in the evening. I was kind of feeling down and a bit lonely so I ended up going to a bar till probably 2am. One thing to know about me is that I am very isolated since I don't have any family and I don't really know other people here where I live. So I'm either working, gym, or school (small university so I don't meet people here either). It is very isolated and I hate it. I am a pretty social guy. I didn't drink very much and most of it was a squirt of alcohol in diet coke or water. Met some guys there and they bought me a couple tiny shots or so I thought.. They ended up putting it on my tab and I was pretty mad. A 15 dollar tab went to 55. I was pretty mad. Too cool the conflict a bit, I said I'd pay half and they got the rest. The guys told me I needed to leave after, and I stood up for myself saying they all had to leave haha! This ordeal left me to talk to one of the hot waitresses and she stayed talking for awhile. I don't feel like I did any damage since most of the night I was sipping diet coke and water. If anything I went over by maybe 200-300 calories but I doubt it. I hardly ever go out and I don't get drunk at all. Man this motivates me further to get back into shape. I saw so many guys that were not fit at all out there and obviously being fit doesn't change how people are towards you but it does boost the confidence for you to put yourself out there. One thing I really need to tackle is to get to know people in this area. I have no idea where to start!!

I'd guess estimate my cals to probably be 2200 but most likely way less than that. I know im at about 140g Protein and 50G fat. Most are probably just carbs. We all gonnna make it!

3-20-19

Weighed in at 227.6 this morning. I did pretty well till later in the evening. Workout was great and love getting into this new gym. Gotta get used to where everything is though. I hope I do meet some people at this one since I don't have any workout friends or anything of the sort. Any tips would be appreciated! I was at about 1500 calories till later in the evening. I was kind of feeling down and a bit lonely so I ended up going to a bar till probably 2am. One thing to know about me is that I am very isolated since I don't have any family and I don't really know other people here where I live. So I'm either working, gym, or school (small university so I don't meet people here either). It is very isolated and I hate it. I am a pretty social guy. I didn't drink very much and most of it was a squirt of alcohol in diet coke or water. Met some guys there and they bought me a couple tiny shots or so I thought.. They ended up putting it on my tab and I was pretty mad. A 15 dollar tab went to 55. I was pretty mad. Too cool the conflict a bit, I said I'd pay half and they got the rest. The guys told me I needed to leave after, and I stood up for myself saying they all had to leave haha! This ordeal left me to talk to one of the hot waitresses and she stayed talking for awhile. I don't feel like I did any damage since most of the night I was sipping diet coke and water. If anything I went over by maybe 200-300 calories but I doubt it. I hardly ever go out and I don't get drunk at all. Man this motivates me further to get back into shape. I saw so many guys that were not fit at all out there and obviously being fit doesn't change how people are towards you but it does boost the confidence for you to put yourself out there. One thing I really need to tackle is to get to know people in this area. I have no idea where to start!!

I'd guess estimate my cals to probably be 2200 but most likely way less than that. I know im at about 140g Protein and 50G fat. Most are probably just carbs. We all gonnna make it!
    That doesn't sound like a big deal at all. When you said "I did pretty well until later in the evening", I thought you were going to confess to some huge binge or something haha. I think you got off lucky that those guys didn't take the confrontation further. In my opinion, nothing good can come from going to bars alone. Most guys are insecure, and are always trying to flex on someone to show off in front of their bros, or some girl or whatever. Gotta be careful out there. Just yesterday some gangbangers rolled up beside me with their windows down trying to look all tough staring at me when I was leaving a big mall nearby. I wanted to tell them to **** off, but I kept my mouth shut. It's like yeah you're real tough with 3 other dudes with you. Anyway lol, got a bit off track there. Keep going strong dude!

That doesn't sound like a big deal at all. When you said "I did pretty well until later in the evening", I thought you were going to confess to some huge binge or something haha. I think you got off lucky that those guys didn't take the confrontation further. In my opinion, nothing good can come from going to bars alone. Most guys are insecure, and are always trying to flex on someone to show off in front of their bros, or some girl or whatever. Gotta be careful out there. Just yesterday some gangbangers rolled up beside me with their windows down trying to look all tough staring at me when I was leaving a big mall nearby. I wanted to tell them to **** off, but I kept my mouth shut. It's like yeah you're real tough with 3 other dudes with you. Anyway lol, got a bit off track there. Keep going strong dude!
    Nah it wasn't too big of a deal. I never get drunk and am almost incapable of being that way. Srs. I drink very rarely and all my friends are wasted and I'm still sober. I think once I notice any cognitive function is about to get impaired I stop and switch to diet coke. Lived in a foreign country and so I know that no ones gonna take care of you but yourself so don't be dumb and get wasted lol. I weighed in at 226.2 this morning so thats about a few lbs down since I started a few days ago. Most is water weight but I do expect to be below 218/220 by the end of the month. I hear what your saying. I usually go out by myself cause that can be very enjoyable by meeting new people. When you go with friends, you kind of stick with them the whole night. Never really had any issues besides last night, but I was at a not so good bar. I usually go to one where all the bartenders and waitresses know me (one is in bodybuilding and my class). I can take care of myself. I was in 4 years of Kung Fu and not the flashy type you see on the show. More so real life street self defense. When everything was all cool we talked a bit about it so they were just trying to flex and intimidate at the end of the night. One of the guys was like okay lets see some of your moves. I just smirked and drank my diet coke. They ended up leaving haha.

3-21-19

This is Day 5 of being consistent! Weighed in at 226.2 and my starting weight was 229.8. So I am down 3 lbs 5 days in. Granted most is water weight, but its a good start. I do expect to be around 223/224 by the time next week is over. From my first ever cut, I stayed at this same calories consistently and I dropped weight at a good rate with a 2.25-2.5 lb deficit and it evened itself out as I got to a lower weight. As long as I can manage, I will keep this up and maybe when i get closer to 200 lbs, I'll slightly increase it. My calories were a bit low, but I just didn't want to eat lol. Im at 1729 kcal with 49g fat, 191g carbs and 131g protein. Im snacking on a whole bowl of SF jello that I made a couple days ago. Worked on DL form at the gym today and probably start joining yoga at the gym (straight btw) since my Upper back cannot quite extend out to help flatten the back. Flexibility and/or a body fat issue. Went into the hot tub and chatted up a lifeguard i talked too earlier this week. Talked for about an hour and forgot I was in the hot tub so I was pretty red LOL. Too bad shes not single. Feelsbadman. Its good to socialize and maybe it'll lead me to get some gym friends to go do things with so I am not such a loner.

3-21-19

This is Day 5 of being consistent! Weighed in at 226.2 and my starting weight was 229.8. So I am down 3 lbs 5 days in. Granted most is water weight, but its a good start. I do expect to be around 223/224 by the time next week is over. From my first ever cut, I stayed at this same calories consistently and I dropped weight at a good rate with a 2.25-2.5 lb deficit and it evened itself out as I got to a lower weight. As long as I can manage, I will keep this up and maybe when i get closer to 200 lbs, I'll slightly increase it. My calories were a bit low, but I just didn't want to eat lol. Im at 1729 kcal with 49g fat, 191g carbs and 131g protein. Im snacking on a whole bowl of SF jello that I made a couple days ago. Worked on DL form at the gym today and probably start joining yoga at the gym (straight btw) since my Upper back cannot quite extend out to help flatten the back. Flexibility and/or a body fat issue. Went into the hot tub and chatted up a lifeguard i talked too earlier this week. Talked for about an hour and forgot I was in the hot tub so I was pretty red LOL. Too bad shes not single. Feelsbadman. Its good to socialize and maybe it'll lead me to get some gym friends to go do things with so I am not such a loner.
    Good job bruh, Keep at it. When you feel great, it's so much easier to talk to people. Imagine how it will be whe you reach your goal. Let's kill it today.

3-22-19 Day 5

Weighed in at 226.2. Today went pretty well. Had work at the hospital. Stayed on my nutrition goals and ended the day at 1910 calories, 54G fat, 202G Carbs 154G protein. I decided to do another workout today instead of doing my 2 days off just so I can have those days off tomorow and the next day since I will be doing 12 hr shifts at work. That is one thing that is giving me a mental trip. Part of me feels like I'm not gonna stay on top of the diet just cause its a long shift and at some point I will be going hungry as I only get a half hr lunch break for 12 hours. I'll have to simply push through. I noticed earlier I am getting a bit impatient but I know that the 5-6 months that I will need to be in a deficit for is just a short time which will go by one day at a time.

Registered User SubWooferCooker's Avatar
    SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just got your PM bro, thought i would check out your log!

Great write up so far, i will be following.

My best advice is just be consistent, Take it one day at a time and enjoy the journey, You look like a naturally strong and muscular guy as it is, you definitely have plenty of lean mass already, Listen to your body and your motivation levels, don't try and push too hard if you don't want to, i would always go through phases of feeling super motivated which enabled me to push hard, to time where i felt like i had less energy and less motivation, don't be afraid to take diets breaks at maintenance if you need to, a couple of day's here and there at maintenance will help you in the long run, and the very best advice i can give that beats anything else is that if you have a cheat day DON'T WORRY, just get back on track and put it behind you, stress will just make you want to eat more. Nobody goes through an entire diet without cheat days etc. Just go with the flow, if your body truly wants a cheat day trust it just don't use it as an excuse to cheat, your body will give you signs. The main thing is you are making progress over time, Good look!

Registered User SubWooferCooker's Avatar
    SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SubWooferCooker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As for how much weight you need to drop, Honestly everybody is so different, just keep going until you are happy with what you see in the mirror, also don't be unhappy with how you are now, appreciate where you are now, You look like a strong guy in bear mode to me Plenty of people in far worse physical condition.

Originally Posted by SubWooferCooker View Post
    As for how much weight you need to drop, Honestly everybody is so different, just keep going until you are happy with what you see in the mirror, also don't be unhappy with how you are now, appreciate where you are now, You look like a strong guy in bear mode to me Plenty of people in far worse physical condition.
    Thanks for the comments man! I know consistency is the key to having success in bodybuilding. I've learned that if I skip one day of tracking or make up an excuse to not go to the gym during a time I was supposed too, it becomes a domino effect. I can be pretty flexible but also be self aware at the same time till the habits are in. I am using the plan that 3DMJ came up with while I was training with them since it hasn't changed. We have refeed days every 2-3 weeks and if I do end up having a "cheat day" that will be the refeed. I've got a template that they give out so I fill that out as well as this log so we have enough data for when I do go back to coaching. You are right that I am at a better place than a lot of others. Just a bit of chub to get rid of. I was in wrestling all throughout highschool so that had a role in getting buff. If I go according to my first cut awhile back, I probably will need to hit upper 150's to be at 10%. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to go lower. I found some pics of when I was working with 3DMJ and probably at my best muscular wise to fat. I'll upload photos to next post so this one doesn't get long. Let me know what you think of muscle wise etc from the next post's pics. If there is anyway I can make this log better, let me know! You are awesome and keep up the good work..

3-23-19 Day 6!
    Weighed in at 226.8 which I knew I would since I ate about 400 cals i had left over at bed time. Today was hectic. I woke up at 5:30am to get ready for work (12 hr shift Saturday and Sunday) and did not get off till 8pm. We had 3 emergent crisis's happening at once including one death so it was chaotic and stressful. I did fine sticking to my goals. The nurses ordered chinese delivery and I didn't eat one thing. We even got fruit later from family of a patient and I didn't touch those either. I needed to save calories for when I got home. I did eat about 275 calories over but I also put in 12k steps when my normal is 4-6k plus being very active during work. Ended the day at 2184 calories (76G Fat, 230G carbs, and 145G protein). I tried to do some searching for photos of my first ever cut in 2012 and only found a few with a shirt on. I did find previous pictures of about 3 years ago before I moved overseas when I was working with Coach Brad at 3DMJ. Pics are below.
    Last edited by PuppyLife; 03-23-2019 at 09:28 PM.

This was about 3 years ago. My very first cut I went to 220 to 175 in about 3 months during 2012. Fast forward about 3 years I was at this point 186 lbs. 5'7. Let me know if embeding all these images are okay or if I should just make them as attachments. I am kind of astounded that I let myself go really. It is so easy even though you put in a ton of hard work. If I would've kept on, I would've been a beast.

Last edited by PuppyLife; 03-23-2019 at 09:30 PM.

3-24-19 Day 7

I weighed in at 227 which I kind of knew I would saying I ate about 40G more carbs right before bedtime. I did the same tonight since I got home late from the hospital. Today was probably one of the worst work days I had. Its just non stop go go go. I put in 12.5k steps in 12 hours plus lots of lifting patients etc. I am keeping this short and simple. I wasn't even phased by the donuts and cookies the nurses brought. I even sat right next to the box's and didn't even care or had a desire to take one. It crossed my mind but I just let that thought slide and not engage in anyway. The desire was simply not there. That was my win for the day. Calories: 1995 (55G fat, 235 G carbs, 140 G protein). Some may wonder why i am not doing .7 G protein per pound. I don't really think it is neccesary especially being high body fat. Some say per pound and others say LBM. I personally go by LBM. My belief is that 20g protein isn't gonna make much of a difference and there is absolutely no need for 180G atleast for where I am at fitness wise. If anything I should hit 160G. Eventually it will average out to be that since some days are higher than others. The goal for right now is 140 since I do function better with more carbs. I've been really keeping in mind of those pics I posted above this reply cause they are super motivating for me. I almost didn't eat my 400 kcal supper tonight cause I wanted it to go towards the deficit, but I know I already am in a pretty big deficit. I can't wait to get to the gym tomorow.

3-24-19 Day 7

I weighed in at 227 which I kind of knew I would saying I ate about 40G more carbs right before bedtime. I did the same tonight since I got home late from the hospital. Today was probably one of the worst work days I had. Its just non stop go go go. I put in 12.5k steps in 12 hours plus lots of lifting patients etc. I am keeping this short and simple. I wasn't even phased by the donuts and cookies the nurses brought. I even sat right next to the box's and didn't even care or had a desire to take one. It crossed my mind but I just let that thought slide and not engage in anyway. The desire was simply not there. That was my win for the day. Calories: 1995 (55G fat, 235 G carbs, 140 G protein). Some may wonder why i am not doing .7 G protein per pound. I don't really think it is neccesary especially being high body fat. Some say per pound and others say LBM. I personally go by LBM. My belief is that 20g protein isn't gonna make much of a difference and there is absolutely no need for 180G atleast for where I am at fitness wise. If anything I should hit 160G. Eventually it will average out to be that since some days are higher than others. The goal for right now is 140 since I do function better with more carbs. I've been really keeping in mind of those pics I posted above this reply cause they are super motivating for me. I almost didn't eat my 400 kcal supper tonight cause I wanted it to go towards the deficit, but I know I already am in a pretty big deficit. I can't wait to get to the gym tomorow.
    Awesome man. The hurdles will only get easier. I wouldn't worry too much about the protein intake either as long as you keep it where it is now.

Awesome man. The hurdles will only get easier. I wouldn't worry too much about the protein intake either as long as you keep it where it is now.

3-25-19 Day 9 (Im getting this on the same page as my 3DMJ log) I started cutting a few days before i made this log.

For sure. I took some progress pics and 10 days into my cut and I see a bit of change already. Not too much since I am higher BF%. I will see a much bigger change in the next couple weeks. Leg day was great and I plowed right through it. Its starting to get more challenging which is awesome. Did about 20 minutes of cardio machines moderate pace and burned ~ 190 kcal. I went out on a date at a steakhouse (already knew exactly what I was gonna eat). Ate a nice 8 oz sirloin steak with asparagus and a sweet potato (scraped off most of the butter they put on it when I requested on the side). I had about 1.1k calories saved up for it. I was right on my calorie target goal till the date came over to my place. Things got a little wild for an extended period of time and so I was exhausted and hungry. Had to eat something. Still a bit hungry.

Weighed in at 225.2 this morning which is about 2.2 lbs from yesterday. Ended my day at 2484 calories (88G Fat, 241G carbs, 182G protein). Will probably see a bit of water weight tomorow due to sodium retention. We will see.

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats on the progress. Sodium always jacks with my weight. I can pretty much count on a pound or two extra the day after eating Asian food (I love soy sauce). Congrats also on nursing school. My wife is a nurse and I saw how hard it was when she was in college. Keep up the good work.
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

Originally Posted by TheUnderdog83 View Post
    Congrats on the progress. Sodium always jacks with my weight. I can pretty much count on a pound or two extra the day after eating Asian food (I love soy sauce). Congrats also on nursing school. My wife is a nurse and I saw how hard it was when she was in college. Keep up the good work.
    Nursing school is hard AF. Props to anyone who passes it srs. Can't wait to be done and close this chapter of my life. Lots of work to be done still. I am actually surprised that my weight went down.

03-26-19 Day 10.

Weighed in at 224.6 (down from yesterday despite having tons of sodium). Workout was good except I progressed to far on an accessory. Will have to bring in the wrist weights for dumbbells so I don't always have to jump up 5lbs with dumbbells each week. Practiced some lap swimming right after my workout and did a bit too much. Could hardly walk afterwards LOL. Had another swimming class later that evening. Was able to pratice my mandarin speaking skills when I went into the hot tub cause there was a chinese woman. Felt pretty good cause all the white guys stared. No one expects a white half ging to speak mandarin. I should've ate more today but lets see if I can make it through the night with all that activity and on a lower intake than I am used too.

Calories: 1727 (43g Fat, 191g Carbs, 144g Protein)

Wasn't able to update this yesterday due to studying for an important nursing exam that I passed today

3-27-19 Day 11. Weighed in at 224.6. It was kind of a weird day as it was an off day from the gym that I very much needed for rest, and I had an exam that I needed to study for the next day. Ended up spending atleast 4 hours on that. Met a girl off of tinder, gave her number right away. Met up later that evening for drinks. Spent quite a bit of time talking which was fun. Only had two mixed drinks (rum with diet coke) so hardly any calories. I feel like shes gonna want a relationship right away and very much into me. I'm not really looking for commitment right now, however, it would be nice to be able to spend time with someone and potentially get more friends. So I'll go out with her on Friday and go from there.

Calories: 1778 (49g Fat, 177g Carbs, 164g Protein)

3-28-19 Day 12

Weighed in at 223.4 down a bit over a lb from yesterday. Getting close to 220's which I am excited to be under finally. Workout was great, happy that deadlifting felt pretty good. Been trying to work on perfect form before I put a lot of weight on. Went over to that chick's house and I am thinking she wants a serious relationship when I don't at this time so we will see. I'll eventually have to tell her that I can't have anything serious right now or that can distract me from school and fitness at this time.

Calories- 1951 (51g fat, 200g carbs, 173g protein)

GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GJM753 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep up the good work man, you're doing a great job, i'm on the same journey as you, in fact we don't look much apart ha! I started at 208 lbs and now down to 195 lbs, just taking one day at a time, i had some issues with beer, every night i would have beers and i knew i had to kick the habit, it's now been 41 days since i had a drink and feeling great for it,

just taking one day at a time, trying to make the right choices to be that better person,

Will be following your journey.... we can do this..
    One Day At A Time

Following All Pro's Beginner's workout

3-29-19

Day 13
    Wi
    Today went pretty well. I passed another nursing exam that I need for graduation so I was pretty happy about that. Workout was great. This will be my deload. I will have the next two days off, but I think I will do a cardio day. My calves are very very sore so I gotta rest the muscles a bit. Went out with friends and had about two mixed drinks with diet coke, then drank diet coke the rest of the night. Friends made fun of me of course, but oh well. Got a pretty hot woman coming over to my place tomorow for supper. Shes into fitness and goes to the gym every day. I'm kind of nervous cause I'm not into the best shape, but she knows that I am into bodybuilding and that I will get results. We go to the same gym so lets see how this goes. I gotta be witty.

Calories- 1634 (42g Fat, 200G carbs, 114g Protein)

Originally Posted by GJM753 View Post
    Keep up the good work man, you're doing a great job, i'm on the same journey as you, in fact we don't look much apart ha! I started at 208 lbs and now down to 195 lbs, just taking one day at a time, i had some issues with beer, every night i would have beers and i knew i had to kick the habit, it's now been 41 days since i had a drink and feeling great for it,

just taking one day at a time, trying to make the right choices to be that better person,

Will be following your journey.... we can do this..
    Thanks man! I will def check out your progress as well. Yeah its good to take it one day at a time. I get impatient sometimes to get back to where I once was. Good job on getting the alcohol out of the diet! It literally useless calories. This definately has to be a lifestyle change. I DO NOT want to get back to 235 where I was in february. Thankfully I am somewhat naturally buff so that it doesn't look too bad being fat. We will make it!

Buddy505 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats Keep it up!

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    3-29-19

Day 13
    Wi
    Today went pretty well. I passed another nursing exam that I need for graduation so I was pretty happy about that. Workout was great. This will be my deload. I will have the next two days off, but I think I will do a cardio day. My calves are very very sore so I gotta rest the muscles a bit. Went out with friends and had about two mixed drinks with diet coke, then drank diet coke the rest of the night. Friends made fun of me of course, but oh well. Got a pretty hot woman coming over to my place tomorow for supper. Shes into fitness and goes to the gym every day. I'm kind of nervous cause I'm not into the best shape, but she knows that I am into bodybuilding and that I will get results. We go to the same gym so lets see how this goes. I gotta be witty.

Calories- 1634 (42g Fat, 200G carbs, 114g Protein)
    How did the date go?
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

Originally Posted by TheUnderdog83 View Post
    How did the date go?

3-30-2019 Day 14 (didn't update last night since I was out super late last night.

Today went pretty well. I had a ton of errands to do as well as a date with a woman that goes to my gym which was kind of lame. I had better dates with more average women. I weighed in at 221.8 which is down over a lb and half. I love those whooshes. The date came over to my place we cooked a healthier pizza and just hung out. She ended up going to the bathroom saying she has to go cause she is having her "female problems" which was her period. She left pretty quickly. I was kind of shocked and didn't know what to say LOL. Never had that happen before. She ends up texting me sorry and text a tiny bit and forth. I was like man I need a drink so I called up my friend that we have been FWB's for some time but actually do enjoy conversation so we went out. I drank a long island as well as a couple mixed drinks. While I was out the previous date calls me and I didnt awnser. I called her back and it was by accident but it indeed wasn't a bail but rather her period. She's going out to Oregon for a couple weeks and leaves on Thursday so I highly doubt I will want to go further in anyway. She did admit to liking the attention from guys. I made another healthy pizza at 4 am and that was a totally bad decision. Put me over my calories, but I also way overexxergated the drinking calories as well so I ended up with

2813 Kcal (113g Fat, 226 G Carbs, 223 G protein). Funny thing is I weighed myself this morning and I am still 221.8

Originally Posted by Buddy505 View Post
    Congrats Keep it up!
    Thanks man I appreciate it! Got big goals and lot of motivation to accomplish it!

Day 15

221.8 lbs

Was pretty surprised to see my weight the same as yesterday despite eating quite a bit more. Ended the day at 1608 calories which is pretty low for me, but I want to try to speed this up a bit. Will still hit a goal of 1900 calories but I was pretty sedetary due to studying for an exam tomorow. I did notice I was feeling a bit depressed and isolated. It's been on my mind that I do want friends that I can go do things with. I'm not socially awkward or a FA, I was super active in church my entire life, and I stopped going due to some things happening in my life. its been in my thoughts that I may need to become active in that again since thats where I made all my friends in the past.

I had another day off from working out. My calves have been incredibly sore almost cramplike soreness. It could be I wore them out on my DL day, or it could be a lack of getting potassium in recently. Made some potatoes for the next couple days so we will see.

Day 15

221.8 lbs

Was pretty surprised to see my weight the same as yesterday despite eating quite a bit more. Ended the day at 1608 calories which is pretty low for me, but I want to try to speed this up a bit. Will still hit a goal of 1900 calories but I was pretty sedetary due to studying for an exam tomorow. I did notice I was feeling a bit depressed and isolated. It's been on my mind that I do want friends that I can go do things with. I'm not socially awkward or a FA, I was super active in church my entire life, and I stopped going due to some things happening in my life. its been in my thoughts that I may need to become active in that again since thats where I made all my friends in the past.

I had another day off from working out. My calves have been incredibly sore almost cramplike soreness. It could be I wore them out on my DL day, or it could be a lack of getting potassium in recently. Made some potatoes for the next couple days so we will see.
    Are you doing any calf specific exercises, or have you been jogging lately. DL never seem to affect my calves.