IAmMinsky is on a distinguished road. (+10)

what should I do? bulk or cut?

Height: 174 (cm)
    Weight: 78.5 (kg)

I've been told that I'm 19% BF and got a suggestion to add mass. I understand that I don't have much mass and it's kind of bad to cut without enough mass.

So what I'm doing right now (was trying to cut):
    My workout:
    I'm doing A, B, C - workout 4 times a week (my gym is open only 4 times a week).
    I'm doing: A - Chest and Biceps
    B - Back (including Deadlift) and Triceps
    C - Legs and Shoulders

My eating:
    I'm currently eating around 1700-1800 calories with at least 150g protein, 100g carb and 50g fat (give or take).

Should I go for mass? if yes, can someone suggest me how much to eat?
    If no, what should I do? (I'm kind of stuck on the same weight for over a month now).
    Attached Images

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you've been the same weight for a month you are eating at maintenance, which basically tells me that you're not really eating 1700-1800 calories, you're eating quite a bit more than that. You're probably not weighing every single thing you eat down to the gram. Start weighing your food on a food scale.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

You could probably stand to lose another 20 lbs, then go on a long slow lean bulk.

Also, get on a real lifting program that focuses on progressive overload, there are plenty of free ones in the Workout Program Forum stickies.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    If you've been the same weight for a month you are eating at maintenance, which basically tells me that you're not really eating 1700-1800 calories, you're eating quite a bit more than that. You're probably not weighing every single thing you eat down to the gram. Start weighing your food on a food scale.

You could probably stand to lose another 20 lbs, then go on a long slow lean bulk.

Also, get on a real lifting program that focuses on progressive overload, there are plenty of free ones in the Workout Program Forum stickies.
    Alright, so I'll start with a strict measuring on the food. I'll aim for 1700: how much carb should I eat?
    Regarding the workouts, should I do runs as well? I'm doing 4 times a week weights but no running. If yes, how much should I do?

Thank you.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IAmMinsky View Post
    Alright, so I'll start with a strict measuring on the food. I'll aim for 1700: how much carb should I eat?
    Regarding the workouts, should I do runs as well? I'm doing 4 times a week weights but no running. If yes, how much should I do?

Thank you.
    Read the link I posted, its very clear how to set up your macros.

If you want to do cardio, do cardio... Cardio burns calories (not fat) and can help increase your caloric deficit, but it can also increase your appetite. Its completely up to you if you want to do it and how you want to fit it in to your schedule.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Registered User lifted07duramax's Avatar
    lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10) lifted07duramax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Clean bulk!!!! The fat will drop and youll gain mass which will be dropping you BF% twice as fast.

At your point eat lots of wheat bread tuna sandwiches, roast beef, and turkey sandwiches. Veggies, greek yogurt and so on.

And get in the gym, pick any routine. Id start with a 10-12 rep scheme that you can easily find a million of them online.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lifted07duramax View Post
    Clean bulk!!!! The fat will drop and youll gain mass which will be dropping you BF% twice as fast.

At your point eat lots of wheat bread tuna sandwiches, roast beef, and turkey sandwiches. Veggies, greek yogurt and so on.

And get in the gym, pick any routine. Id start with a 10-12 rep scheme that you can easily find a million of them online.
    Clean bulk does nothing unless you like soapy food, it is simply calories in vs calories out. And even if it did bulking refers to eating in a surplus you won't drop fat whilst in a surplus no matter how 'clean' your diet is.

As for the rest of what your have put, simply eat to get your macros and micros then fill the rest of your calories how you like no set foods are required this a lifestyle not a menu and for weight training I am a strong believer in following a proven progressive training program based on your own level so I would advise following one of the stickies or a proven program such as Starting strength, Welder 5/3/1 etc

I've set myfitnesspal to 1700 calorie on the following order: 170g protien, 100g carb, 65g fat.
    My question is: Is it too low of crab? because I feel like it.

Can anyone suggest me of how much should I eat?
    Reminder: I'm working out 4 days a week; don't have any active days besides that (I'm a student).
    Thank you.

Your fats are just slightly low, 0.4g per lb of bodyweight is the recommended minimum, I would raise to at least 75g.

You could definitely fit a bit more carbs in. I don't really believe that you need to be at 1700 cals, you could probably start slightly higher than that (2000) and adjust down as required.

Your fats are just slightly low, 0.4g per lb of bodyweight is the recommended minimum, I would raise to at least 75g.

You could definitely fit a bit more carbs in. I don't really believe that you need to be at 1700 cals, you could probably start slightly higher than that (2000) and adjust down as required.
    I've set it on 1950; 150g carb, 75g fat, 170g protein.
    Do you think it's ok? I'll probably won't lose any weight on the first or two week though right?

I've set it on 1950; 150g carb, 75g fat, 170g protein.
    Do you think it's ok? I'll probably won't lose any weight on the first or two week though right?
    Looks fine as a starting point. If you're in a caloric deficit you'll lose weight. If you get sloppy with your tracking, or incorporate cheat meals and don't count them, alcohol, etc. then all bets are off.

Be diligent about weighing, counting, tracking EVERY SINGLE THING.

Looks fine as a starting point. If you're in a caloric deficit you'll lose weight. If you get sloppy with your tracking, or incorporate cheat meals and don't count them, alcohol, etc. then all bets are off.

Be diligent about weighing, counting, tracking EVERY SINGLE THING.
    Say I'm eating 1950 calories and I weight myself and don't see any weight loss, when do I cut more? How much do I "wait" to confirm that I'm indeed not losing any more weight? I usually weight myself once a week (Friday).

Say I'm eating 1950 calories and I weight myself and don't see any weight loss, when do I cut more? How much do I "wait" to confirm that I'm indeed not losing any more weight? I usually weight myself once a week (Friday).
    Weigh yourself EVERY SINGLE DAY, first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom, then take the average of the entire week... Then week 2 to the same thing again, weigh yourself every day, and take the average of week 2. If your average from week 1 to week 2 drops then you know you're in a deficit.

Weigh yourself EVERY SINGLE DAY, first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom, then take the average of the entire week... Then week 2 to the same thing again, weigh yourself every day, and take the average of week 2. If your average from week 1 to week 2 drops then you know you're in a deficit.
    Thank you!