Closed Thread

Thread: Need advice

logan0mega is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Need advice

I’m new to going to the gym and need advice on how to achieve my goals, i’ll Try to keep this short. I currently weigh 162 pounds and am 5’9 but I wouldn’t say I’m in the best physical shape. My goal is to burn most of the fat in my midsection and chest area. So basically losing a bit more weight and building muscle. I know that both basically can’t be done at the same time while one restricts your diet and the other having you consume more calories. I want to know if I can still build muscle on a 1800 to 2000 calories a day diet. And if it is okay to be doing atleast 1 hour and 50 minutes of cardio a week on top of weight training. I don’t want to hurt my progress for the first 2 months by doing too much cardio. I honestly have no idea what I’m doing lol. Please help.
    Last edited by logan0mega; 10-17-2018 at 07:05 AM.

FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100) FitnessTipsters is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by logan0mega View Post
    I’m new to going to the gym and need advice on how to achieve my goals, i’ll Try to keep this short. I currently weigh 162 pounds and am 5’9 but I wouldn’t say I’m in the best physical shape. My goal is to burn most of the fat in my midsection and chest area. So basically losing a bit more weight and building muscle. I know that both basically can’t be done at the same time while on restricts your diet and the other having you consume more calories. I want to know if I can still build muscle on a 1800 to 2000 calories a day diet. And if it is okay to be doing atleast 1 hour and 50 minutes of cardio a week on top of weight training. I don’t want to hurt my progress for the first 2 months by doing too much cardio. I honestly have no idea what I’m doing lol. Please help.
    Eat in a slight deficit -200 calories.Do HIIT cardio dont do joggin and go to the gym 3-5 times per week

logan0mega is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thank you

So what do you reccomend in terms of HIIT Cardio? Like what exercise is best? Should I do it Before or post strength training? Should I only do it Once a week? And One more question, is 60 to 70 grams of protein enough to build muscle? Thank you very much by the way.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP- Go read the stickies pinned to the top of the Nutritional forum. You don't "guess" caloric/macro intake. Go read how to figure what you need to reach your goal.

ETA: You can't lose fat in specific areas, so forget that. Also, go to the Workout Programs forum, pick a full body from the stickies.
    Old, but not obsolete.
    Geezer Crew

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by logan0mega View Post
    I’m new to going to the gym and need advice on how to achieve my goals, i’ll Try to keep this short. I currently weigh 162 pounds and am 5’9 but I wouldn’t say I’m in the best physical shape. My goal is to burn most of the fat in my midsection and chest area. So basically losing a bit more weight and building muscle. I know that both basically can’t be done at the same time while one restricts your diet and the other having you consume more calories. I want to know if I can still build muscle on a 1800 to 2000 calories a day diet. And if it is okay to be doing atleast 1 hour and 50 minutes of cardio a week on top of weight training. I don’t want to hurt my progress for the first 2 months by doing too much cardio. I honestly have no idea what I’m doing lol. Please help.
    I wish spot reduction was a thing, but unfortunately it isn't.
    You CAN build muscle on a calorie deficit, but it'll be a lot slower coming.
    If you're eating in a deficit, doing 2 hours of cardio a week, AND hoping to gain any significant amount of muscle? That's a little more like wishful thinking.
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

tpsam18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How many weeks a day should I do cardio/hilt .. I just started running .. but I need to know what to do to my workout routine ?
    advertising not permitted.

T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T0rM3nTeD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tpsam18 View Post
    How many weeks a day should I do cardio/hilt .. I just started running .. but I need to know what to do to my workout routine ?
    You should make your own thread. What are your goals? And your height/weight/age? Nobody can tell you how much cardio or strength training to do if nobody knows anything about you. The advice would be much different if you're 250lbs trying to lose weight, vs 125lbs trying to get strong AF.