Thread: Advice needed

jen362000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice needed

I have a female client who has been working out for years. She lifts heavy! She has been training with me for about 3 months now more for accountability. She has been trying to lose weight but the scale hasn’t been moving. (We haven’t tracked Body Fat yet...she hasn’t gone to get it done). She was eating way too little. Barely 1200 calories a day and she’s 32, 5’5, 174. So I upped her nutrition and gave her macros to follow. We also switched up her training and started incorporating more plyometric and cardio. With all of these changes she has fluctuated within a few pounds. Might lose 1 pound one week and gain 2 the next. What gives? I’m concerned she may need her thyroid checked. She also has high cortisol levels (im assuming due to her stressful job). Any advice is much appreciated!!!!

Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Check stress levels.
    Make her take down time.
    Cortisol will keep your weight the same or gain weight.
    Exercise is a stressor on the body much like work stress or family stress.

My guess is this client doesn't take "Me time" enough.
    Do you like dragons?
    Cause' Imma be draggin' these balls across your face.

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    She's lying about how much food she's eating. No one is immune to the laws of science. If she had really been eating that little, she wouldn't weigh 174lbs. She likely has some deep rooted eating disorders and is lying to you about it.
    YOU > Bladen

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Food diary. Take a photo of each meal, everything consumed, even water. She'll do it for about three days and go, "oh..."

Make sure you're working within your scope of practice with nutrition advice. The government health recommendations are sufficient for most healthy people's needs.

Registered User 228peterjohnson's Avatar
    228peterjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you should to write all meals which you ate, and every evening calculate it

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Notice how people ask us these questions and then never give us any followup?

It's great how they like to give back to the community. This is one of the reasons only 20% last five years.

Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Track the calories, Track the calories and most importantly.....Track the calories. I have been through this with most of my clients. They all believe they are eating better and moving more but eating better does not always equal eating less calories. When a client is new or getting back into fitness most of them assume because they are strength training 3X a week and eating salads and chicken then the weight should just melt off. That is true if they are burning more calories than taking in but for the most part the calories are just too high. Try and help them understand that tracking is key and just guessing is just that, guessing and if the weight isnt coming off like it should, 1-2lbs a week, then they are either overestimating calories out or underestimating calories in. Good luck man and keep us posted on what happens.

pixzee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ditto...