moreisbetter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training program

Hi,
    i workout 4 times a week for an hour and a half each session, and i take nitrotech and eat lots of protein. this is my training program each week:

Day 1: shoulders - biceps - abs/obliques
    Day2: back - triceps - abs/obliques
    Day3: chest - biceps - abs/obliques
    Day 4: legs - triceps- abs/obliques

Each exercise consists of 4 sets of 8-10 reps.
    Main muscle (chest - back - shoulders - legs) 6 exercises per day - secondary muscle (biceps triceps) 3 exercises per day - abs/obliques 4 exercises per day.

I have lost about 15kgs in 3 months of fat and gained about 4% muscle mass.

Any tips about that program?
    Thanks!

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This isn't a routine,its a list of body parts assigned to different days. Post the actual routine with all the exercises on each day, sets, reps, deloading protocol and any other necessary info.

Even without seeing the routine, I can already tell you that you've got a bunch of problems here. Doing all your movements in the same rep range when you have both compounds and smaller movements isn't a good idea. Reps are too high for heavy compounds too. Sounds like there could be too much volume. The only body parts getting more than 1x a week frequency are shoulders and arms, which is not what you want.

What do you squat,bench and deadlift? And what's your current body weight? If you don't know your 1RMs for these then give us your working weights with their respective rep ranges.
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

This is just an example every 3-4 weeks i switch exercises.

Shoulders: dumbell/barbell press - front press - front raise - lateral raise - rear delts - shrugs

Back: pull ups - pull down- deadlift - bent over row - t-bar - straight arm pulldown

Chest: bench press - incline press - decline press - dips - cable flyes - incline flyes.

Legs: barbell squats - barbell lunges - leg press - leg extension - leg curls - calf raises

Biceps: dumbell curles/barbell curles - hammer curles - cable curles (not the same exercises twice a week)

Tricpes: skull crusher - overhead dumbell - cable pushdown (not the same exercises twice a week)

Every 2 weeks i include dropdown sets.

In 3 months training i bench press 155lbs - squat 185lbs - deadlift 155lbs (4 sets of 8)

I’m 180cm and weigh 80kgs.

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wayyyyyyyyyyy too many issues here. Ditch it and get on a proper novice full body routine, I'd suggest Fierce 5 or Vikings.

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

Can you state the issues with the routine? Taling into consideration that i take lots of protein. Because i did lose the fat and gained a good amount of muscle fairly quickly

Originally Posted by moreisbetter View Post
    Can you state the issues with the routine? Taling into consideration that i take lots of protein. Because i did lose the fat and gained a good amount of muscle fairly quickly
    Novices will respond to basically anything, that doesn't make it the most optimal way to do things,nor the simplest. Furthermore, these issues can't be simply fixed without a decent knowledge of exercise programming and has already been done to develop routines such as the ones I mentioned.

As I formerly stated :

-Frequency is messed up (low when it needs to be high, high when it doesn't have to be high)
    -Rep ranges aren't modified to suit the exercises.
    -Volume is unnecessarily high.

These things that I stated before should be enough to drop it. But in addition to that :

- Vertical push : pull ratio is imbalanced
    - Overall push : pull ratio is imbalanced
    - Quad : hamstring ratio is imbalanced
    - Unnecessary drop sets
    - Unnecessary rotation of exercises
    - Too much pointless volume accumulated through unnecessary isolations

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rsid97 View Post
    Novices will respond to basically anything, that doesn't make it the most optimal way to do things,nor the simplest. Furthermore, these issues can't be simply fixed without a decent knowledge of exercise programming and has already been done to develop routines such as the ones I mentioned.

As I formerly stated :

-Frequency is messed up (low when it needs to be high, high when it doesn't have to be high)
    -Rep ranges aren't modified to suit the exercises.
    -Volume is unnecessarily high.

These things that I stated before should be enough to drop it. But in addition to that :

- Vertical push : pull ratio is imbalanced
    - Overall push : pull ratio is imbalanced
    - Quad : hamstring ratio is imbalanced
    - Unnecessary drop sets
    - Unnecessary rotation of exercises
    - Too much pointless volume accumulated through unnecessary isolations
    This.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).