JV53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sorinex Dark Horse Vs Rogue Rml690

I am looking to purchase a power rack with weight storage. I currently have a Rogue S2 and have no issues but want the weight storage and a full rack due to working out alone in my garage.

I am looking at the sorinex dark horse or the rogue rml690 (would get the 30”squat depth to save space). Other than the amount of attachments the rogue can have is there any reason one is better than the other? Pricing them out the sorinex is a few hundred dollars cheaper if getting the base rack with safety straps for both. Any suggestions would be great. I have searched the forums and read the reviews would like to see if anyone has direct comparisons.

Thanks

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Even though Sorinex went up quite a bit in price compared to what they used to be for the Dark Horse and despite it not being a bolt-together frame (Which I sort of prefer just in case I would have to move it somewhere else at some point), if those are your two set choices then I would go with the DH over the RML-690 simply because I don't care for Westside hole spacing and prefer 1.5", or 2" spacing on the power racks in my opinion (Some love Westside hole spacing, especially if they train with a bunch of different lifters of different sizes for a more personalized fit/options), but for me since I primarily train alone, I never felt I needed that many options and it's a bit of a pain to adjust the safeties when spacing is so close together in the 1" spaced area (I used to own the Elitefts 2X2 rack which had the Westside hole spacing, but sold it for funds towards my custom rack at the time).

When I got my custom power rack at the time, I sort of picked the options modeled after some of the DH features and some of the Rogue's R-6 features, while dodging some of the stuff I didn't want out of the both of them.

Another nice feature of the DH is that you get their 1" hardware J-hooks and safeties which are beefier if you like the indestructible look of those (Although 5/8" hardware is strong enough itself and will never break down neither).

Thanks for the input, I agree about westside spacing. I don’t dislike it, but it certainly isn’t a must have. Ideally I’d love to get the Rogue RM6 or sorinex xl but they are both pretty pricey. I thought about getting the RM3 for the bolt together option and buying the sorinex dark horse extension but do not know if the would be compatible.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Which attachments do you want (or which compatible attachments do you think you might want in the future)?

Did you compare prices to this 3x3 11g one?
    https://www.repfitness.com/strength-...0-with-storage

Not many attachments, dip bar, bar holders, and monkey chin bar nothing fancy. I looked at the repfitness rack, but haven’t seen any reviews on it or the quality of it. I know both rogue and sorinex are great quality racks and solid companies.

Also when adding all the attachments I want initially they rep and sorinex are essentially the same price. Any advantage to the rep over sorinex?
    Last edited by JV53; 01-31-2018 at 04:28 PM.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JV53 View Post
    Not many attachments, dip bar, bar holders, and monkey chin bar nothing fancy. I looked at the repfitness rack, but haven’t seen any reviews on it or the quality of it. I know both rogue and sorinex are great quality racks and solid companies.
    It used to be called the CPR1. One guy had positive things to say about it here and posted pictures here. I haven't priced it out recently so I don't know if it is any cheaper with those attachments and shipping.

Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Also when adding all the attachments I want initially they rep and sorinex are essentially the same price. Any advantage to the rep over sorinex?
    long time lurker checking in. I finally made the switch to a home gym and decided to go with the Rep rack with weight storage and all the accessories. Cost was a lot less than Sorinex when I looked at them, but big advantage to Rep is how quick they are. I ordered late night on a Sunday and everything showed up at noon on Thursday. I've heard lots of long waiting stories for Sorinex racks.

Let me know if you have any questions about the Rep rack. I haven't seen any other home gym type options in person, so can't make any direct comparisons but from what I've seen in reviews on here the QC is better than Titan but not as good as Rogue. Some of my side connectors had minor surface rust, but everything was really well packed and no damage from shipping. Minor scratches through the powder coat that looked to be from before packing. And as some have noted on the competition bench, lots of little 'sand' falling out of everywhere when I unpacked everything.

Only major issues: Rep doesn't have any shims to help level the rack if you aren't building a platform, but Titan's shims fit the feet perfectly. The 'squat area' of the rack has a max bar height of 62" which is waaaaay to low for me. But I am pretty tall, and Rep doesn't have any 5/8" J-cups to use higher up (they only come with the 1" sandwich ones) so I ordered some Rogue Monster Lite sandwich J-cups and they fit perfectly higher up so I can squat now (but the Rogue don't have UHMV lining like Rep's do).

Thanks for the info. I noticed the h9les don’t go up very high and that was one of the reasons I am a little hesitant on the rep rack. Do you have any close up pictures of the rack?

Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ralphasu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sure, what do you want to see? I can't link pictures yet but here's a few. Rogue J-cup is much longer, neater welds but only 3 spots. Rep J-cup has uglier welds but the whole length. Storage posts have ugly welds on the end, 1 I show also had a bump on it that is kinds annoying (but put that up high so it's on the change plates I rarely use). Storage posts do have a rubber bumper to keep the weights off the bolt heads (Rogue's don't). And max squat bar height with Rep's J-cups is 62" but I was able to get it up where I needed with the Rogue J-cups.

20180203_111302.jpg20180203_111315.jpg20180203_111335.jpg20180203_111709.jpg20180203_111818.jpg20180203_111846.jpg

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m not understanding why you can’t raise the hooks higher than 62”. The pictures you posted looks like you have holes higher than that.

Nice rack BTW.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I’m not understanding why you can’t raise the hooks higher than 62”. The pictures you posted looks like you have holes higher than that.

Nice rack BTW.
    62" is the highest the Rep sandwich J-cup which fits the 1" holes can go. those higher holes are 5/8" and i was able to use Rogue Monster Lite sandwich J-cups to get it higher (66.5" which is almost perfect for me). Rep rack is like a hybrid of Rogue ML/M lines. It uses 5/8" hardware but has 1" accessories. so on the front there is 1" holes only in the middle area of the upright posts, while top and bottom areas are only 5/8", but then the sides of the post are alternating 1" and 5/8" holes.

Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I’d buy the Sorinex, cheaper and you will be different. My rack is Rogue (RM-6), I’m super happy with it but Sorinex looks top notch. I just saw a pic of the owner/president of Sorinex and some of his workers at a carbine class, they are Patriots and I like that.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ralphasu View Post
    62" is the highest the Rep sandwich J-cup which fits the 1" holes can go. those higher holes are 5/8" and i was able to use Rogue Monster Lite sandwich J-cups to get it higher (66.5" which is almost perfect for me). Rep rack is like a hybrid of Rogue ML/M lines. It uses 5/8" hardware but has 1" accessories. so on the front there is 1" holes only in the middle area of the upright posts, while top and bottom areas are only 5/8", but then the sides of the post are alternating 1" and 5/8" holes.
    Thanks, I didn't realize that . Also, I've never even been aware of racks with different sized holes.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000) tonypearn is just really nice. (+1000)
    I will throw another option out there for you. I was in same boat as you, sort of. I actually had a monster lite rack and sold it to get a Reflex or Legend rack but I am leaning towards Dynamic fitness now. They look amazing and have more options than Rogue and the prices are about the same with more. Now I am just trying to figure out which model I want from them. They do not post the prices but I emailed them and they responded the same day. I may give them a call next week and talk about a few options etc.. and weigh it out more so I can decide. But I think they are up there with Reflex/Sorenix and do lots of colleges and sports teams as well.

I actually have been looking at a few other options and the Dynamic Fitness Titan Half Rack is one of them. Just no reviews so a little cautious but they look solid. I also have been looking at the Sorinex Xl Half Rack and Sorinex Double Half Rack. So if I ever had more room I could use both sides similar to your other thread tony. But Sorinex is pretty slow in responding to emails but I am In no rush. I know the base price of the XL single is 1100, but just like dynamic I hate how they have no prices listed.

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bmad16 View Post
    I’d buy the Sorinex, cheaper and you will be different. My rack is Rogue (RM-6), I’m super happy with it but Sorinex looks top notch. I just saw a pic of the owner/president of Sorinex and some of his workers at a carbine class, they are Patriots and I like that.
    Yeah I love Rogue and am very happy with my stuff they've made, but EVERYBODY has them now and I'd love to start seeing some Sorinex around here. Quality-wise, I think they are both equal. Each do some things a little different, some better, but nothing ground-breakingly different. Both are awesome brands.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I also have been looking at the Sorinex Xl Half Rack and Sorinex Double Half Rack. So if I ever had more room I could use both sides similar to your other thread tony. But Sorinex is pretty slow in responding to emails but I am In no rush. I know the base price of the XL single is 1100, but just like dynamic I hate how they have no prices listed.
    Are you dealing with specific person at Sorinex? The response for my e-mails and calls was pretty quick
    [M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #35 ▪[M]===[6]

[]------[] York Barbell Club #80 (DD)[]-----[]

Wouldn't you want to use the same attachments all the way up & down the posts, especially monolift hooks which have to be mounted much higher up for squats and lower for benching? What is the advantage in having to buy other j-cups and attachments to be able to use the higher holes?

lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lsi1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP I know this doesn't apply to you as your looking for a 6 post rack but one of the things I didn't like about the rep was no weight storage for 4 post options.

I'd probably just get a step big and bore the upper holes out to 1 inch but still annoying.
    Best Lifts
    BP 255
    SQ 425
    DL 435
    OHP 195

Thanks for all the responses, another question I have is With the 30” squat depth can anyone tell me if two people would be able to work out at the same time? Would one person in the rack have enough room inside with a loaded bar racked on the front outside of the rack?

This is the reason I was also looking at the sorinex double half so I can have two people workout at the same time, but I don’t know if I have space for that either.

dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000) dukenukem7777 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm guessing no one 6'5"+ has bought our rack yet since no one has mentioned it! Looks like that's about the height you'd need to be to have the bar be below your shoulder height.

We did the 5/8" mix to avoid doing 1" hardware, which is ridiculous overkill and a pain to work with. We'll add 3 more 1" diameter holes to the uprights on this rack going forward for the giants out there.
    www.repfitness.com - Gym equipment manufacturer.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for all the responses, another question I have is With the 30” squat depth can anyone tell me if two people would be able to work out at the same time? Would one person in the rack have enough room inside with a loaded bar racked on the front outside of the rack?

This is the reason I was also looking at the sorinex double half so I can have two people workout at the same time, but I don’t know if I have space for that either.
    Do you mean two people squatting simultaneously?.

LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LittleHouse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Squatting? That's a little close for me and my buddies. If Rep would come out with safety spotter arms then I could see someone squatting inside and someone benching outside.

Yes I am asking if two people were squatting at the same time. I know you could just take weights on and off but that can be a pain if there is a big discrepancy in weight being used.

I actually prefer to not squat in a rack, but sometimes my wife and I lift at the same time so it would be nice to squat at the same time without having to take turns. I currently have a Rogue S2 squat stand which I like, but I want to have everything all in space. I also don’t want to take up my entire garage with a huge power rack so that is why I am looking at these two racks because the squat area is smaller and I can have the rear storage custom cut to save space.

If 30” is not big enough to squat with two people, I might just get an Rm4 and add storage post to the rear post.
    Last edited by JV53; 02-05-2018 at 03:02 PM.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes I am asking if two people were squatting at the same time. I know you could just take weights on and off but that can be a pain if there is a big discrepancy in weight being used.

I actually prefer to not squat in a rack, but sometimes my wife and I lift at the same time so it would be nice to squat at the same time without having to take turns. I currently have a Rogue S2 squat stand which I like, but I want to have everything all in space. I also don’t want to take up my entire garage with a huge power rack so that is why I am looking at these two racks because the squat area is smaller and I can have the rear storage custom cut to save space.

If 30” is not big enough to squat with two people, I might just get an Rm4 and add storage post to the rear post.
    If I understand correctly, 1 person squatting inside the rack, second squatting outside, with spotter arms?.

I think 30" depth would be fine, I'm just not sure I'd want someone squatting directly in front of me, I like to focus, so I'd probably find it distracting.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    If I understand correctly, 1 person squatting inside the rack, second squatting outside, with spotter arms?.

I think 30" depth would be fine, I'm just not sure I'd want someone squatting directly in front of me, I like to focus, so I'd probably find it distracting.
    Wouldn’t squat at the exact same time, just not having to load and unload weights between each person set. I don’t know if someone squatting inside the rack would hit the bar/weights racked on the front of the rack with a 30”depth inside the rack.

Wouldn’t squat at the exact same time, just not having to load and unload weights between each person set. I don’t know if someone squatting inside the rack would hit the bar/weights racked on the front of the rack with a 30”depth inside the rack.
    Well that's difficult to answer, it depends on the lifter in the rack, if they don't like to take too large a step back when unracking and if their form is tight, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've seen some big guys, squat some very heavy weight in a 24" rack without any issues.