Slice123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

17, skinny but want to change that.

Hello.

I'm 17 years old (6ft) and only got into going to the gym during the summer. I was going everyday but is has being slowing down since because there are some stuff I need help with. I'm skinny (Not sure how much a weigh because I don't have a scale :/) but skinny enough to fit finger around my wrist and for there to be room (I guess you could say bony because bones on my fingers and wrist are visible)

At first I thought I was an ectomorph because I would constantly be eating crisp and chocolate and put on no weight but I don't anymore. Okay on to my point:

Because I'm skinny I need to put on weight before I can build muscle. My typical meals for a day would be

Wake up: bowl of ceral

Lunch: Sandwhich, some treats (chocolate bars) and a pack a crisp

Dinner: Usually vegetables, some fish/pies/meat etc.

How can I go about gaining weight and also muscle, any recommended foods and how many meals I should have every day?

I bought "Whey Protein Shakes" as well and they should be here within a week.

Sorry if I dragged on. I don't really know what to say.

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bulking is all about just eating more.

I have a pretty similar diet to you.

Breakfast cereal: 1ltr of milk + around 180g of cereal. I started at a lot less and slowly worked my way up.

Lunch: 4 sandwhiches. Beef,cheese,egg,mayo,veggies. Worked my way up and slowly added whatever tasted good.

Dinner: whateva my mom cooked.

This was back when I was bulking and I would say was an easy 3000+ calories. Ofcourse It wasn't easy and I took a while to build up my appetite to get used to eating that much.

Protein shakes are pretty useless if you are already bulking and have a decent diet as you will be getting in more than enough protein.

Also no point bulking if you ain't working out.

How To Perform Basic Lifts

Routines
    Starting Strength
    Candito Linear Programs
    AllPro's Beginner Routine
    IceCream Fitness 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Viking's Bare Bones Series
    Towerbrah’s
    Powerlifting to Win
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

I'll definitely try and include more for my breakfast, however I was thinking:

Would it work if I were to have 4 eggs (scrambled) + 2 pieces of peanut butter toast + 1 pint of milk for breakfast,

A shake in between breakfast and lunch

Lunch will either be pasta with bacon or meats or eggs depending on if I'm at college or not.

A shake inbetween

And dinner is usually whatever my mum makes (usually veg and meats / chicken.)

However, what if I were to only have my breakfast meal at lunch also. Will that help put on weight or will I need to include some meats in there?

I would love to cook meats and veg for lunch also but because I go to college now and have an hour break (15 minutes to ride home and 15 to ride back to college) I just won't have time to make a meal like that which is why I think pasta and bacon works instead?

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was just giving an example of what worked for me. At the end of the day it's all about a caloric surplus. If you enjoy eating that food and are able to gain weight then by all means go ahead.

Also would be a good idea to invest in a weighing scale.

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

I wouldn't mind doing what I stated but I'm not sure if it's enough. I'm new to all of this stuff so I'm just wondering

Originally Posted by Slice123 View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing what I stated but I'm not sure if it's enough. I'm new to all of this stuff so I'm just wondering
    You could count calories but I and many others are too much of a fan of that since it's just a nuisance. So What I did is just gradually eat more and adjusted based on the readings on the scale. It's a lot of guessing work basically. Or if you want a more clear cut method then count your cals.

FMH Crew Little Beast

Just adding based on what I feel is happening to me seems like something I could do. Thanks for the help.

Registered User johnnysanchez10's Avatar
    johnnysanchez10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just keep eating more until you're putting on a constant weight amount. Remember it takes time so don't try and do it to fast. Let time run its course

jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacoberger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dont waste our time with all this **** people are saying. Ok Im a hard gainer but that changed quick. What I did for like 3 years was every 2-3 hours I would eat as much as I could and as nutritious as I couldnt until I felt the need to puke. I would eat chicken, broc****, beef, eggs, etc. Just eat like a ****ing machine

Originally Posted by jacoberger View Post
    Dont waste our time with all this **** people are saying. Ok Im a hard gainer but that changed quick. What I did for like 3 years was every 2-3 hours I would eat as much as I could and as nutritious as I couldnt until I felt the need to puke. I would eat chicken, broc****, beef, eggs, etc. Just eat like a ****ing machine
    I'm not able to eat every 2-3 hours however, I'm just trying to eat more during my meals, I don't know if I'm a hardgainer simply because I haven't been eating 3k calories for no more than 3 days now. I just hope I don't need to eat even more.

Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do like me and buy a crate of 5 dozen eggs and go wild. If you really want to gain weight drink half a gallon of milk a day.

Originally Posted by Gayle1 View Post
    Do like me and buy a crate of 5 dozen eggs and go wild. If you really want to gain weight drink half a gallon of milk a day.
    I could possible fit in some more eggs during the days but I couldn't eat too many more as I'm already struggling to eat what I'm giving myself at the moment as it's such a big change. But I already drink 3/4 pints of milk a day so upping that shouldn't be too bad.

Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayle1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I could possible fit in some more eggs during the days but I couldn't eat too many more as I'm already struggling to eat what I'm giving myself at the moment as it's such a big change. But I already drink 3/4 pints of milk a day so upping that shouldn't be too bad.
    Eat some for breakfast, cereal is garbage

Originally Posted by Gayle1 View Post
    Eat some for breakfast, cereal is garbage
    Yeah, I'm currently eating 4 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of toast with PB and a pint of milk for breakfast. However, I've been looking online and some people just just don't gain weight, I'm not sure if I'm one of them

gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000) gokitty199 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, I'm currently eating 4 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of toast with PB and a pint of milk for breakfast. However, I've been looking online and some people just just don't gain weight, I'm not sure if I'm one of them
    you can gain weight, you just need to eat MORE. also oats are really good, peanut butter sandwhiches, eggs, chicken, throw in some pizza and whatever you want. just make sure your eating enough, if your not gaining weight(get a scale dude) then eat more
    best lifts at 180lb bodyweight
    best= 370 squat goal= 405
    best= 260 bench goal= 315
    best= 445 deadlift goal= 505

Originally Posted by gokitty199 View Post
    you can gain weight, you just need to eat MORE. also oats are really good, peanut butter sandwhiches, eggs, chicken, throw in some pizza and whatever you want. just make sure your eating enough, if your not gaining weight(get a scale dude) then eat more
    Yeah, I just bought a scale, I weighed 10 stone and putting that online said I roughly need to eat 2700 cals to gain weight. I'm tracking my breakfast but haven't tracked lunch yet, however, it's usually pasta, chicken and sweetcorn or tuna instead of sweetcorn, I'm just going to eat everytime I'm hungry until I start gaining muscle and weight hopefulyy