lifechange99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

120lbs to lose need help

Im 6ft tall and very overweight at 315lbs, I'm 39 so if I don't do something soon Im not going to live much longer . I've been drinking and eating like crap for years. I've done some research but dont lnow what to belive because theres so many diets and protocols, some people eat 6 meals a day but some people do intermittent fasting, with regards nutrition theres lots of different approaches aswell, theres high carb low fat and then theres also low carb. It seems like there isnt just one way . also im wondering at 315lbs and about 45% bodyfat if im too heavy to start an intense weighttraining requime, perhaps I should just start with walking.
    Intermittent fasting does seem like a bit of a fad to me and an excuse to save calories so people can pig out on junk but maybe im wrong , I think may be embracing good quality nutrition is perhaps the best route for me. Here is a diet a friend told me I should start with

6am-omelete with the following (3 eggs, 1 slice of lowfat cheese,1 slice of lean ham, spinach,tomato,onion)

9am-cup of greek yogurt and a cup of fatfree sugar free strawberry yogurt

12:30pm-250g of baked salmon and a huge portion of veg(carrots,broc****,cauliflour)

3:30pm-same as 9am meal

6:30pm-250g of striploin steak and a hugh portion of veg(carrotts, broccoloi,cauilflour)

9:00pm as 9am meal

Gangster of Timepieces RedSoxfan1978's Avatar
    RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Someone who knows more than me will be along to help you soon I'm sure.

I can tell you that I started my weight loss at 400lbs. I started training with weights from the beginning. It will help tremendously with your initial weight loss and keeping your metabolism elevated in the first few months.

Eating every 3 to 4 hours is a good habit to get into as well.

I'm now at 274lbs. And while not at my goal weight I've come a very long way. So stay the course one day at the time and you'll get there. Consistency is absolutely key.
    "Johan tells me that your luggage, is the luggage of the poor."

"The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation." - Col. Jeff Cooper USMC Ret.

BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000) BennoMac is just really nice. (+1000)
    Agreed with Above. i did weights and calorie deficit for pretty much most of my 100 pound loss.
    It will take time, it will seems impossible but keep to it, enjoy your food and lifting and the results will be worth it.

Also i found it hard to keep my calories in check so i did Intermittent Fasting for the first 2 months which helped the first batch of weight fall off to get me motivated.
    You Cant Always Get What You Want.

Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jolo911 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey OP,

Read the sticky of the weight loss/losing fat sub forum (This sub forum) and do a work out program like insanity for p90x for now. If you really weigh that much, it will help with your mobility, endurance, and strength. Once you feel comfortable with your body mechanics, I would suggest to do starting strength or stronglifts. It's important to note that form>Weights. Do not sacrifice form for weights. This was my early mistake and as a result, ended up being out of the gym for 1year.

The important thing to remember is that working out is a marathon. Do not think about it, just do it. The more you think about it, the more you will become impatient and will end up quitting. Keep yourself busy and focus with consistency on the diet as well as working out. If you don't think about it, 6 months will pass by and your results will be astounding. Theoretically, you can lose 2-3lbs a week, if you are truly obese, even more. Just don't think about it and go on with your day!

- also: when you finish reading the sticky "Don't look past the basics" you should be able to understand that meal timing is irrelevant for us who aren't trying to compete or who aren't getting paid to body build. At the end of the day, everything that everyone is saying about how you should eat is complete non sense because, for us who aren't competing, the only thing that matters is calories in and calories out.

Goodluck

lifechange99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys

A friend of mine gave me a book.called bodyforlife . Anyone here know of this and if it's a good program

katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lifechange99 View Post
    Thanks guys

A friend of mine gave me a book.called bodyforlife . Anyone here know of this and if it's a good program
    Unnecessarily restrictive.

The best diet is the one you can stick to. Think about how you like to eat and what motivates you. If you love steak don't do a vegan diet. If you like to have big meals vs. small meals + snacks then IF might be the way to go.

If you try something and it isn't working for you then try something else.

When you are very fat you can run a larger deficit without losing muscle or being miserable. As you get leaner it slows down.

Personally I can stick to a tough/strict diet if/when I am seeing good results.

But some people fall into a starve/binge pattern and should stick to a moderate flexible eating plan.

I've had less success overall with moderate approaches because if I'm not seeing any results (not just the scales, watch measurements too) then I get de-motivated and start indulging too much.
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew