Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Every man on here should learn some base level of self defense.

This isn't some macho chit.

You're muscular, can bench 350lbs, but are you able to defend yourself and your loved ones in a dire situation?

We will rarely ever encounter such a situation, but God forbid if you are not prepared. I used to think being in great shape would get me out of situations, but sometimes these may be unavoidable and self preservation may be your last resort.

Training in martial arts I realized that someone that is 170lbs soaking wet that is well trained can whoop my ass. When I was introduced to Muay Thai and Boxing, someone that has trained for 6-12 months can tune you up. It doesn't matter their weight.

Hell, even grapplers who are well experienced can out muscle you and use leverage to put you to sleep. Learning a basic throw to subdue a person and control them until the law enforcement comes instead of throwing punches on them is great to learn.

We have so much of this information available, why not learn it?

Go to the gun range too if hand to hand combat isn't your style. I personally recommend both. I used to be so against guns but I later adopted the "have it and not need it vs needing it and not having it" philosophy. I've shot different handguns, ARs, AKs, shotguns, automatic weapons, etc.

Think about it guys. Self preservation:

-stay in shape
    -learn a base level of striking (I recommend boxing for most)
    -base level of grappling/submissions (wrestling or BJJ since it's available)
    -learn how to handle a firearm.

These are life skills!

Last edited by sword_; 07-20-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gnocchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Phucking real chit in the misc.

So true. I try and preach this to some buddies on a regular basis. You never know when you're gonna need it, so best to keep up on things rather than ignore them and think it won't happen.

Getting your ass handed to you by someone who doesn't look like they could usually wakes someone up.
    C.R.E.A.M.
    Islanders/Yankees
    Stern Crew

No Longer A White Knight BetaNerd's Avatar
    BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BetaNerd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Inb4 but because I'm over 200 lbs I could whoop mayweather, mcgregor, and any other trained professional fighter below 200 lbs.

'All I need to do is grab them' LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUL
    Sometimes all you need is sometime to tell you, "We're all gonna make it brah."

First mod neg: "I hope you get doxxed" - BOZZ

dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dassivemick is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cause liberal cucks would rather we bend over and receive our prize

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gnocchi View Post
    Phucking real chit in the misc.

So true. I try and preach this to some buddies on a regular basis. You never know when you're gonna need it, so best to keep up on things rather than ignore them and think it won't happen.

Getting your ass handed to you by someone who doesn't look like they could usually wakes someone up.
    Definitely an eye opener.

You should generally try to defuse the situation, walk away, or run but sometimes you can't.

I live by myself and think about that. Maybe it's a certain level of paranoia in me or maybe I think about the people around me. No idea.

Originally Posted by BetaNerd View Post
    Inb4 but because I'm over 200 lbs I could whoop mayweather, mcgregor, and any other trained professional fighter below 200 lbs.

'All I need to do is grab them' LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUL
    LOL I'm around 200 and if you are 1v1 against a trained professional and they will tune you up but yeah many people will think the above LOL.

Originally Posted by dassivemick View Post
    Cause liberal cucks would rather we bend over and receive our prize
    Yeah we live in a more egalitarian society and frankly showing signs of physical strength appears to be frowned upon....but whatever.

- GZA "4th Chamber"

WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WafflesBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeh true
    NY:Knicks-Giants-Yankees

PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PhaedrusTao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i want to take taekwondo or jiu jitsu but dont have the time because of work and school fml

AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AgRyan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    100%

It gives you both confidence and humility, which are important traits to have, and unfortunately rare in this day and age.
    "If in my say 80 years on earth I do more help than damage, then I feel complete."

"I feel grateful every day I wake up, I know I’m already on borrowed time"

-Snailsrus aka Lauren Kelly RIP

jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jesterin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I boxed when I was younger and tried doing bjj which i am horrible at. I shoot now but live in Cali so I feel very chastised in this liberal state.
    XBOX 1 GT J3st3r1n
    *Horse head crew*
    *Always pick 5 crew
    *LA Misc Crew*
    ** Disclaimer: All posts, statements, remarks and threads made by this user are not to be taken seriously and are not an accurate representation of this user's personality or beliefs Crew **

thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000) thunderykoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My self defense will be sprinting and marathon running. Maybe throw some boxing in. People will think I'm about to spar, they'll get in a stance, and then I'll run away when they're not completely aware.

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Double wrist lock every time.

OLD MOVIE CREW

Unmoggable Ass Pirate Slayermanlet's Avatar
    Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BetaNerd View Post

This always cracks me up on here. 'yeah bro I'd just grab him and it'd be over' lmao. So many gymcels have no idea how vulnerable they are and how they would be treated like a literal plaything by a high level fighter

I agree op. It's a basic life skill that every guy should try to gain at least some competence in....

I would recommend boxing/bjj/wrestling. Once you've got to blue/purple belt level with a year or two of boxing training you're nobody's easy target. Training martial arts also builds a certain kind of strength, confidence, athleticism and mental toughness you won't get from lifting alone.

Lifting is a great background too. At first you'll suck as much as everyone else but you'll reach a certain stage when you have the required technique and motor patterns to actually use your strength........ At which point it will become a strong advantage

It's also important to think about the non physical elements of self defence. Like making smart choices, verbal de-escalation etc
    Gymnastics / Oly Lifting / BJJ / Kickboxing /

*~UK Brah~*

If there's a light at the end of the tunnel, it's a train coming in the other direction

Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's important for every man to not be nervous on the first date as well.

Originally Posted by Slayermanlet View Post
    This always cracks me up on here. 'yeah bro I'd just grab him and it'd be over' lmao. So many gymcels have no idea how vulnerable they are and how they would be treated like a literal plaything by a high level fighter

I agree op. It's a basic life skill that every guy should try to gain at least some competence in....

I would recommend boxing/bjj/wrestling. Once you've got to blue/purple belt level with a year or two of boxing training you're nobody's easy target. Training martial arts also builds a certain kind of strength, confidence, athleticism and mental toughness you won't get from lifting alone.

Lifting is a great background too. At first you'll suck as much as everyone else but you'll reach a certain stage when you have the required technique and motor patterns to actually use your strength........ At which point it will become a strong advantage

It's also important to think about the non physical elements of self defence. Like making smart choices, verbal de-escalation etc
    LOL what if you are 200lbs already AND know how to defend yourself

Definitely de escalation is important.

I'm considering getting back into kickboxing full time. I realize I lose a bit of my timing and cardio when I am away from it too much. Honestly in most physical situations I'd be opt to wrestle since most fights go to the ground and subduing someone in the eye of the law is better than beating someone up. You look like the aggressor then. I'm built like a striker though and it's more exciting to me.

I've opted to go shooting more instead of hand to hand combat nowadays and conceal carry a portion of the time.

But I think it is really important for us to learn!

Originally Posted by Isolift View Post
    It's important for every man to not be nervous on the first date as well.
    lol I'm not going to live this one down am I

- GZA "4th Chamber"

False Football Prophet drvillain's Avatar
    drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) drvillain has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Knowing the basic like the 1, 2, and keeping your guard up and proper footwork are more than enough. Playing around with 1,2 combos will wreck most people.

Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000) Isolift is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sword_

lol I'm not going to live this one down am I

lmao who is that poor sucker in your avi any way?

Originally Posted by Isolift View Post
    lmao who is that poor sucker in your avi any way?
    That was an opponent in my ammy MMA fight in 2015.

I'm reserved and humble IRL which I think throws many girls off because of my physical appearance.

I just don't have much reason to be boastful or anything IMO because I have a certain level of inner confidence in myself, but yeah I go through ranges of emotions and things affect me.

smoker in 2015

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Payrab is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    While I was in the Marines, I definitely had more of the kill mentality back then. I recently started BJJ to get it back. Gotta stay sharp, who knows what's gonna go down in the next few years.

Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slayermanlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    LOL what if you are 200lbs already AND know how to defend yourself

Definitely de escalation is important.

I'm considering getting back into kickboxing full time. I realize I lose a bit of my timing and cardio when I am away from it too much. Honestly in most physical situations I'd be opt to wrestle since most fights go to the ground and subduing someone in the eye of the law is better than beating someone up. You look like the aggressor then. I'm built like a striker though and it's more exciting to me.

But I think it is really important for us to learn!
    Yeah you definitely lose timing/reflexes/movement the most after a break, cardio seems to come back quickly. I boxed throughout my teens and was decent, but I pretty much suck now comparatively. I'd like to get back into it but I'm training bjj 5x pw so idk how that'd work.

How long since you trained full time? I agree I'd be more likely to go with wrestling in a 1v1 situation, it's not worth the broken knuckles and potential legal ramifications unless you really need to punch someone

*~UK Brah~*

If there's a light at the end of the tunnel, it's a train coming in the other direction

Yeah you definitely lose timing/reflexes/movement the most after a break, cardio seems to come back quickly. I boxed throughout my teens and was decent, but I pretty much suck now comparatively. I'd like to get back into it but I'm training bjj 5x pw so idk how that'd work.

How long since you trained full time? I agree I'd be more likely to go with wrestling in a 1v1 situation, it's not worth the broken knuckles and potential legal ramifications unless you really need to punch someone
    It's been over a year since I've trained full time. I will dabble in it every now and then. I get invites to gyms and I know enough drills on my own to practice.

If I did it'd be 3-4 days a week I'd train but I didn't like the skin infection and the injuries associated with it (broken rib, retinal tear).

Like I said there's always shooting

- GZA "4th Chamber"

tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I still train boxing like once or twice a week, the brain damage just isn't worth it. I'm pretty in tune with my body and without a doubt I've become dumber after taking all those big hits. I decently strong when it comes to lifting, and hoping to get stronger with a mix between bodybuilding/powerlifting.

One thing I'm lacking preventing me from gaining total confidence is lack of grappling knowledge. Looking to get into jiu-jitsu or at least wrestling when I have time. Regret quitting wrestling in high school

Like I said there's always shooting

Even pepper spray is highly illegal over here

*~UK Brah~*

Even pepper spray is highly illegal over here

Are you serious?

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Are you serious?
    Ded srs bro

You get your pants pulled down if you get caught with anything that could be broadly classed as an offensive weapon

*~UK Brah~*

SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000) SpaceC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's what I got guns for, I don't need the karate
    Army Infantry Vet
    OIF
    *Libertarian Crew**Texas Born and Bred*
    *F-150*

Alan Jackson is the GOAT

Originally Posted by SpaceC View Post
    Firearms should be supplemental to hand to hand IMO but yeah I mean I get it.

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All you need right here...One of the most sadistic bastards to ever live:

For those that don't know:

Gene Lebell trained it catch wrestling under Ed "Strangler" Lewis, Lou Thesz, Karl Gotch and Vic Christy.
    Legendary Hollywood stuntman.
    Taught Bruce Lee how to grapple.
    Had one of the very first mixed rules fights ever against boxer Milo Savege
    Made Steven Seagal sh!t his pants
    Last edited by Mr.PissShivers; 07-20-2017 at 02:07 AM.
    OLD MOVIE CREW

Originally Posted by SpaceC View Post
    I get that guns are ideal for life threatening situations

But you won't have it on you all the time. Like what if you're in a bar, it's in your car, it's a gun free zone etc?

Also surely there are situations where subduing somebody is more appropriate than blowing their head off

*~UK Brah~*

TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agreed.

Before I trained in wrestling and judo I was just completely retarded with my body. That's how you are if you haven't trained in contact sports.

I really wanna learn the fundamentals of boxing too. If I learned how to defend from crazy haymakers and picked up a little striking I feel like I'd be basically untouchable against 99% of untrained people.

I get that guns are ideal for life threatening situations

But you won't have it on you all the time. Like what if you're in a bar, it's in your car, it's a gun free zone etc?

Also surely there are situations where subduing somebody is more appropriate than blowing their head off
    I can't carry a gun in bars especially because alcohol is involved. Plus I can't conceal/open carry in Texas if I'm consuming alcohol (except in my home).

Plus like you said I don't want to always shoot someone lol. Most of the time I think guns for ME are for home defense and if I'm about to go bang an escort (not srs).

So yeah there's situation where hand to hand is your only option..

- GZA "4th Chamber"