Bimimi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Shoulder pain when pushing

Hey there, I have been working out for a year and a half and recently I've encountered really had shoulder pain only when trying to push against something. It does not hurt when rotating or touching. I tried seeing a physiotherapist but he has no idea. Anyone know what this is and how I can fix this?

Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unseptium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're not being specific enough. Is it bench press that's causing this? Overhead press?

I would get an MRI scan to see exactly what's going on. Refrain from pushing for 10 days and see how it goes.
    Currently trying to reach 'shredded brah' mode for summer 2017

Admit it, your favorite shirt is the one that makes you look the biggest. :DDD

Bimimi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It hurts when I push up against something pushing down like if I try to push up against my friends hand it hurts like crazy. Only hurts a little during bench and overhead press but it's made me a lot weaker, I'll try and get a scan soon

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bimimi View Post
    It hurts when I push up against something pushing down like if I try to push up against my friends hand it hurts like crazy. Only hurts a little during bench and overhead press but it's made me a lot weaker, I'll try and get a scan soon
    Try stretching out your chest, lats, traps, triceps, biceps, forearms, wrists, low back, all of those muscles are connected in one way or another. I had pain in my shoulders and clicking till I started yoga.. Yeah YOGA is amazing, I hate stretching so thought might as well make it fun. Well pain is completely gone and so is clicking. We often neglect stretching and flexibility.

JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bimimi View Post
    Hey there, I have been working out for a year and a half and recently I've encountered really had shoulder pain only when trying to push against something. It does not hurt when rotating or touching. I tried seeing a physiotherapist but he has no idea. Anyone know what this is and how I can fix this?
    Just make sure you're warming up your rotator cuffs thoroughly before any pressing movements.
    Google this if unsure.

Also make sure you're not going straight into your working sets. Do a warm up set very light, then a medium weight set and then do your 3 or 4 sets with your proper weight.

CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CallumC14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is your shoulder still needing to repair. Maybe just get used to it or if its too serious see a doctor.