mathieo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Please help me (injury discussion)

Hi,

I've been lifting for almost 3 years for now. and lately I started to push myself without taking rest, and I end up with inner elbow pain when pulling or gripping hard.
    I checked with my doctor he sent me to X-Ray and MIR non showed any serious injuries.
    I'm putting ice and doing stretches for 2 months for now. and I don't see the progress I lost all my gains because can't lift anymore I start to feel the sharp pain on my elbow when I pull (pull up or biceps curls).

I can't have chest days too because I will hurt the tendons too. I am so desperate and asking for help, please.

thanks

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Elbow tendinitis most likely. Extremely common.

Stop doing whatever aggravates it, let it heal for a few months (stretches are almost certainly making it worse, not better). Then find which exercises aggravate it and slowly reintroduce those in a moderate amounts till you can find an acceptable volume.

For example, I've found that I can manage a couple sets of pullups a week but no arm isolation exercises at all. Rowing and other pulls are fine.

mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000) mmmiaas is just really nice. (+1000)
    I feel your pain bro, I used to play professional rugby back in the day and had my shoulders dislocated. I had to quit training for a long ass time and I was pretty depressed and very much like you lost lots of muscles.
    My only advice here would be to quit lifting weights for a few months and switch to cardio instead (or any other exercise that does not involve pressuring the injury) while maintaining a good diet.
    Consult a doctor for pain killers/creams or basically anything that would help with recovery.
    Just remember that this injury should never be an excuse to becoming a lazy guy at home.
    Good luck man and get well soon !
    My transformation: *ONGOING*

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173138191

IG: @250kchallenge

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post

Stop doing whatever aggravates it, let it heal for a few months (stretches are almost certainly making it worse, not better). Then find which exercises aggravate it and slowly reintroduce those in a moderate amounts till you can find an acceptable volume.

For example, I've found that I can manage a couple sets of pullups a week but no arm isolation exercises at all. Rowing and other pulls are fine.
    i can't use any arm excersises for example i can't do pull-ups or biceps curls or any of gripping exercises which uses the formarm muscles.

Originally Posted by mmmiaas View Post
    I feel your pain bro, I used to play professional rugby back in the day and had my shoulders dislocated. I had to quit training for a long ass time and I was pretty depressed and very much like you lost lots of muscles.
    My only advice here would be to quit lifting weights for a few months and switch to cardio instead (or any other exercise that does not involve pressuring the injury) while maintaining a good diet.
    Consult a doctor for pain killers/creams or basically anything that would help with recovery.
    Just remember that this injury should never be an excuse to becoming a lazy guy at home.
    Good luck man and get well soon !
    yea it sucks bro i lost my gains and can't do anything about it. feels like i wont gain those again.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mathieo View Post
    i can't use any arm excersises for example i can't do pull-ups or biceps curls or any of gripping exercises which uses the formarm muscles.
    Sounds about right. Stop doing them and if you want it to heal faster, see a physiotherapist. I've found dry needling was quite helpful.

PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PBnJay is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Most lifters battle this at some point in their career. Most early on I suppose. Part of the game. I've had to take time off for it as have many others here.

Personally, I found that squeezing the **** out of the bar, regardless of exercise, helped a ton. You said you can't squeeze so you're past that point, but when you come back, think about it. Idk why it helped, but could easily suggest that activating all the muscles in the forearm significantly aids in elbow support. Or it could make it worse? Just sayin it helped me battle through and haven't had elbow tendinitis in years.

Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjetil1234 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In the elbow crease? Or medial elbow?

Need more specifics here. Please read the questions in my signature and answer them
    Kjetil Larsen
    CPT, CES, NKT
    Owner of Trainingandrehabilitation.com

� Did I answer your injury question? Please supply the following info: 1) EXACT spot of pain(s)? (put a mark on a picture); 2) what type of pain is it? (burning, radiative, lightning, aching, jamming up, etc); 3) EXACTLY what movement(s) provocate the same pain? Specifics matter!

� Read my articles - https://treningogrehab.no/category/articles-in-english/

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post

Rest only works for reactive tendinopathy. It doesn't work for tendon dysrepair (reactive on degenerative or fully degenerative).

Rest is actually one of the WORST things you can do for tendon dysrepair because usually the pain sticks around or comes back very easily and your body will become deconditioned to exercise. It's important to understand the phases of tendinopathy. Here's some more info about it: http://stevenlow.org/on-tendonitis/

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you doing any wrist flexor strengthening? like reverse wrist curls or wrist curls, farmers walks,

Helped my elbow tendonitis a lot