bukashaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat Form Check - w/ Video

streamable . com/hup6

First time recording so sorry if the video kinda sucks. I realized my form was **** so I watched some technique videos and lightened to weight to try to make it better.

I thought I was going deep enough, but after watching the video back I feel like I barely hit parallel if at all so I was wondering what I need to change. I read that elevating your heels can help with depth if you have bad ankle mobility so I put some small plates to try to get deeper. Good idea, bad?

edit: Can't post links, so just delete the spaces =]

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah that looks about 6 inches high, plates clearly aren't doing much so I would ditch them.
    Try adding in regular mobility work ( look up chris duffin on youtube).

Might want to mess around with your stance a bit as well, wider, toes pointed out more.
    Try it at home doing bodyweight squats and see which position feels best to go to depth width.

I've heard some people recommend goblet squats for getting form too
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vampborn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If I were using that squat rack for squats, I would stand outside it so I could squat lower. I would lose the plates under the heels - they're doing nothing since you're heels lift up anyway. Everything about your squat is bad. Just use less weight until you build the mobility, stability, and consistency. You don't need 185lb for that. Like it looks like the only benefit from this 'lift' you're doing is a very small good morning lift for your spine. Your knees don't look like they're supporting the weight via leverage. You look like you're all ass, and nothing else. Some people would kill for that.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need to squat where you can get down to a proper parallel position, which is crease of the hip at or below the top of the patella

You really need to balance your weight over your midfoot or your heel, NOT up on the balls of your feet, and your heels should never come off the ground.