MotorCityJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat guy trying to build muscle and lose weight, any advice?

Hello my name is Jeremiah, and I am 280 pounds. I have been obese most of my life and I am tired of it, I want to make a change and do something with myself, I want to stop playing video games and eating junk food all day I want to have the body of hercules but better. But my problem is I don't know where to start, I need advice I am going into my senior year and I want to go out with a bang and stop looking like the black paul blart. Any advice would suffice, I've tried losing weight plenty of times but failed. I want this time to be a success, thanks.

Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100) Deleon62 is not very well liked. (-100)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MotorCityJay View Post
    Hello my name is Jeremiah, and I am 280 pounds. I have been obese most of my life and I am tired of it, I want to make a change and do something with myself, I want to stop playing video games and eating junk food all day I want to have the body of hercules but better. But my problem is I don't know where to start, I need advice I am going into my senior year and I want to go out with a bang and stop looking like the black paul blart. Any advice would suffice, I've tried losing weight plenty of times but failed. I want this time to be a success, thanks.

Sup bro so you wanna lose weight and change your life for the better? thats good man

The one question I have for you is, do you have 13.42$ because if you do youre in for a treat.

You see losing weight is actually not that complicated as the fitness industry wants you think.

Every day you burn an "X" amount of calories, called your Total Daily Energy Expenditure(TDEE) AKA Maintence calories and with that your going to want to subtract 500 calories, to put you in a deficit or negative net balance. Feeding your body less energy than it burns, your own body doesn't have any other choice but to get its energy from its Fat storage. AKA bodyfat. After seven to ten days you will see a change in your physique, you'll be less puffy and bloated.

And matter of fact a person can have a cheat day on a once a week or have "refeed" once every 5 five weeks.

for cheat days make sure there high PROTEIN, high CARB, and lower in fat. This makes sure that you don't undo an entire weeks of progress and you mentally don't go ****ing insane on your weight loss journey

and for refeeds day? F**k it there too complicated,you would have to raise your calories 30% over your weight loss calories; it would be 1 gram of protein per bodyweight, Fat as low as possible, and the rest from carbs.

A Lot of people will disagree with me on this, Purchase Mike Mathews Bigger leaner stronger book. Its 13.42$ and it answers EVERYTHING, every question you will have to get to your hercules body you've always dreamed of. it shows you how to build muscle and lose fat as for people in your case. Mindsets, Nutrition background, Meal plans, Workout routines, Supplementation, and scientific studies to back up each claim.

Like did you know the #1 reason people cannot lose weight, isn't because of their diet, is because there not tracking their calories. Yes Counting calories is HUGE when trying to lose weight. But if you follow a meal plan. NO counting calories or Tracking macros

Invest in your self Bro, and you'll get "paid" ten fold
    "The chains of habits are weak to be felt, until they are to strong to be broken!!"

IG:D_e_L_e_o_n_23
    YT: Its in the works !

SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    All that is necessary to lose weight is for you to be in a caloric deficit. Research IIFYM on google and download myfitnesspal. You can put yourself into a caloric deficit by either burning more calories or eating less of them than your body needs in order to maintain your weight. Good luck!
    You can direct message me for any additional questions.
    Dentist
    Bodybuilder
    83 kg USAPL Midwest Regional Champion
    Best Lifts:
    Squat: 525
    Bench: 330
    Dead: 585

MikeDerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Jeremiah!

First and foremost start tracking your calories. Aim to eat 2000 calories per day nothing more.

Next, the BEST exercise for losing weight is WALKING. I recommend you start walking 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the evening plus whatever you do daily like walking around work or school. Eat salads, fish, and whole foods. Cut the processed **** out. No more chips or any of that ****.

Breakfast - Oatmeal and a piece of fruit preferably a banana.
    Lunch - Salad (Tomato, Lettuce, Spinach, and Carrots) and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    Dinner(this should be your smallest meal) - Salad and a small entree. Since most guys our age eat whatever our parents make for dinner just ask for a small portion.

DON'T SKIP ANY MEALS. That is the #1 worst thing you can do if you want to lose weight.

At approx. 5 pm lift weights. Check out Stronglifts 5x5. You will lose weight and get stronger.

I know a lot about losing and gaining weight because I had to stay at 132 lbs for boxing which required me to make weight. Also drink 1 Gallon of water THROUGHOUT the day. Don't just chug it. I prefer to wake up and have 2 glasses of whatever over a 30 minute period and just sip the rest of the day. Add hotsauce to meals if you have trouble getting thirsty. ABSOLUTLEY NO SODAS. If you have to ask whether or not you should eat it then DONT.

Originally Posted by Deleon62 View Post
    Sup bro so you wanna lose weight and change your life for the better? thats good man

The one question I have for you is, do you have 13.42$ because if you do youre in for a treat.

You see losing weight is actually not that complicated as the fitness industry wants you think.

Every day you burn an "X" amount of calories, called your Total Daily Energy Expenditure(TDEE) AKA Maintence calories and with that your going to want to subtract 500 calories, to put you in a deficit or negative net balance. Feeding your body less energy than it burns, your own body doesn't have any other choice but to get its energy from its Fat storage. AKA bodyfat. After seven to ten days you will see a change in your physique, you'll be less puffy and bloated.

And matter of fact a person can have a cheat day on a once a week or have "refeed" once every 5 five weeks.

for cheat days make sure there high PROTEIN, high CARB, and lower in fat. This makes sure that you don't undo an entire weeks of progress and you mentally don't go ****ing insane on your weight loss journey

and for refeeds day? F**k it there too complicated,you would have to raise your calories 30% over your weight loss calories; it would be 1 gram of protein per bodyweight, Fat as low as possible, and the rest from carbs.

A Lot of people will disagree with me on this, Purchase Mike Mathews Bigger leaner stronger book. Its 13.42$ and it answers EVERYTHING, every question you will have to get to your hercules body you've always dreamed of. it shows you how to build muscle and lose fat as for people in your case. Mindsets, Nutrition background, Meal plans, Workout routines, Supplementation, and scientific studies to back up each claim.

Like did you know the #1 reason people cannot lose weight, isn't because of their diet, is because there not tracking their calories. Yes Counting calories is HUGE when trying to lose weight. But if you follow a meal plan. NO counting calories or Tracking macros

Invest in your self Bro, and you'll get "paid" ten fold
    Thanks bro I appreciate all of the great advice, I'll make sure to check out that book.

Originally Posted by MikeDerr View Post
    Hi Jeremiah!

First and foremost start tracking your calories. Aim to eat 2000 calories per day nothing more.

Next, the BEST exercise for losing weight is WALKING. I recommend you start walking 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the evening plus whatever you do daily like walking around work or school. Eat salads, fish, and whole foods. Cut the processed **** out. No more chips or any of that ****.

Breakfast - Oatmeal and a piece of fruit preferably a banana.
    Lunch - Salad (Tomato, Lettuce, Spinach, and Carrots) and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    Dinner(this should be your smallest meal) - Salad and a small entree. Since most guys our age eat whatever our parents make for dinner just ask for a small portion.

DON'T SKIP ANY MEALS. That is the #1 worst thing you can do if you want to lose weight.

At approx. 5 pm lift weights. Check out Stronglifts 5x5. You will lose weight and get stronger.

I know a lot about losing and gaining weight because I had to stay at 132 lbs for boxing which required me to make weight. Also drink 1 Gallon of water THROUGHOUT the day. Don't just chug it. I prefer to wake up and have 2 glasses of whatever over a 30 minute period and just sip the rest of the day. Add hotsauce to meals if you have trouble getting thirsty. ABSOLUTLEY NO SODAS. If you have to ask whether or not you should eat it then DONT.
    Thanks man I'll try this out, I need to go to whole foods and rearrange the fridge.

Originally Posted by SKYHIGHFitness View Post
    All that is necessary to lose weight is for you to be in a caloric deficit. Research IIFYM on google and download myfitnesspal. You can put yourself into a caloric deficit by either burning more calories or eating less of them than your body needs in order to maintain your weight. Good luck!
    You can direct message me for any additional questions.
    Thanks bro I appreciate I'll hit you up if I need some more info, really appreciate this man honestly.

Thanks man I'll try this out, I need to go to whole foods and rearrange the fridge.
    No problem. Keep us posted week by week with updates.

WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WutangFlex732 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    cut carbs and increase your protein and fat intake. Don't cut them out completely because thats virtually impossible but stay away from sodas, candy, and chit manufactured with artificial sugars and stuff. Do more cardio and get on a 5x5 program which is the best way to burn fat and gain some strength and size. Eat smaller portions instead of 3 big meals a day. Take fish oil and multi vitamins which will help your immune system adjust to your new lifestyle and assist in fat loss and overall cardio vascular heatlh

Btw if you can't walk two miles at first that is totally acceptable for now just make sure you are doing as much as you can and try to build up.