crossfire777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Did Body Composition test today, not happy with results

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but would like some advice seeing as there are quite a few subject matter experts here.

The post I'm stationed at offers free metobalic and body composition testing (via Bod Pod); so I figured I would take advantage of such an opportunity since I've been working very hard on my fitness and nutrition the past year. I have always been a very active person going through periods of doing crossfit, marathon/triathlon events, and most recently straight weight lifting.

Due to a leg injury I suffered over a year ago I wasn't able to run which lead me to taking up weight training seriously. However, 8 months into this I gained a lot of strength as well as a lot of excess fat. I am 5'6 and was weighing in at 182 as of february of this year. As of today when I did this bod pod test I weighed 161. I managed to keep about 85-90% of the muscle I've gained. This is the first body fat test I've ever done and they pegged me at 24.9% with 121 lbs lean body mass and 40 lbs body fat.

I attached some pictures taken today to see if I fit the description of one with that body fat. Sorry if I come off as shallow, but it really gets under my skin to see all my hard work and dedication seemingly underminded
    Attached Images

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't let a machine that is known to not be all that accurate "undermine" what I have accomplished. Since Feb. you have dropped 21 pounds. That is pretty impressive. Keep working at it man.

csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50) csegiet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey man, think about it, all that strength gain could be put to use if you were to try to cut. Nothing wrong with being strong! Also that's just a number, I wouldn't stress about it too much, it seems like you were pretty happy with yourself before seeing the number.

crossfire777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats just it, ive been trying to cut for months and even though i lost 20 lbs i feel highly discouraged. I dont feel like im someone bordering obesity. And yea i was feeling great until i saw the results

bosqueg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by crossfire777 View Post
    Thats just it, ive been trying to cut for months and even though i lost 20 lbs i feel highly discouraged. I dont feel like im someone bordering obesity. And yea i was feeling great until i saw the results
    As others have said, those may not be the most accurate results. I'm new to all of this but your pictures look nothing like the pictures I've seen for 25% BF. I highly doubt those results. I would post in the BF% thread without telling people what results you got and see what they say. Keep on going, the mirror says you're doing a great job.

arunmmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did the body comp hydrostatic test today, was surprised with the result - 23.9% at 170 pounds pretty close to your measures. However I don't think my physic is as good as yours. As a matter of fact I was surprised by under 25% result. What is your body caliper fat measure?

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd say 18% at most from the photos. I haven't met an accurate body fat measurement yet. Seems like they all tag way under or way over. Stick with the mirror and enjoy whatever progress you see there.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100)
    Im at 26% BF and Im pretty sure that's accurate, and I look similar.

If you did your BF% just now for the first time then you can finally say that you started doing fitness seriously. Now all you need to do is get a food and workout plan, collect some data for a few weeks, take measurements again, adjust your program and nutrition plan and repeat the process. Measure > Plan > Work > Repeat. So far it looks like you've just been working without the planning or measuring.

You should know your current and target BF and LBM at all times. People can easily gain 2lb of fat for each 1lb of muscle and then lose 1lb of muscle for each 1lb of fat leaving them fatter but not stronger in the end. All because of disregard to progress monitoring.

jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If i were you I would surround yourself with positive media like youtube body transformations thats what I did to overcome anxiety and depression and two years later I just launched my own youtube transformation to inspire others. If your interested copy and paste "Body Transformation Before After Skinny to Muscle: GREAT DIVIDE" to see my journey and how I overcame it. Good luck to you!

tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000)
    You've got a similar build to me even if it is quite a far less bit of muscle and abit more bodyfat. The point is, i know that your not 25% bodyfat just from looking at your pictures. And if i had to make an estimate i would say 17-18% bodyfat.

But like other people have said, you shouldn't let any of that bull**** distract you. I weigh myself most gym sessions at the end just to make sure im within 5kg of my ideal weight ratio. That helps me continue to clean bulk or cut properly and can change my diet to compensate. But outside of this, i really don't let scales or other people dictate to me what i can or cannot do.

You have to look at it like this, are you happy with yourself? If the answer is no, you can change that. If the answer is yes, then your still going to improve yourself. The difference is the confidence. If you want to know the real truth. Your already a winner and as long as you don't let yourself down then you always will be one. The challenge comes when you lose yourself and thats when the hero in you comes out. Keep fighting mate!