ss90k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tips for beginner/motivation

So I just purchased my supplements and want to get in the best shape of my life but I do have some questions and pointers that I'm seeking for. Help would be much appreciated!

I am 6' 0" and weight about 190 lbs. and have about 15-20% body fat. Don't have an exact measurement as I have not calculated yet. I have lifted before but I want to get to the point where I can lose my belly and face fat. I know I can't spot reduce fat but I do want to gain a six pack in the future. My goal is to be the same weight but lose my body fat.

With all that said...

1. Do I have to do cardio to lose fat?

Some of the workout routines I see that there is cardio included and and some don't. I really dislike running and would rather do cardio through sports like basketball. If I do just weightlifting without cardio will I still lose fat?

2. Are 5 workouts enough?

I also saw that some of the workouts only contain maybe 5 exercises per workout a day and was wondering if that's enough for fat loss.

3. Do I have to keep my heart rate up consistently through the workout?

I usually try my best to keep my breaks short between workouts so I keep my heart rate up but sometimes I have to take an extra break which lowers my heart rate. Will that effect fat loss?

4. Do I have to eat frequently?

I read it's best to eat frequently and about 5 times a day. What do you do if you get up late because that happens to me at times and I feel like my schedule is all thrown off.

I guess all in all I'm just trying to see the best way to keep motivated and continue working out to promote fat loss. I have tried in the past and feel like I can never get there and end up giving up. I know I need to consume about 2500 calories or so.

mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Before I answer your questions, I must say, in order to really get somewhere in terms of fitness goals, you must really fall in love with the sport of fitness. You must research, learn, experience, etc. THere are so many resources on the net, and especially on youtube for you to view and learn more, but never go all out. Start small and start with what works for you.. and gradually you will learn more and more as long as you keep yourself motivated with some type of passion. Constantly remind yourself of your goal. Whether it is to get ripped to get the hot girl you been wanting for a long time, or to stop feeling like a punk around your peers or whatever it is.

1) You don't need to do cardio to lose fat, but if you plan on being super strict on your diet, you better implement some cardio.

2) 5 Workouts enough? Number doesn't matter, especailly to a beginner. It's good to superset your workouts so you hit a certain group of muscles in many different ways and confuse them rather than just hitting set after set on one excercise until you finish a set number. 30 mins wiht no rest is good . 1 hour with breaks is good. Your body will tell you how much or how little to workout on a given day.

3) Don't worry about keeping heart rate up or heart rate at all. That is a useless area of focus. Rather, focus on getting more protein in your diet and keepign your carbs low and avoid sugars except for after a workout if you're doing a slow cut.

4) It's best to eat 6 small meals a day rather than have 3 huge meals. It will keep your metabolic rate up.
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colekatsilas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fat loss is all diet
    3 day a week full body splits seem to be the best for a beginner to build a solid base of muscle and lose fat. Don't worry about the 5 day/specialty programs until later.
    45-60 seconds rest or supersets (Which is moving from one workout to another and back to the first instead of rest periods) is optimal
    #4 is up for debate and i've heard it both ways. Protein synthesis is at near max efficiency for 24 hours and the body will slow down digestion to ensure it consumes all the protein you've given it. Some studies suggest eating 100g of protein in a single sitting is just as efficient for growth as eating it spaced apart through the day. So they key here is to do what is convenient for you while getting your need micro and macronutrients. If two big meals works better for you, then eat two big meals. As a caveat, carb timing is proven and important. You should consume 25-50g of fast digesting carbs immediately after a workout to optimize recovery.

jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If i were you I would surround yourself with positive media like youtube body transformations thats what I did to overcome anxiety and depression and two years later I just launched my own youtube transformation to inspire others. If your interested copy and paste "Body Transformation Before After Skinny to Muscle: GREAT DIVIDE" to see my journey and how I overcame it. Good luck to you!

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hello,I work in a gym,think I can help you.

Wish you stated you age,better to go on,in any case cardio is more than running,it's treadmill,elipticals,rowing,bikes-your gym should have this to chose from.

Unless you're going into bodybuilding,forget 5 meals a day,eat good food at the times you normally do,and rest/recovery days are a must.

Heartrate? I think you're overthinking a lot of this,it's not rocket science,just go in,get a strong workout,eat good,get enough sleep.That simple.

Now, about supps,I hate to hear the answer,but what did you buy? Get yourself Whey protein,2 shakes a day,Walmart has it cheap.That's all you'd need starting out.Stop looking for the magic pill-it ain't out there.Don't fall for the sup ads hype,please.