Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Getting A Guy At The Gym To Talk To Me

OK. So this is totally something I'm not used to. I've been working out at this gym for a few months now and simply put, when I workout, I workout. I'm in the zone, headphones on, do my thing and leave. BUT the past couple times I've been in, I notice this guy looking at me and giving me a small smile here and there. I don't want to say for sure that he is checking me out, BUT, the other day he was practically out the door leaving when he turned back around and got on the treadmill behind me (which kind of leads me to believe he is interested). Anyways, now that I've noticed him, he is pretty good looking. Should I wait and see if he approaches me? Or should I approach him? What do I say? I am a super shy, quiet girl. Help?

Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jfreak3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you catch him looking at you one day, go up to him between sets and say something like "Hey, I have to get back to my set but I think you're pretty attractive. Would you want to get drinks/coffee/dinner sometime?"
    "Sure!"
    "Great, let me put my number in your phone. What's your name btw?"

Then it's up to him to text you but at least you initiated it. In for other responses to say if this is a good idea

AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelEyez718 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jfreak3 View Post
    If you catch him looking at you one day, go up to him between sets and say something like "Hey, I have to get back to my set but I think you're pretty attractive. Would you want to get drinks/coffee/dinner sometime?"
    "Sure!"

Then it's up to him to text you but at least you initiated it. In for other responses to say if this is a good idea
    Seems a bit forward for a first interaction LOL. Not sure I would want someone roaming my phone when i don't know their name yet.

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AngelEyez718 View Post
    Seems a bit forward for a first interaction LOL. Not sure I would want someone roaming my phone when i don't know their name yet.
    It's also the fastest and easiest way to get talking to him.

Why waste time waiting?

Also you'll get his name when he gives you his number, and if he is interested, he'll probably appreciate forwardness. He doesn't seem to be doing anything about it, if you've noticed him staring a few times, but he hasn't even said a word to you yet. Might as well get the ball rolling...

Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    You really dont have to be super forward. If hes straight, then he's probably attracted to you. Next time you see him around and he's not currently lifting just start up a conversation with him. If he's like me he probably thinks you're cute but sees you're in the zone, wants to respect your determination, and doesn't want to bother you. If you start a convo with him, he'll pretty much instantly know you're at least open to conversation.

You dont have to pursue things to the point of a relationship off the bat. Just casually get to know him. He might be the biggest douche or super creepy, so why commit yourself to a date immediately?
    Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.

-Bruce Lee

Misc BJJ Crew

Kaizen

Originally Posted by Ascendedlife View Post
    You really dont have to be super forward. If hes straight, then he's probably attracted to you. Next time you see him around and he's not currently lifting just start up a conversation with him. If he's like me he probably thinks you're cute but sees you're in the zone, wants to respect your determination, and doesn't want to bother you. If you start a convo with him, he'll pretty much instantly know you're at least open to conversation.

You dont have to pursue things to the point of a relationship off the bat. Just casually get to know him. He might be the biggest douche or super creepy, so why commit yourself to a date immediately?
    One issue is that he is always working out with someone younger. I'm assuming younger brother? Thats the one thing that has kind of been stopping me.

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    One issue is that he is always working out with someone younger. I'm assuming younger brother? Thats the one thing that has kind of been stopping me.
    Go ask. "Hi. I see you two working out together when I'm here. Are you brothers?" That will start a conversation. Just be yourself, see if there is a spark, and take it from there.
    Under Construction.

lessfrosting has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lessfrosting has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lessfrosting has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lessfrosting has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lessfrosting has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lessfrosting has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you're interested--then just approach him. From what you've said, it sounds like he is interested, and if he's not you'll have a gym acquaintance. Go up to him and introduce yourself casually....tell him you've seen him around when you're there as well.

peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wink

you should check the misc
    he's probably started a thread about how he muffed up an attempt to talk to a girl at his gym

MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK. So this is totally something I'm not used to. I've been working out at this gym for a few months now and simply put, when I workout, I workout. I'm in the zone, headphones on, do my thing and leave. BUT the past couple times I've been in, I notice this guy looking at me and giving me a small smile here and there. I don't want to say for sure that he is checking me out, BUT, the other day he was practically out the door leaving when he turned back around and got on the treadmill behind me (which kind of leads me to believe he is interested). Anyways, now that I've noticed him, he is pretty good looking. Should I wait and see if he approaches me? Or should I approach him? What do I say? I am a super shy, quiet girl. Help?
    In all honestly, if you just make eye contact with him when you to pass each other and flash a subtle smile I'm sure he will end up saying something. Eye contact/smiling is a warm and subtle gesture that will make him feel eligible to talk to you. Guys looks for eye contact. Oh and take those headphones off, no man is going to want the risk of embarrassment of you not hearing him XD
    Clean eating = Munching cupcakes while mopping floor?
    Instagram@PureMichiganMelissa

Originally Posted by peasandlove View Post
    he's probably started a thread about how he muffed up an attempt to talk to a girl at his gym
    The one day a actually had the guts to do something about it, he doesnt show up. LOL go figure.

Originally Posted by MelissaLauren View Post
    In all honestly, if you just make eye contact with him when you to pass each other and flash a subtle smile I'm sure he will end up saying something. Eye contact/smiling is a warm and subtle gesture that will make him feel eligible to talk to you. Guys looks for eye contact. Oh and take those headphones off, no man is going to want the risk of embarrassment of you not hearing him XD
    Headphones off it is then. Just so nice to have when the bass gives you that extra push!

CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CG43 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Go NC

peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000) peasandlove is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stand at the Water cooler
    I always get approached there :-)
    Then if you want to you can chat for a bit or just get back to your workout

Ill get right on that! LMAO

leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like the idea of starting the convo by asking " Hey are you guys brothers ? " that is a very natural question and not flirty so its open to just a nice convo.

Well i'm diving in for a convo tonight. We'll see how it goes!

MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelissaLauren will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well i'm diving in for a convo tonight. We'll see how it goes!
    Do some squats in front of him while you're at it

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hahaha. That's hilarious. Good luck OP.
    Under Construction.

starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10) starrysim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So how did it go?

Maybe something you can try - if he's using a machine, ask if you can hop in for a set in between his. Easy to strike up a convo that way. I usually end up exchanging a word or two even if I don't mean to. Or if he happens to be around you and there's a bench - pretend that you need to bench some right that second and ask him to spot

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just ask him how to do a certain exercise or how to use a certain machine.
    After he gets through a set, ask him what muscle it works.
    Ask him for a good ab exercise.

As long as she doesn't post in those parts. The Misc Forum is a cruel/unforgiving/creepy world. And I can't understand half the things they type because I'm still illiterate in forum talk.

Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MelissaLauren View Post
    Do some squats in front of him while you're at it
    Ha! Some girl did this to me a month or so ago, but I was the one too focused, and was just like, "Why is she squatting right in front of me?"

Oh well. Hopefully Op's interest isn't entirely like me.
    Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.

-Bruce Lee

Misc BJJ Crew

Kaizen

Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jfreak3 View Post
    "Sure!"

WHOA in for the kill there LOL!!!^ You could always ask him to spot a barbell squat for you. Introduce yourself, he'll probably introduce himself too, and tell him it was nice to meet him.
    ~Team Dymatize~

bodybuilding.com/store/dym/dym.htm
    instagram.com/dymatize
    ********.com/dymatize
    twitter.com/dymatize

PERFECTING ATHLETIC NUTRITION

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the
    official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

IG: sarahvyx

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Super short/loose shorts + verticle leg press. Sure gets my attention.

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bent over rows and SLDL right in front of him, especially when there's other open space available but you opt to do it right in front of him

He'll get the message
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dating at the gym... Big No no!

Personally I'd rather not date than risk having to go to a different gym if the relationship goes south

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just say hey to him next time you're at the gym. He may have a wife/gf/fiancé but spark a conversation with him and see.
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

Originally Posted by Jodie10 View Post
    Hahaha. That's hilarious. Good luck OP.
    Glad you saw it was a joke
    I got negged for it
    This place is something else

CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrystalB2011 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I'm a new user on this site....and after reading the OP's post, I remembered that this happened to me recently as well! Unfortunately this guy did it in a very noticeable way and I wanted nothing to do with him! I tried going in at different times but he was ALWAYS there haha! Eventually he came up to my treadmill and asked me out, and I told him I had a boyfriend. I was so embarrassed that he asked while I was working out that I went to another gym 5 miles away that I had been to years ago.

Looking back - I should have just sucked it up and kept working out despite my embarrassment...!!