adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

For PT business owners

Hey,
    I am in the process of getting my own location, it's 2000sq feet for $2200 first 4 months and $2500 after that with an agreement that rent will stay the same for 3 years.
    The guy wants to do a month to month payment option instead of a 12 month lease.. Dose that sound strange?

Also I know a lot of work is ahead of me and I'm ready for it! But isn't there any better way than me doing everything by myself? (greeting new members/clients, doing PT and group) I am not able to hire anyone at the beginning until we start making some money so that's out of the question. I will have drop ins and external trainers but I'm trying to figure out how I can still to my PT plus run the gym at the same time....

Any feedback would be great!!
    Last edited by adairtrainer; 01-10-2015 at 07:56 AM.
    POWERLIFTING AND CALISTHENICS

ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED

aschmidt920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are going to have a rough road ahead of you. I really do not see anyway you can 'man the front desk' while training someone. Someone is going to end up getting pissed at you. Your client will be annoyed when you leave them waiting so you can go fill out some paper work for the walk in, even if it's just to get them to sign a waiver. Or alternatively the person dropping in looking to workout will get annoyed standing around for any length of time waiting for you to finish up.

The only option I really see is letting the external trainers take a bigger cut or their sessions, but require them to man the front desk. But I would really take a close look at the labor laws wherever you are opening the gym.

Good luck!!!! I'm sure it's both terrifying and exciting at the same time!

jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    one option maybe to hire an "intern"
    have the intern run the desk and do the things you don't have time for or is not worth your time. In exchange for the interns pay them in something other than money could be free or discounted training (depending on the amount of hours they are putting in).... pay them in experience if they are looking to get into the health and fitness field... this is model I have seen work with others... Personally I never done myself but then again I am happy renting a space to train my clients

adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) adairtrainer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the feedback, you both have made good points. I think hiring someone and paying them in training/gym access would be a great idea, I only need a part time person so that could work if I find someone that is very passionate about health/fitness.
    POWERLIFTING AND CALISTHENICS

ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by aschmidt920 View Post
    You are going to have a rough road ahead of you. I really do not see anyway you can 'man the front desk' while training someone. Someone is going to end up getting pissed at you. Your client will be annoyed when you leave them waiting so you can go fill out some paper work for the walk in, even if it's just to get them to sign a waiver. Or alternatively the person dropping in looking to workout will get annoyed standing around for any length of time waiting for you to finish up.

The only option I really see is letting the external trainers take a bigger cut or their sessions, but require them to man the front desk. But I would really take a close look at the labor laws wherever you are opening the gym.

Good luck!!!! I'm sure it's both terrifying and exciting at the same time!
    You'd be surprised how many PT-only studios have their staff member doing a PT session whilst expected to 'man the front desk' at the same time. Very very surprised.

(that's not saying it's the best thing or most professional thing to do, but jus sayin)
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is it $2500 each month thereafter or $2500 every four months thereafter?
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.