Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Video : Butt wink at squats

Hi, would like to know : how to do atg squats with the good form ?
    Can I, or do I have to squat // ?...

Thanks you guys..

Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Magicbox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are a lot wrong with that squat, sorry to say. The good thing, however, is that you can fix most of it with a few easy pointers.

1st thing. Even before you started squatting I can see you hyperextended your back, meaning you excessively arch it. This means you dont get to use your abs, which over time will lead to imbalances between lower back and abs. Dont hyperextend and focus on engaging those abs.

Next thing. Even though you stand on a couple small plates your weight still comes out on your toes. Do not do this! The pressure should be on the heel and sides of your feets.

Last big thing is the way you approach the squat. You get under the bar and then you start (recklessly) diving. The squat should not be a reckless dive, but a ((somewhat) slow) controlled movement. When you walk the bar out and get to your spot, take a one second break where you mentally go through the technique, and then you execute the squat with control.

You might need to do some stretching to get rid of all buttwink.

If all else fails try front squat. It will enforce good technique but it can take some time getting used to.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This buttwink doesnt look too bad. You might get lower back soreness, but nothing to be afraid of.

When I first started squatting ATG (with oly shoes), I had a similar buttwink. 2 years later, no more butt wink. I did a lot of piriformis stretching in the mean time...but I think what really help the most is simply to squat a lot. Some PTs told me I shouldnt go so deep, that I couldnt keep a good form and bla bla bla. I didnt listen to them.

So keep squatting, squat more, stretch more and it will get better eventually.

I agree with Magicbox about getting of your toes and your dive.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sapling will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks to you 2 for your help !
    Magicbox => I really don't hyperextend at the beginning, my back's like that : I have a hyperlordosis.
    For the 3rd point, you say that my squat is a reckless dive : I think this is because of the weight on the barbell : that's light to me, so I think I go faster.
    But I will control my movement, thanks you !

Saintqsc => Je vois que t'es québécois, je suis français J'ai vraiment du mal avec l'anglais donc je vais te répondre en fr
    Tu me dis comme magicbox de virer les poids sous mes talons, mais sans ça la rétroversion de mon bassin est largement plus marquée, et y'aura bien plus de risques pour mon dos que de simples "lower back soreness" dans ce cas :/
    La solution peut être de m'acheter des chaussures d'haltéro, mais ça fait une grosse différence ? J'hésite franchement

En tout cas ton témoignage est très encourageant pour moi, j'étais assez fataliste après la vue de cette video, mais si c'est arrangeable alors je vais tout faire pour !

Sinon, vu que tu t'es étiré pendant deux ans, tu as remarqué qu'un étirement était plus efficace qu'un autre pour s'assouplir les hanches ? Celui qui t'a le plus aidé ?

Merci pour ton aide

zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zezi25 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think that you aren't activating your glutes properly (hyperlordosis crew aka APT), what solved buttwink for me was lots of glute activation exercises and foam rolling the s*** out of my hip flexors before squatting and filming myself every squat session trying to improve my form (practice makes perfection), squat shoes might help also if you have tight ankles.
    Also, IMO, instead of sitting back like most people do, break at the knees and hips at the same time, i say this because your hips are already back because of your pelvis tilt, breaking at the hips will most likely hyperextend your back even further (mark bell has a video on this i think).
    My training log ------> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163518381

Originally Posted by zezi25 View Post
    I think that you aren't activating your glutes properly (hyperlordosis crew aka APT), what solved buttwink for me was lots of glute activation exercises and foam rolling the s*** out of my hip flexors before squatting and filming myself every squat session trying to improve my form (practice makes perfection), squat shoes might help also if you have tight ankles.
    Also, IMO, instead of sitting back like most people do, break at the knees and hips at the same time, i say this because your hips are already back because of your pelvis tilt, breaking at the hips will most likely hyperextend your back even further (mark bell has a video on this i think).
    Thanks for the help, will read this tommorow, really tired now lol

Bump (need a reply from saintqsc)

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
    Bump (need a reply from saintqsc)
    I sent you a PM.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get off the plates. set bar a little lower on back if possible. post video of you a) doing a regular body squat w no weight. and b) incorporating all the tips provided.