acewfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Personal training Questionaire

Hi im currently studying exercise sports science and anyone currently working in the fitness industry could reply to my survey i would be very appreciative. (Short answers are okay i will paraphrase).

Thank you for taking the time to answer this questionnaire. Please respond as best as possible, based on your overall experience working with clients in the fitness industry.
    Trainer background:
    Sex: _______
    Time to date working in the fitness industry: ________years ______months

Part 1: Factors Influencing Motivation, Participation and Adherence to Exercise
    Q1. Do you make use of environmental factors / cues to motivate your clients?
    YES / NO
    If “YES”, which of the following do you consider (please tick):
    Outdoors / location Y N
    Music
    Wall colours / photos / images or posters
    Room layout / organisation
    Equipment choices
    Other (please state)

If “NO”, do you have any reasons why you don’t?

Do you have any further comments about how environmental influences impact on peoples’ motivation to exercise?

Q2. Comment on how an individual’s personal experiences and circumstances influence their participation/ motivation and adherence to exercise

Q3. From your time working in the fitness industry, what are your observations on the impact of lifestyle / social influences on peoples’ participation in exercise programs?

Q4. In the area that you work as a trainer, do you feel that location (e.g. indoors / outdoors; proximity to transport / work / home) impact on people’s participation and maintenance of physical activity and exercise? If yes, could you give a few examples of how?

Q5. What age range / cultural background and demographic do most of your clients come from? How do you think this influences their attitudes towards health and fitness?

Q6. What importance do you place on setting goals when training clients/groups? And do you use short term performance goals i.e weight loss & gain ,stength, speed, endurance and form improvement as a means of assisting you in the clients improvement of fitness level and motivation for adhereing to a program?

Q7. What problems have you come across in relation to setting specific goals for clients? (i.e setting too many goals, setting non- specific goals, clients negative experience with failure in former endeavours, clients not understanding time commitments required to achieve these goal)

Q8. Define some factors a trainer must consider when trying to improve or maintain a clients focus, imagery of exercises or tasks, confidence and enjoyment of physical activity? (Can over confidence, over arousal, lack of energy and anxiety play a part in how you adjust your motivational techniques

Q9.How important is it for a trainer to develop intrinsic motivation for new clients in shifting their lifestyle/health choices? And how does this develop confidence and enjoyment in relation to physical activity?

Q10. From your experience, do lack of time, injury and lack of energy play a role in an individual not adhering to physical activity? How do you deal with these issues.