miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Question Would an ADVANCED lifter be able to gain working out 2 days/week ONLY on a SPLIT?

I've been wondering this. Though it may not be optimal would it still be possible for an advanced lifter to gain muscle and strength on a 2 day per week body part split such as

Mondays: Chest/shoulders/tris/abs

Thursdays: Back/Quads/Hamstrings/Calves/Traps/Glutes/Lower Back/Biceps/Forearms

miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) miscmonster is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Bump

bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bravo96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by miscmonster View Post
    Bump
    Eric lilliebridge trains only 2 main workouts a week.

Stan effeding only trained twice a week when he set his raw world record.

So is it optimal who knows..... Can it be very effective, yes

akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akolatier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. It may not be optimal but as long as your muscles have enough time to recover before the next workout it should work alright. When I'm bulking I workout every other day so that's an average of 3.5days/week. I split it up into chest/shoulders/tris, back/bis, and legs/traps. It gives adequate rest to grow. Less is more in this sport. It's also more about nutrition than anything else. Make sure your nutrition is spot on and if you are only lifting twice a week, I would recommend looking into carb cycling.

These answers are very encouraging! I was thinking in terms of both size and strength aspect. Even though it is a two day SPLIT, would one be able to progress continuously in terms of strength as well as HYPERTROPHY?

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by miscmonster View Post
    Mondays: Chest/shoulders/tris/abs

Thursdays: Back/Quads/Hamstrings/Calves/Traps/Glutes/Lower Back/Biceps/Forearms
    This tells me you probably aren't advanced. No intelligent athlete would devote an entire day to pushing and then put every other muscle into some hodge podge workout. Your back alone needs more work than your chest/shoulders/tris, much less trying to throw in everything else. The idea of working out two days per week is fine, but this is an awful way to do it.

This picture looks like it has a better chance of balancing than your routine.
    Experience, not just theory

Ovie466 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sick burn davis

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ovie466 View Post
    sick burn davis
    I wasn't really trying to burn OP, but I hope it got my point across.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    This tells me you probably aren't advanced. No intelligent athlete would devote an entire day to pushing and then put every other muscle into some hodge podge workout. Your back alone needs more work than your chest/shoulders/tris, much less trying to throw in everything else. The idea of working out two days per week is fine, but this is an awful way to do it.

This picture looks like it has a better chance of balancing than your routine.
    Iron Addict has a 2 day per week split that includes back with legs.

Lets do some simple math

Chest/Tris/Shoulders/abs=4-5 major muscle groups depending on how you want to call it

Back/Legs/Biceps/Forearms=12 major muscle groups minimum

Yeah...so not balanced at all

You do whatever you like man. You asked for opinions and you've gotten mine. Best of luck to you.