hokiee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodybuilding during baseball season

Hello everybody, I'm here with the issue of lifting while participating during baseball 6 days a week from now until June. I have been regularly going to the gym since this summer and have become a little obsessed with my weightlifting. I've been increasing in my numbers and my body looks the best it ever has. I went from looking like a twig to having a better sculpted, muscular physique with a lot more mass. I do not want to stop now. I propose this because, being a pitcher for my high school team, I recently starting getting forearm issues. It's affecting my throwing so I went to the athletic trainer and she says it's because of overuse due to my frequent weightlifting and throwing. My arms can only take so much. Until now, I would go to the gym after baseball practice and on the weekends. My coach found out I was doing this and told me it needed to stop until the season is over. Being a baseball player, I use my shoulder quite often and my coach warned me if I don't stop now my shoulder will be going through a lot of pain and could end my senior year career at any moment. Chest exercises are what he is most scared about, especially bench pressing. I love baseball and I love weightlifting. What in the world do I do? How can I keep my body looking the way it does? I never usually say this, but I'm really proud of where I've gotten and hearing that it isn't what is right for me at the time being is making me really upset.

Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ranger703 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I kinda skimmed your post. Most pitchers dont bench because of the abuse on shoulder. If you are not a pitcher you are not throwing 120 times a game so the bench can be benficial. My advice to you is to have 2 pull days that have big compound movements and isolate the rear delt out per 1 push day. So pull more than you push to keep your shoulder sitting in the socket right