Registered User truserbiansaint's Avatar
    truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking Number of sets for chest per week

I work out each muscle group once every 5 days and everythings been going great other than my chest and I've been wondering what is the optimal set range for working out the chest (in terms of building mass)

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    No specific number. As a beginner it's just whatever makes you get stronger the quickest. I wouldn't focus on too much volume. If you're doing a split and training chest once a week then consider limiting it to 3 quality exercises with 3-4 sets each. Though you'll probably make more progress on a simpler program where you train everything twice a week (or at least 1.5 times average) like you would on most beginner strength programs.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm no trainer or expert, but I hit about 30 sets of chest excercises Monday between inclined DB, flat and declined bench, cable crossovers and dips. Monday is heavy chest light tri, Thursday is light chest heavy tri

mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mliebs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do a 3 day split so I'm hitting chest twice a week. I do between 10 and 12 sets each time and that's more than enough for me. I'm actually thinking about dropping it to 8-10 and doing more shoulder work. My chest seems to grow faster than other body parts though.

truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) truserbiansaint has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by __Iceman__ View Post
    No specific number. As a beginner it's just whatever makes you get stronger the quickest. I wouldn't focus on too much volume. If you're doing a split and training chest once a week then consider limiting it to 3 quality exercises with 3-4 sets each. Though you'll probably make more progress on a simpler program where you train everything twice a week (or at least 1.5 times average) like you would on most beginner strength programs.
    Ive been working out now for about 10 months and i've been doing 16 sets for chest (4 different exercises 4 sets each) should i move down to 12 (take away a set for each exercise)? oh and i do 8 reps for each set

Originally Posted by mliebs View Post
    I do a 3 day split so I'm hitting chest twice a week. I do between 10 and 12 sets each time and that's more than enough for me. I'm actually thinking about dropping it to 8-10 and doing more shoulder work. My chest seems to grow faster than other body parts though.
    Whats your routine for chest?

respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jk202 View Post
    I'm no trainer or expert, but I hit about 30 sets of chest excercises Monday between inclined DB, flat and declined bench, cable crossovers and dips. Monday is heavy chest light tri, Thursday is light chest heavy tri
    30 sets? damn thats a lot.

I do maximum 16 sets 4 exercises. I usually do just 12 sets

I work chest twice a week. 4-6 reps right now 3-4 sets 3-4 exercises.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by truserbiansaint View Post
    I work out each muscle group once every 5 days and everythings been going great other than my chest and I've been wondering what is the optimal set range for working out the chest (in terms of building mass)
    As a beginner, you should be training all your body parts with much more frequency rather than with more volume.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat like an animal, train like a monster, sleep like a baby