mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Reverse grip decline bench press--awesome

I was trying to figure out some new ways of targeting the inner/under chest region and man this is a killer exercise. Give it a try if you haven't done this style before, it's brutal.

type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Reverse grip benchin is hard af on the wrists and is easier to drop the bar.. Other than that, I loved doing reverse grip benches, was just too much for my already ****ty wrist pain.. Works the triceps good too

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks good, man, though I'd suggest going lighter for higher reps.

Don't wanna drop that bar on yourself!

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by type8291 View Post
    Reverse grip benchin is hard af on the wrists and is easier to drop the bar.. Other than that, I loved doing reverse grip benches, was just too much for my already ****ty wrist pain.. Works the triceps good too
    They can also be performed on the smith machine with the proper safety stops and the smoooooth ROM that only the smith can provide. You could rep out for ever; all you need is a decline adjustable bench and that there smith.
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought ‘I’ll just quit — to hell with it.’ And another little voice inside me said ‘Don’t quit — save that tiny little ember of spark.’ And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.”

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is quite safe done in a cage, also easier if you are doing it solo as un-racking can be avoided, just place the bar on the safeties get on the bench and roll the bar towards the legs until in position and lift off from there.

mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rasputin4 View Post
    Looks good, man, though I'd suggest going lighter for higher reps.

Don't wanna drop that bar on yourself!
    that's not me btw, I just google it and that was the first video that showed up.

Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    They can also be performed on the smith machine with the proper safety stops and the smoooooth ROM that only the smith can provide. You could rep out for ever; all you need is a decline adjustable bench and that there smith.
    Yeah that's the way I did them except I used a decline bench. You can also use a flat bench with dumbbells and twist the DB's inwards on the way up, or the whole time.

type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10) type8291 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    Yea I used smith as well so I wasn't worried about it falling on my neck and killing me lol it was just wrist issues

Originally Posted by mattvdh View Post
    Yeah that's the way I did them except I used a decline bench. You can also use a flat bench with dumbbells and twist the DB's inwards on the way up, or the whole time.
    I tried with DBS it didnt seem as good, did you go straight up or push the DBS more toward each other?

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    I guess I don't see the point of this lift. I've read about the enhanced upper pec stimulation from reverse grip and tricep emphasis. I used to do these on flat bench and enjoyed the exercise. This is decline though...trying to work upper pecs just seems kind of dumb. You can do close grip while focusing on keeping your elbows super tucked and get a great tricep workout without wrist pain.
    Experience, not just theory

WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10) WH1TEL1GHT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did reverse grip on the flat bench in high school. Great workout. But those gains will mean nothing when the bar slips and guillotines you.

Originally Posted by type8291 View Post
    I tried with DBS it didnt seem as good, did you go straight up or push the DBS more toward each other?
    like this, except they were touching at the peak of the press. Some guys will push normally and twist at the end, but try twisting the whole way through, it's so much harder.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I guess I don't see the point of this lift. I've read about the enhanced upper pec stimulation from reverse grip and tricep emphasis. I used to do these on flat bench and enjoyed the exercise. This is decline though...trying to work upper pecs just seems kind of dumb. You can do close grip while focusing on keeping your elbows super tucked and get a great tricep workout without wrist pain.
    I'm not sure why wrist pain is being bought up, it's a perfectly natural position--just as natural as the standard BP motion. Your form must be incorrect. Close grip is ok, but it doesn't isolate the lower/center region of the chest. My goal wasn't really to work the tri's, but that's sort of inevitable on any sort of pressing movement. This isn't for upper chest, it's decline. Recline/incline is more for upper chest or even flat. Upper chest has always been pretty easy to develop for me, but the center where both pectorals meet is much more difficult.

Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've only seen this once at the gym.
    280/335/475

Mirin Charizard

"The difference between a successful miscer and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of aesthetics, but rather a lack of will."
    -Rufflez

SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by WH1TEL1GHT View Post
    Did reverse grip on the flat bench in high school. Great workout. But those gains will mean nothing when the bar slips and guillotines you.
    I agree, seems way too sketchy. If anything I'd do it on the smith or dumbbells
    Striving for aesthetics. Failure is NOT an option. It is only a matter of time.

-women assuring me I am aesthetic
    -get called ripped or muscular regularly
    -LOL@ average person's standards for ripped
    -I made it brahs

*negging FA phegs on sight crew*

*repping FA's that quit bitching, step out of their comfort zone, and DO SOMETHING crew*

Yeah I'm always trying out different ideas to see what works best. You'd be surprised what you can do with a stretch band for isolation movements.
    Give it a try.

Originally Posted by SpiiralOut View Post
    I agree, seems way too sketchy. If anything I'd do it on the smith or dumbbells
    It's not reinventing the wheel, you just simply turn your hands inwards, nothing else is different about it. It's a perfectly natural motion.

Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cazbah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Going to try it. How does it target the inner/under pec though? The muscle grows as a whole.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    I'm not sure why wrist pain is being bought up, it's a perfectly natural position--just as natural as the standard BP motion. Your form must be incorrect. Close grip is ok, but it doesn't isolate the lower/center region of the chest. My goal wasn't really to work the tri's, but that's sort of inevitable on any sort of pressing movement. This isn't for upper chest, it's decline. Recline/incline is more for upper chest or even flat. Upper chest has always been pretty easy to develop for me, but the center where both pectorals meet is much more difficult.
    Maybe I was going too wide on the grip. It was with my pointer finger on the ring. It hurt so much I had to slightly rotate my wrists to imitate a reverse "bulldog grip". As far as the chest "isolation" goes I'm with the below poster on this one. Despite everything, it all comes down to preference. If you enjoy doing the exercise then continue to do it.
    Originally Posted by Cazbah View Post
    Going to try it. How does it target the inner/under pec though? The muscle grows as a whole.
    Experience, not just theory

Originally Posted by Cazbah View Post
    Right, it's only 2 muscles (major/minor), but different angles stimulate different areas of the muscles. I don't know how else to say it except laymans terms. I'm not sure why there aren't specific technical terms to describe this, maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

Franco had the best chest separation, you could clearly tell that it was two muscles and it was still swol looking.

Originally Posted by SpiiralOut View Post
    Bodybuilding is a science, not a sport. With science comes reading and research, with facts from reliable sources to back up your claims. So get on it...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ALWAYS question second hand information.
    Your signature: I don't know if I would consider it a pure science actually, I'd say BB is combination of art & science. If you look at people that study BB and the 'science' of it, they usually aren't very big or have aesthetic bodies. The ones that have obtained big/aesthetic bodies understand the value of hard work and listening to their bodies/instincts and pushing past thresholds. It's like you can teach someone how to play music, but you can't really instill talent into someone to write the next 9th symphony (/insert whatever artist you consider genius). It takes a certain level of passion and intensity to achieve a BB's physique, and this is very individualistic. When you are lifting it's not just about scientific data, you are putting your mind over matter. Sure genes play a big role, and of course AAS, but above all there's no substitute for hard work. Studying the subject of fitness/nutrition is one thing, putting it into practice and making it work for your particular body type is another. /rant

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No thanks.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bobdickgus View Post
    It is quite safe done in a cage
    That's the only way I'd recommend doing this movement. Thinking of someone catching that bar in the teeth literally makes me cringe.

greenkyle9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your signature: I don't know if I would consider it a pure science actually, I'd say BB is combination of art & science. If you look at people that study BB and the 'science' of it, they usually aren't very big or have aesthetic bodies. The ones that have obtained big/aesthetic bodies understand the value of hard work and listening to their bodies/instincts and pushing past thresholds. It's like you can teach someone how to play music, but you can't really instill talent into someone to write the next 9th symphony (/insert whatever artist you consider genius). It takes a certain level of passion and intensity to achieve a BB's physique, and this is very individualistic. When you are lifting it's not just about scientific data, you are putting your mind over matter. Sure genes play a big role, and of course AAS, but above all there's no substitute for hard work. Studying the subject of fitness/nutrition is one thing, putting it into practice and making it work for your particular body type is another. /rant
    So now's 2016, and just wondering how's your results with decline reverser grip dumbbell bench press? Now look back, how will you pick for decline vs flat, dumbbell vs barbell?

I have recently posted about neck press vs reverser grip, but not much feedback about it. forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169998173&p=1412919103#post141291 9103