jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Which GHD under $500

HI All - I'm planning to add a GHD to my home gym and I'm looking for a little feedback. First of all I have never used a GHD so I'm fairly inexperienced and I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking out for. I'm trying to keep the budget under $500 shipped. The two contendors I have so far are

Body Solid SGH500 for $400 shipped
    http://www.bodysolid.com/commercial/...___Ham_Machine

The CFF GHD for $495 shipped
    http://www.christiansfitnessfactory....-Powder-Coated

Both have band pegs, the body solid has a step up. One thing that alarms me about the body solid is that it has a contoured foot plate. I'm not sure if this is desirable or not. Anybody have any recomendations or thoughts about these two? Any other models around the same price range that I should be looking at? There doesn't seem to be too much discussion on the body solid or the updated CFF ghd so any input is appreciated!

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just got the CFF GHD about a month ago. I live not too far from there, and I was able to pick it up for $300 during one of their flash sales, so it made economic sense. I like it a lot. I didn't think I would be too excited about having a model with band pegs, but I can actually use those for reverse hypers. The machine feels solid enough when I am on it, and I like the fact that it has wheels, because it is bigger/heavier than I realized when I looked at it at the store.

The only things I can find to nitpick about it are the bottom stabilization rail and the paint job. That bottom round chrome rail (the part that the footplate slides front to back on) initially seemed a bit flimsy. I don't really notice this when I am actually using the machine, however.

The paint job seems a bit cheap. To be fair, I bought the "Econo" model, and in reality, there is not much contact between me and the painted parts of the machine.

I have never seen the Body Solid before, so I can't truly compare, but I like the fact that it has a step up, and the bottom rail looks sturdier to me than the CFF model. I'm not wild about the fact that the foot plate carriage does not appear to actually be connected to the bottom rail, although it does appear to have enough of a lip to keep things upright. I don't know that I would be too concerned one way or another about the contoured foot plate, but maybe someone else can weigh in on that.
    Last edited by rlundregan; 06-17-2013 at 03:47 AM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Where did you find the body solid for 400?

jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the review on the cff rlundgren! Reps!

Cux I sent you a pm.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jdforsy View Post
    Thanks for the review on the cff rlundgren! Reps!

Cux I sent you a pm.
    Thanks! Be sure to let us know what you end up doing, and how you like it!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was thinking about those two. I looked at both of them and decided to save a few hundred more for an Again Faster GHD. If a few people come up with a detailed reviews on the body solid and at $400 I may be tempted, but I really think its too much money to chance it over what Again Faster sells theirs for. It has some nice reviews on the crossfit boards.

needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50) needabs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by donforeman View Post
    I was thinking about those two. I looked at both of them and decided to save a few hundred more for an Again Faster GHD. If a few people come up with a detailed reviews on the body solid and at $400 I may be tempted, but I really think its too much money to chance it over what Again Faster sells theirs for. It has some nice reviews on the crossfit boards.
    You've seen all three in person?

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    there's a ghd in the northwest ohio area (not listed on ad)

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/spo/3860296424.html