xeunaex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Underweight, high body fat!?

Thank you soso much for reading! Last summer I went on my weight loss journey and lost a whooping 48 pounds. At the beginning I was eating really unhealthily (900 calories and less a day) until this February I realized exactly what I was doing to my body, and began eating more appropriately. I am 5'8 117 pounds and still have excess fat around, I was wondering what I should be doing (Should I be lifting, or cardio, or what?), but I am scared that if I gain more weight I will gain more fat too! I also can not lift heavy because I am only 15 years old. I just really want to be happy with my body for once! Please help me!! Thank you!!

PS: I do go to the gym three times a week, but spend most of my time on the stepper, I find it hard to pick out an appropriate routine/plan for my age

mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by xeunaex View Post
    Thank you soso much for reading! Last summer I went on my weight loss journey and lost a whooping 48 pounds. At the beginning I was eating really unhealthily (900 calories and less a day) until this February I realized exactly what I was doing to my body, and began eating more appropriately. I am 5'8 117 pounds and still have excess fat around, I was wondering what I should be doing (Should I be lifting, or cardio, or what?), but I am scared that if I gain more weight I will gain more fat too! I also can not lift heavy because I am only 15 years old. I just really want to be happy with my body for once! Please help me!! Thank you!!

PS: I do go to the gym three times a week, but spend most of my time on the stepper, I find it hard to pick out an appropriate routine/plan for my age
    If you have gym access, why can't you lift?
    I'm only human...except in the gym.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What does age have to do with lifting heavy? I was lifting hella heavy at your age.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you're not underweight for your age. you're 15 and still growing.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hit the right macros (look for stickies on this), eat 10 - 20% above your body weight maintenance calories. Then hit the weights hard (start with rippetoe 3x5 or stronglift 5x5). Your bodyfat % will probably stay the same or maybe increase a little bit, but you'll definitely look more toned and sexier from the muscle gains.

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    What does age have to do with lifting heavy? I was lifting hella heavy at your age.
    The fitness instructor at gym (woman) doesn't recommend it at all. Actually, she more or less preaches against it, leaving my mother very worked up and completely against me lifting. I even showed her these posts and she wouldn't believe them, making excuses like 'they probably aren't even real people!'
    Is all she says really bull, can I lift? I really want to

Originally Posted by HeavyIron8 View Post
    Hit the right macros (look for stickies on this), eat 10 - 20% above your body weight maintenance calories. Then hit the weights hard (start with rippetoe 3x5 or stronglift 5x5). Your bodyfat % will probably stay the same or maybe increase a little bit, but you'll definitely look more toned and sexier from the muscle gains.
    Macros? Stickies? I'm sorry I am completely lost, is there a link you could give me to help find the stickies? Also thanks for the other feedback, very good thing to learn!

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I started lifting at 14. Get a book and get to it. Don't say **** to your mother or the fitness instructor who probably doesn't know her head from her butthole.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You BMI is 17.9 which is low. Dont worry about fat you see, concentrate of good nutrition, getting enough calories, and some exercise. Maybe you need top join a sports team.

Talk to you parents and sports teacher at school. Have you tried olympic lifting at school. Do you have a school nurse? They are more likely to have a balanced attitude to your development.

On this site you will obviously get people telling you to do bodybuilding routines.
    Last edited by PopeGregorius; 06-01-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *