Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000)
    Set some macros and as long as the food your eating fits them, then go ahead and eat. As far as gaining or losing weight its all about calories. You could lose weight eating only ice cream, as long as the calories are the same. Now I wouldn't say that is a healthy way to lose weight.

IMHO The diet you mentioned is healthier then pizza and burgers although I'd definitely include veggies and fruits. Healthy doesn't really have to do with fat gain though. You technically can get fat eating only fruit or only veggies, tho it would be a lot harder then getting fat on a diet of pizza.
    yolo- you only lift once

Sumo Deadlift: 480 x1
    Back Squat: 450 x1
    Bench: 240 x1

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RCinTraining View Post
    I edited & explained my post so even a 3rd grader would understand. If that doesn't make sense to you then go ahead and eat all the sh!t you want.

I never said fats make you fat. You need all 3 of the main macros that should have SOME balance to them.

You won't get MORE fat from eating junk. You'll get just as fat.3000 kcals are 3000 kcals regardless from where they come from.You get equally as fat.(fat meaning weight here.) The only difference is in what form will that weight be.

You can eat phucking chocolate all day and get 3000 kcals from simply carbs and fats WITH NO PROTEIN AT ALL.Therefore ,your body will have nothing to build muscle with. How is this difficult to understand ?

I also never said you can not bulk while eating junk. You CAN. You can always do just about anything.But there's either the right way or the easy way. The results will reflect the choice you make.
    That is the stupidest ****ing argument I have *possibly* ever heard. I'll try to make this real simple for ya....

We have these things called "macronutrients." We have a set amount we must hit per day. If you eat nothing but chocolate, you will not hit those macronutrients. It is not chocolate's fault that you turned into a fat ****, it is your inability to perform simple tasks like counting up some god damn numbers.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DDon1996 View Post
    That is the stupidest ****ing argument I have *possibly* ever heard. I'll try to make this real simple for ya....

We have these things called "macronutrients." We have a set amount we must hit per day. If you eat nothing but chocolate, you will not hit those macronutrients. It is not chocolate's fault that you turned into a fat ****, it is your inability to perform simple tasks like counting up some god damn numbers.
    And that is 100% what I was trying to point out.That's why it's a retarded idea to eat junk food. You simply cannot hit your macros properly that way.

Originally Posted by RCinTraining
    You need all 3 of the main macros that should have SOME balance to them.
    I gave the chocolate example precisely to help people understand that 'cals in cals out' is not all that matters. You can't eat just about anything and expect to have proper results.
    In the end , the warrior that survived is the one that was always willing to die.

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    And that is 100% what I was trying to point out.That's why it's a retarded idea to eat junk food. You simply cannot hit your macros properly that way.
    It's funny cause i can eat "junk" food and manage to hit my macros fine.

You know you can eat both junk food and clean food and hit your macros easily, not hard budd-e.

Wall Just got 10ft Higher Mitch666's Avatar
    Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TonedJordan View Post
    Healthy on the outside doesnt mean healthy on the inside. All that saturated fat and salt is going to cause you serious health problems if you make it a habbit. Everything is ok in moderation, but eating alot of saturated fat will result in an early death. All that cholestrol will slowly clog your arteries/heart and cause a high blood pressure, in combination with the salt (Im no biologist but salt increases volume of liquid/blood in your system = higher blood pressure). This double dose of high blood pressure = heart attack, stroke, brain hemoerage etc. etc.

Like I said, all things are fine in moderation, but if you make a habbit of having really bad food everyday you may find yourself in a bad way. Plus people who say sugar is just as good as any other carbs, again because its all about cals in vs. cals out. One word for you ****ers....diabetes. A very terrible and destructive disease!!

Just be careful, pizza is amazing for getting in the cals, I love it Just don't go overboard and you can't go wrong!
    not even jumpin in on the IIFYM topic, but LOL at saturated fat being bad for you. Take your poverty 1980's usda untritional knowledge somewhere else. Saturated fat is good for you. Brb raising test, helping with joint health and just making you all around more awesome.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
    � Hunter S. Thompson

Live fast, die young, and leave a jacked and tan corpse.

Best lifts

Squat- 500
    Bench-390
    Deadlift-635

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I gave the chocolate example precisely to help people understand that 'cals in cals out' is not all that matters. You can't eat just about anything and expect to have proper results.
    If that's what you were trying to point out you did a rather poor job. It seemed to me (and I'd argue anyone else that read your posts) that you were demonizing whatever you arbitrarily categorized as "junk food."

If you were advocating that hitting your macros properly will result in gains and being insufficient will hinder gains then I retract my position about the stupidity of your argument.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10) RCinTraining is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    It's funny cause i can eat "junk" food and manage to hit my macros fine.

You know you can eat both junk food and clean food and hit your macros easily, not hard budd-e.
    IIFYM , perfect. But the way OP made it sound was : Instructor said 3k cals regardless of where they come from.
    Eat junk food 3 times a day and good luck hitting your macros.

It's not hard - granted. If you have basic understanding about nutrition.However, OP didn't seem to have it , since he asked this question. Balance is exactly what I was trying to point out to him. "Eating all the junk food one wants" is not balance. And as with the retarded chocolate example , that's basically what his instructor said. Eat it , don't matter where it comes from. It does in fact matter.

@DDon1996:

Like I said ,I was trying to give OP a very basic example of why hitting your macros is important , and why not hitting said macros is a very very ineffective way to 'bulk'.
    Last edited by RCinTraining; 04-19-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    In the end , the warrior that survived is the one that was always willing to die.

Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys , I get the drift now !
    I'm gonna monitor my macros, and just include a little junk food here and there if I feel I'm not hitting my aimed cals.

karimtheboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah eat lof food & lot of calories = offseason

petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    there is much more broscience in this section than i expected, i am disappoint

+ op yes eat the pizza and burgers and get swole

Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hassafza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by petertuck View Post
    there is much more broscience in this section than i expected, i am disappoint

+ op yes eat the pizza and burgers and get swole
    was that sarcasm? lol

petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) petertuck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Hassafza View Post
    was that sarcasm? lol
    no? lol

Originally Posted by petertuck View Post
    no? lol
    right my bad lol

meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100) meetfeet is not very well liked. (-100)
    carbs-some get stored as fat quicker than others

Thankful for my gratitude TomNotNatalie's Avatar
    TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hassafza View Post
    so I wanted to discuss my diet with the instructor and he basically told me to aim for 3k to 4k cals and it doesn't matter where you getting them from .. pizza or w.e. I don't want moobs man!

I'm aiming 3k cals anyway but there from rice, grilled chicken, brown bread and nuts..

So am i doing the right thing or what the instructor said is better?
    Your instructor is right, all that matters for progress in the gym is a caloric surplus = more energy in than out.

Fiber and micronutrients are important for your overall health, but your gym performance and body composition is pretty much just calories, and ensuring you're getting enough protein.
    Weak Ass Lifts:
    Bench Press: 85kg (188) x 2
    Deadlift: 160kg (353) x 1
    ATG Squat: 116kg (256) x 1 (Heels on 10kg plates = awkward, terrible balance, pain and damage to the knees every time, constantly.)

Bone spurs in the ankle joint crew. Flexibility hours a day but still can't bend at my knees crew.

Who was moon shoes? Ask me and we can go on a journey together.

Thankful for my gratitude TomNotNatalie's Avatar
    TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50) TomNotNatalie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most begginers don't eat enough and spin in their wheels for 6+ months and end up going from like 130lbs to 145lbs bench press, so that's probably why he told you to eat everything.

musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000) musclehead09 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    Calories in vs calories out

3000 calories from clean food will get you just as fat as 3000 calories from junk food.
    Def agree to a point however 3000 cals from all fat and carbs will be different than if you had a lot of protein. IIFYM for sure though.
    Lifetime PR's

Squat 445 w/ wraps (405 raw no wraps)
    Competition Bench 275
    Deadlift 435

Training Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177139451

TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    The difference between clean food and junk food (i.e. Pizza , McDonalds , even KFC , fast foods in general ) is that the amount of Fats you gain from the latter is exponentially higher.

For example's sake take this comparison:

From a Mc Burger that supposedly has 600 kcal ,because of it's components , you get about 50% as fats , 30%ish carbs and what's left as protein.

So thats:
    300 kcals from 33g of fat.
    180 kcals from 45g of carbs.
    120(or less) kcals from about 30g of protein.

Now compare that to say a normal chicken breast meal + some potatoes (take about 200g of chicken + 300 g of potatoes to get about 600 kcals):

That's:
    ~80 kcals from 8-9 g of fat
    ~300 kcals from 75-ish g of carbs
    200+ kcals from 51 g of protein

So while the calories are pretty much the same , the macros differ a lot.

The main point is, yes, you could eat all the junk you want if you bulk , but you will probably get about 2 or even 3 times the amount of fats than you normally should. And possibly less protein.

You can pretty much eat Lays potato chips all day that are virtually just carbs and fats for 3000 cals. You will gain weight. You will also probably gain 0 muscle.

Regarding the dirty bulk:

A 'clean' bulk is when you eat somewhere around a 300 caloric surplus. A dirty bulk is when you go over 500. It's called dirty because supposedly you make faster muscle gains , but you also gain more fat in the process.
    You actually need far less protein than what is promoted to gain mass. Once you cover a g per lb lb, (and even this is proving to be an overestimate), how you choose to fill your calories is insignificant. I bulked on 150-180g of a fat a day and am pretty swole. It comes down to experimenting with how your own body reacts to certain macros, some people do well high carb high protein, some high fat high pro, some very high pro low carb low fat. Personal experience.
    In comp best lifts:

270kg wrapless squat / 160kg bench / 280kg deadlift

Killuax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VEINZ View Post
    Its all dependent on your body type. there is no this way or that way. yes if your family has a history of being overweight then dirty bulking with 4k calories will make u a fatass , rather if your parents are real skinny you can eat pizza burgers ice cream all dayum day and it will most likely be the only way u can intake the amount of calories to put on weight.

I don't believe in calls IN/OUT i believe in genetics. But even for myself being a relatively lean person i notice myself getting kind of poogey sometimes when i go crazy with the amount of junk food i intake.
    Sadly enough that's not true :P