Imtheblkranger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Delayed onset of results

Hey. I'm new to posting on this forum, put this in nutrition because nutrition is probably the main component in my question, couldn't find anything in a search so here goes:

Just started a new workout/nutrition program. Morning HIIT for 30 minutes, evening strength and/or LISS cardio. Very clean diet (white meats, lots of high fiber veggies, lowered carb intake) with a cheat meal Friday night for my sanity. I've noticed some small physical changes already and an increase in endurance.

My question is, I have a friend who is a professional Arena League Football player. He's in incredible shape. He mentioned to me that when he was doing his training and starting a new program he'd have multiple weeks right off the bat with small changes and then suddenly exponentially start shedding excess body fat.

Is there anyone else who's experienced this? I usually lose the willpower to stay on my regimen religiously after 2-3 weeks but this time I'm feeling much more in tune with it. Curious if this is a normal occurrence in people. Start slowly and then rapid change.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Imtheblkranger View Post
    Very clean diet (white meats, lots of high fiber veggies, lowered carb intake) with a cheat meal Friday night for my sanity.
    Usually, when someone uses the silly metaphor "clean diet" it means they lack even the most basic knowledge of nutrition and, from what you've posted, it seems that you're yet another example.

My suggestion: read the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum and learn the basics about nutrition.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Usually, when someone uses the silly metaphor "clean diet" it means they lack even the most basic knowledge of nutrition and, from what you've posted, it seems that you're yet another example.

My suggestion: read the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum and learn the basics about nutrition.
    I actually know quite a bit about nutrition. Between my own research and being in a family in the medical field. I use this words "clean diet" because its simple phrasing and gets my point across. I understand I'm new here, but if you don't want to help me, there's no need to assume and suggest I have no idea what I am talking about.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Please offer a definition of a "clean" diet and then reference any peer-reviewed journal published research that collaborates that definition.

pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000)
    It gets the point across you don't understand nutrition. If you want to lose fat eat in a calorie deficit, if you want to gain muscle eat in a calorie surplus. Pick one and left weights with progressive overload.

I was using it as a very loose term. I never implied that it meant anything more than not eating like crap. Apparently my point is missed and yet another forum where people can't just stick to the question at hand. My diet was not part of the question.

pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000) pshickey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your question is silly. It takes years and decades to build a good physique. Keep it simple.

I was using it as a very loose term. I never implied that it meant anything more than not eating like crap.
    Interesting perspective.

What is your caloric intake and the macronutrient composition of those calories. Also, what's your estimated TDEE?

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I actually know quite a bit about nutrition. Between my own research and being in a family in the medical field. I use this words "clean diet" because its simple phrasing and gets my point across. I understand I'm new here, but if you don't want to help me, there's no need to assume and suggest I have no idea what I am talking about.
    do you think this will happen all of a sudden?
    clearly your knowledge of nutrition should know why he would shed faster and with the supplement of your family and their knowledge you should know the effects of energy balance and why he would be shedding fat so fast.

or is he shedding fat?
    maybe its water weight?