AvaOlivia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AvaOlivia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AvaOlivia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AvaOlivia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AvaOlivia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile sweet potato... how much per meal?

I'm a 126lb female 5 foot 4. Looking to lose fat build some muscle and tone up.

Quick question on sweet potato.

The sweet potatoes you get in my supermarket are huge! I mean atleast double the size of a normal white baking potato (the sort u use to make jacket/baked potatoes) if not bigger.

How much would I eat per meal. I was thinking maybe like a quarter of a potato per meal. Is this too much?

I'm happy to measure it if its easier and you can give me a measurement or if you can tell me how much roughly. Quarter of a potato less? I couldn't eat more than a quarter.

Thanks

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how much of anything you eat per meal isn't important. your total daily calories are what matters.

use a digital kitchen scale and weigh all your foods. that way, you know how much you're eating and with what macronutrient breakdown at the end of the day.

you might find this helpful: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Registered User BikiniBoulderer's Avatar
    BikiniBoulderer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I live in NC and we have Harris Teeter as our grocery store. I buy these microwave sweet potatoes and they're smaller than the regular ones. The microwave kind are pre-wrapped in plastic and you just cook for 8 min and done! They're about 120 calories per potato.

I eat one EVERY night for my 5th meal (out of 6) along with fresh sauteed asparagus and then some kind of meat. I used to do the whole butter/cinnamon/brown sugar bit but now I've switched to no butter and just sea salt and pepper. I LOVE THEM and I've done ok so far... Started at 148 in Mid-January and am down to 139 now, 7 weeks later!

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't base how much of a sweet potato I eat on it's size. I base it more on the calories and macros. Right now I'd like to gain weight so I find that I try to eat about half of a large sweet potato at time. So lunch might be half a sweet potato baked in its skin with some salt and pepper, some steamed broccoli and Sriracha sauce, and then some egg whites.

Have you ever tried making sweet potato brownies? I really like them and they're another way to get your sweet potato in while changing it up a bit.

Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    I don't base how much of a sweet potato I eat on it's size. I base it more on the calories and macros. Right now I'd like to gain weight so I find that I try to eat about half of a large sweet potato at time. So lunch might be half a sweet potato baked in its skin with some salt and pepper, some steamed broccoli and Sriracha sauce, and then some egg whites.

Have you ever tried making sweet potato brownies? I really like them and they're another way to get your sweet potato in while changing it up a bit.
    Sweet potato brownies?? Yum, this sounds so good. Never heard of them.
    He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

Muhammad Ali

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold